Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-10, 06:30 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Tonya Larson is pregnant and planning on filming a prenatal w/out, wants feedback

Hi all,

Tonya Larson is pregnant and planning on shooting a pre-natal dvd with Patrick G. in August as well as a family fitness DVD. The family fitness DVD will be geared towards all the homeschooling parents that like Tonya's workouts because it's safe for their kids to participate in. Tonya would love to hear what people have liked and don't like about prenatal workouts they have purchased, so if you have any thoughts, feel free to let her know!

http://www.tonyalarson.net/Tonya_Larson/HOME.html

Just wanted to share......

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 06:27 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Hi all,

Tonya Larson is pregnant and planning on shooting a pre-natal dvd with Patrick G. in August
Oh my goodness!! Is Patrick pregnant too???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
as well as a family fitness DVD. The family fitness DVD will be geared towards all the homeschooling parents that like Tonya's workouts because it's safe for their kids to participate in.

Denise
Well how totally cool is that?

Susan
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 07:44 AM  
lizziej

What does Tonya mean by "safe"? Cause honestly - for a second I got excited about her prenatal workout (although by the time is comes out, it will probably be too late) but the "safe" workout for homeschooling parents thing is a total turnoff for me.
lizziej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 07:51 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I think "safe" probalby just means free of "how great you'll look in your bikini" type of talk. I don't like that in my own workouts, although I tolerate it. I want my kids to work out for fun and health, not get all obsessive over body parts.

At least, that's my guess. There are so many perfect, airbrushed images in magazines, so much plastic surgery among actresses on TV, I think a good healthy message about performance and self-esteem and health would be a good thing.

I had it when a really, really good workout has what can be mentally unhealthy bikini body-based workout patter. I definitely don't consider that "safe" for girls to immerse themselves in daily.
Old 05-23-10, 04:50 PM  
lizziej

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I think "safe" probalby just means free of "how great you'll look in your bikini" type of talk. I don't like that in my own workouts, although I tolerate it. I want my kids to work out for fun and health, not get all obsessive over body parts.

At least, that's my guess. There are so many perfect, airbrushed images in magazines, so much plastic surgery among actresses on TV, I think a good healthy message about performance and self-esteem and health would be a good thing.

I had it when a really, really good workout has what can be mentally unhealthy bikini body-based workout patter. I definitely don't consider that "safe" for girls to immerse themselves in daily.
Ok - but how would that be any different from any other kid focused workout?
Old 05-23-10, 06:26 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Maybe it wouldn't be, I don't know.... I haven't owned many kids' workout at all (my girls usually just do mine with me if/when they get the urge.) Nor, obviously, have I seen Tonya's....

Some moms use workout DVDs for their kids' PE, if their kids don't go to school or do sports. So if Tanya adds another good one to the relatively short pile of workouts for kids, it's all good imho!
Old 05-24-10, 08:09 AM  
lizziej

Sure - but to me she implys if you don't homeschool your kids - you don't really care what you expose them to. Which is a turnoff.

Tags
tonya larson