Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-09, 05:59 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Tonya Larson's Trim and Toned in 20

Tonya filmed her 4th workout with Patrick Goudeau on 10/24 and it's called Trim and Toned in 20. She stated there are 3, 20 minute segments including weights and cardio. She did upper body / lower body and did a cardio segment for abs in addition to ab work on the ball. (including the Spiritual Warm-Up Stretch it should be about 69 minutes long) She told me she wasn't able to use the bosu but did use the stability ball throughout. She is hoping to release it by Christmas (if all goes well) and from her website blog, she should have a preorder for it as well.

http://www.tonyalarson.net/Tonya_Lar...6_Updates.html

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine

Last edited by Denise R; 11-12-09 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added Tonya's blog link
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 07:00 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks for the update, Denise. I'm just wondering if I can really get 'Trim and Toned' in 20 minutes

Oh wait - I just re-read your post. The weights and the cardio are two separate workouts? I first read it as three separate workouts that each include weights and cardio - in which case I wouldn't think there would be enough of either. Is Patrick in the workouts, or is Patrick now filming workouts for people?

It must be too early for me -- 20 minutes upper body, 20 minutes lower body and 20 minutes cardio w/abs. Correct?

I'd love to see a clip. I don't remember why I didn't like her Pure Pump.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 07:03 AM  
dixie

Thanks for the info!
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 08:16 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I'm looking forward to it. I love Tonya!

Joni, I think the 20 minute format is for people like me who need to do something but may not find more than 20 minutes at a time to exercise. And on a good day, I'm hoping to put 2 or 3 segments together.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 10:29 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'd be fine if it's 20 minutes of upper body, 20 minutes of lower body and 20 minutes cardio + abs. I think you can accomplish a lot in 20 minutes if it's not a combination of cardio, upper and lower - but 20 minutes each.

I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Old 11-12-09, 02:54 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I'd be fine if it's 20 minutes of upper body, 20 minutes of lower body and 20 minutes cardio + abs. I think you can accomplish a lot in 20 minutes if it's not a combination of cardio, upper and lower - but 20 minutes each.

I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Joni, I got the impression that the cardio is mixed in with each body part session. So 20 minutes upper body mixed with some cardio, 20 minutes lower body with cardio and then 20 minutes abs with brief cardio. I'll bet the cardio is minimal, probably just enough to enhance the "calorie burn".

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 03:37 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks, Denise!
Old 11-12-09, 03:44 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Hi Denise -

If you talk to Tonya again about these, can you ask her what the music is like on the workout? I loved the music on Step Pump but not so much on Pure Pump.

Thanks,
Nat
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 05:43 PM  
gigi

Sounds interesting! I'll be watching for the clips.

Tags
tonya larson