Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-09, 03:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
with Kimberly Spreen is quickly becoming my favorite workout This is the first CIA workout I have ever had (thanks to a very generous trade!!!) and I can definitely understand why so many rave about the CIA series,what an incredible value,truly worth the money!! the premixes, the great music and production,I see what the big deal is now
this workout - SO much fun!!! As others have mentioned, just don't go too heavy with the body bar. I'm using a 4lb bar and loving it. I may go to 6lbs in the future but I'm keeping this strictly cardio.

I haven't always clicked with Kim. This one's my favorite, though!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 06:13 PM  
juberann

Well,Lucky, I see you and I are,once again, on the same page I just LOVE this workout! I use my 3 pound Amplifier and it works just great,wish it were a little longer,though

So,it seems like Absolute Kickboxing is a favorite of many who responded. So,if I am able to get down the choreography in Cardio Combat Surge (and it did take some practice,that's how "challaged" I am) will I be able to "get" the moves in Absolute Kickboxing??? How is this one different from Cardio Combat? Are Kim's workouts different enough to justify having all of them??

Thanks so much to all who have responded I definitely plan on buying (or try to trade for) more of Kim's workouts,just don't want to fall into the rut of buying the same workout over and over again (ala Leslie)

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 07:24 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I like this wo too. I use my 8 lb Firm body bar. This really makes me sweat during the combat sections. I tried using a bo staff but it didn't give me the sweat factor of using a body bar.

I like Kimberly's other workouts too but I haven't done them in ages. I know that the Boot Camp one is different from this wo but I'm not so sure that Absolute Kickboxing is that much different from this wo. I know that AK doesn't have the med ball sections.
Old 06-15-09, 08:19 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
How is this one different from Cardio Combat? Are Kim's workouts different enough to justify having all of them??
I bought them both at the same time, on assurances from those enablers over at the YaYas that the workouts were different enough to justify having both. I haven't done Absolute Kickboxing yet, so I can't give you a good answer, but I do know that the BodyBar segment in AK is about 25 minutes, so it would challenge your upper body endurance more than Cardio Combat.

There's one odd thing about Cardio Combat though. Is it just me, or are Kimberly's roundhouse kicks more like side kicks? With roundhouse kicks, I'm always angled towards my target, but Kim looks like she's kicking out to the side.
Old 06-15-09, 09:14 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Well,Lucky, I see you and I are,once again, on the same page I just LOVE this workout! I use my 3 pound Amplifier and it works just great,wish it were a little longer,though

So,it seems like Absolute Kickboxing is a favorite of many who responded. So,if I am able to get down the choreography in Cardio Combat Surge (and it did take some practice,that's how "challaged" I am) will I be able to "get" the moves in Absolute Kickboxing??? How is this one different from Cardio Combat? Are Kim's workouts different enough to justify having all of them??

Thanks so much to all who have responded I definitely plan on buying (or try to trade for) more of Kim's workouts,just don't want to fall into the rut of buying the same workout over and over again (ala Leslie)

Judy
LOL Judy we really do love the same workouts, along with Lindsay!
I'm determined to break my habit of collecting EVERY workout an instructor creates. I keep telling myself it's okay to have just the best one or two! I've tried many of Kimberly's workouts and just really love this one the most. It's got everything!! I may repurchase Absolute Kickboxing (got rid of it some time ago; I think the length threw me) but I'll see. I also still have her Progressive Strength - mostly for the combat section... her combat routines!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 09:40 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
with Kimberly Spreen is quickly becoming my favorite workout This is the first CIA workout I have ever had (thanks to a very generous trade!!!) and I can definitely understand why so many rave about the CIA series,what an incredible value,truly worth the money!! the premixes, the great music and production,I see what the big deal is now

Judy
I agree! I have really liked every workout in this CIA series.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 02:32 AM  
juberann

Bumping up one of my threads here to say THANKS to all who recommended Km's Absolute Kickboxing workout!! LOVE,LOVE IT that's now 2 Kim workouts I love! I havn't done all the segments in AK yet but I am loving the kickboxing and body bar routines!! This one is a keeper for me Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, cardio combat surge, kimberly spreen, weighted bar