Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-09, 01:31 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
How does this compare to any of Jari Love's workouts?

Thanks!
I just did the first 22-minute one today. I definitely was reminded of Jari. As with most of Jari's workouts, I found that I never needed to go heavier than 8, or lighter than 5 lbs. Lots of reps, and variations for each set -- i.e., one set at half-time (count of two up, two down, for example); then one set at tempo, then one set with static hold, etc.

I loved the compound moves done lying on the back, LOL, so I could fool myself into thinking I was "resting." Actually, doing chest flies plus leg bicycles was pretty tough, yet fun.
Old 06-09-09, 01:42 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Thanks for the comparison. It sounds like this one would be most similar to Ripped to the Core. Does anyone agree or disagree?

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 02:27 PM  
violingal3

I haven't done Jari's Ripped to the Core since it first came out and traded it, so I can't make a fair comparison. I just couldn't deal with Jari's workouts in general (except for Ripped, which I loved!). I'm not a compound move fan, but I'm trying to give it a fair shot one more time. This workout and Angie's workout are the two compound move workouts I can get through without dread factor and have been warming up to!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 06:24 PM  
Irisg1

I haven't done any of Jari's workouts in a while. I also am not a fan of compound moves, however I just did Pure Pump yesterday, and I liked this much better than any of Jari's workouts. I like that many of her compound excercises target the abs at the same time. Something I don't remember getting with Jari's workouts. I also like Tonya Larson's personality much more. I found her very likeable. Jari's personality is a little too dull to hold my attention, although I have found her workouts to be effective.
Old 06-15-09, 12:12 AM  
juberann

I personally like Tanya WAY more then Jari. Yes, Jari's workouts are super effective but just something about her makes time absolutely drag for me I bought her newest recently,Extremely Ripped, and quickly traded it away, I just knew right away it wasn't for me.

I like Tanya's cuing and personality alot more and she makes compound moves tolerable for me (compound exercise is usually not my cup of tea)

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 01:03 PM  
mlmccauley

Which Angie Miller workout is everyone referring to? Thanks.
mlmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 02:14 PM  
fitmom24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmccauley View Post
Which Angie Miller workout is everyone referring to? Thanks.
Strength and Core Fusion, I believe. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...re-fusion-7969

Michelle
fitmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 02:16 PM  
mlmccauley

Thanks. That was my assumption. The only other one I found was the Kettlebell Bootcamp.
mlmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 02:54 PM  
mtnmom

I did both workouts yesterday, plus the ab section. I thought it was like a Strength and Core Fusion Lite. Tonya has a very calm and encouraging manner that I really liked. My only issue was that Tonya demonstrates with one set of dumbbells. I found I needed at least 3 sets to really challenge me. I'll have to do it a time or two more to figure out what poundage to use.

I look forward to doing it again.

Tags
pure pump, tonya larson