Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-09, 10:20 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

What do folks think about the new CIA 2900 series?

I did CIA 2901 - Amy's Kickbox Surge this AM and loved it!

Amy and the crew seemed relaxed, were having fun and sweating a lot. The music was great - contemporary pop remixes and the combos were a bit complex but not overly so. I was easily able to keep it low impact. Big thumbs up from me! The med ball workout looked like fun as well, but I saved that one for another day.

Hardcore Kickbox Extreme is one of my favorites, and I think this one will be as well.
Old 04-25-09, 10:25 AM  
pharma_gal

Hi Sharon-Would you say this one is more like Kickbox Extreme or In the Ring. KBX is my all-time fav workouts but for some reason I did not click with ITR.
I only ordered Amy's workouts but I really really want Seasun's and Tonya's too. Not sure where to order from Mary or Jen? thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 10:30 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Pharma Gal -- I'd say this is more like Kickbox Xtreme. I didn't click with In the Ring either.
Old 04-25-09, 02:57 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

The med ball workout? Do you mean Kimberly's?
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 08:37 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
The med ball workout? Do you mean Kimberly's?
Could be wrong but I think Sharon was talking about the med ball core refining section of Amy's Kickbox Surge.

I did Kickbox Surge in its entirety last night and I really liked it. It has the best music of any DVD I own (and I own plenty!!) I'd say the choreography is not as complex as KBX (at least for me) but I think it's more like KBX than Rumble or ITR in terms of the choreography. The surges were fun and challenging. I had to rewind the workout a bit so that I could master each move. I can't wait to do this again now that I know what to expect.

I really want Seasun's workout, so I can't wait to hear feedback on it!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 09:03 AM  
cmiyachi

I did Seasun's workout yesterday - it's very complex choreography. I wasn't able to get it all but...I think I will get it the second time. She is an excellent cue-er (sp?). Music is great and the core section is similar (but with new moves) as her bosu workout - some plank stuff, some on-the-back moves.

She does have a modify in the group the shows the less complex variations and that really helps.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 12:04 PM  
cardio.junkie

I also loved Amy's!!! I haven't sweated that much in a long time!!! WOO-HOO!
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 01:36 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I did Amy's this morning and I modified for the first surge because I'm getting old and I just hate moves like that. I really liked all the surges after that. My HR was still good enough. This was a fun, sweaty workout that moved quickly. I liked that the main cardio segment was only 49 minutes long, so with the warm-up, it was an hour. Moves come at you quickly but aren't as complicated as they seem once you do them a couple of times. Great mix of punches and kicks. I wore weighted gloves and it made it high intensity but not anaerobic.

Did the first half of Seasun's yesterday. Got the first combo no problem, had a little trouble at the end of the second. I didn't want to take on the whole thing at once, but I think once I get it all down, it'll be a tougher workout. There is a premix with all the finished combos that could be the next Step Blast Challenge!

I should add that I haven't ordered CIAs in years, and they are markedly improved.

Donna K
DHKWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 02:11 PM  
gigi

I did the Surge Premix from Amy's Kickbox Surge and it was tough. I also loved the med ball core section. I have not done the rest of the workout yet, but I can't wait to give it a try. I plan on learning one combo at a time after or before my regular workout. I think Amy's workouts get better and better. The music is rockin, the choreography is interesting, the surges are tough, and I'm going to love this as much as I love ITR (I'm so surprised by how many people don't like ITR...it's one of my FAVES!!!) I have to say that I agree with another poster who posted on Amy's forum, this may be her best yet! Amy knows how to bring fun into a kick butt workout!
Old 04-29-09, 04:33 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I did the Surge Premix from Amy's Kickbox Surge and it was tough. I also loved the med ball core section. I have not done the rest of the workout yet, but I can't wait to give it a try. I plan on learning one combo at a time after or before my regular workout. I think Amy's workouts get better and better. The music is rockin, the choreography is interesting, the surges are tough, and I'm going to love this as much as I love ITR (I'm so surprised by how many people don't like ITR...it's one of my FAVES!!!) I have to say that I agree with another poster who posted on Amy's forum, this may be her best yet! Amy knows how to bring fun into a kick butt workout!
Is that just the surges? Wow, I'll bet that was tough! I loved this workout, it's definitely her best kickbox workout ever, and up there as one of the best overall. I had trouble with that last surge, and a bit of trouble with the last combo, but other than that, it was easy to learn. When I previewed it, it looked a bit repetitive and I was afraid it might get a bit boring, but it didn't. I loved it.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, amy bento, cia, kimberly spreen, reviews, seasun zieger, tonya larson