Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-21, 08:49 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - Don't Live the Same Year 75 Times and Call It a Life. 1/24

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 08:53 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I must have slept 8.5 - 9 hours last night. It felt soooo good. Today is mainly picking up lunch and taking it to Mom and Dad's.

Paula - It's great you got rain. I hope it happens again soon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-24-21, 09:21 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura!

I'll be going out to shovel snow this morning, then hopefully a walk with Gus afterwards. I will try to get my snowblower started and going for the driveway and sidewalk - it's about 5" out there - at least this is light and fluffy snow. Other than that putzing around the house.

Laura, one of my projects this year is to declutter and donate away several things - getting rid of some change that has sat in a tray on my countertop is a score! I'm also populating some of the neighborhood library boxes with books. Enjoy your lunch with your parents!

Paula, Yay for a rainy night! It started snowing when I was driving home with Gus after the walk - good timing! I didn't have a lot of change, just pocket stuff from my trip to Chile 9 years ago - banks only exchange paper money, not coins. I should have given it to my friends staying with me as they're moving back to Chile, but blanked out on it. Hope the kid enjoys the change!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 09:00 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot.

Today was grocery day so we were glad the rain didn't start up again until after we got home with our loot. Meanwhile before the rain started again we got a glimpse or two of the moutains around us, it snowed at the higher elevations so some had snow caps, which is always beautiful.

Laura, thanks for getting us started - another good (true) theme. Yay for a good, deep, nights sleep, almost nothing better (at our age anyway). Hope you had a relaxed day with your folks.

Anita, hope the snowblower worked - you had it repaired recently, didn't you? More rain today and mayber tomorrow too.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:16 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yay! The snowblower worked yesterday! Still did plenty of shoveling on my back deck, but the driveway got done lots faster with the machine!

Today I'm planning on a walk with Gus, putzing around the house, card game this evening online, and watching some TV. I am almost done with a book I've been working on finishing for about two weeks! I'll need to do a drop off of books to various neighborhood library boxes.

Paula, I could do a grocery run also today, but more likely to hold off till tomorrow. Do you ever go up the mountains to enjoy the snow - skiing? snowshoeing? Hiking on plowed areas?

Laura, I'm jealous of your wonderful sleep yesterday - i was tired, but no sleep for most of the night .

Anita
Old 01-25-21, 07:11 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Well, I made up for my good night's sleep last night. It was a hard night with sleepless stretches, but in the end I got enough to be okay. We really, really needed groceries today, so I went. It was a miserable rainy day and DH had a bad fibro day. So, I went to the grocery store and got the most necessary stuff and eliminating anything that was quasi heavy. A manager at the store loaded the groceries in the trunk and DH unloaded it and put it all away. I rested a while and then we went and got our hair cut. We were supposed to get them the day after my surgery and postponed it until today. My hair was on the line between ridiculously thick and being totally out of control, so it was nice to get it done. I'm tired tonight, but don't feel like I totally overdid it.

Anita - Yay o the snowblower! Even light snow seems like a lot after a while, especially when you have a driveway. I hope you sleep better tonight.

Paula - It was somewhere between mist and rain all day. It was a miserable day today and it's supposed to rain the next two days as well. We probably need it, so I can't complain too much. It's nice the rain held off there.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-25-21, 09:15 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 - Push (strength) followed by Yoga with Kassandra Cool Down.

It was a blustery day today, DH had to clean leaves and dirt off our entry a couple times. We did a little shopping but mostly stayed home. We were encouraged to hear the Gov has lifted some of the state wide restrictions making them by county now. So patio dining, gyms, nail and hair salons will be re-opening in some counties depending upon their COVID hospitalization numbers. New cases and hospitalizations and ICU occupancy rates is what drives the restrictions by county. My county is doing pretty well so I am hoping some things will reopen and I'll be able to get a haircut and pedicure soon.

Anita, glad the repair on snowblower was successful and it worked for you. We used to go to the mountains to sled, and hike in the winter. Since we got older we mostly fly into the mountains, look at the snow, eat in a restaurant and fly home (since COVID we don't even do that). We are planning to fly along the mountains and enjoy the view one day this week. It's been snowing in the mountains while it was raining here. DH will choose a day this week when the weather looks good (no turblence). We'll enjoy the mountains and snow out the window with the heater on.

Laura, hope you didn't overdo today. I guess the hair salons are still open where you are. At least the rain held off until you got home. Hope you sleep better tonight.
Old 01-26-21, 08:22 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. It's another gray, dreary, miserable rainy day here today. After watching the news this morning, at least it's not snow or tornadoes, so I won't complain too much.

I have a friend from church who makes quilts. She has been making lots of things during the quarantine and she has a couple of quilts, a queen and a twin, that weren't allocated. Last week, she called me and asked if there was someone in the church who might know people who could use them and I found someone who said they could distribute them. She's in her upper 70s,doesn't drive, and her son who usually drives her places is out of town. So this afternoon, I'll pick her up and we'll take the quilts to the church office. I gave her the option of me dropping her back off or going to the library with me to drop off and pick up books. She said she'd go with me. I think she's looking forward to being out of her place for a while today.

Other than that, I don't have much on the agenda. I continue moving craft stuff out of my office and categorizing it in the dining room, and I may do some of that. Other than that, I'll rest today. I feel a little tired after yesterday, but not too bad.

Paula - I thought of you when we heard about the lifting of restrictions there on the news last night. I hope your area gives more freedom quickly. They haven't applied new restrictions here in quite a while.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-26-21, 09:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

We're lucking out a bit in that snow blizzard is passing south of us - nothing up here! I'll need to do a grocery run today - shouldn't be a problem. I'll also be walking Gus - nice that the park I take him to has enough foot traffic that the dirt trails are nicely packed down as snow trails. I think this is the first year I've continued on those routes through the parks, instead of just using plowed paths. Gus sure loves it! I'm hoping to finish the book I'm reading also today - yay!

Laura, nice that you were able to get help lifting groceries - how much longer are you limited? Nice that you were able to help the lady find a home for her quilts. Good job on the decluttering also! I'm working on that with books right now - I'm planning on putting several in the neighborhood library houses outside on the curb. Yay on getting your haircut also!

Paula, glad you were able to handle the bad weather out there - hopefully it rains there gently. Our Covid numbers are slowly going down, but now there's a new variant also, so hope that doesn't take root here - sounds worse than before. My haircutter has been open now, just one customer in at a time and masked. This place was pretty much a one at a time studio, so no big difference there - just needing to wait outside a locked door to be let in.

Anita
Old 01-26-21, 09:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

We went to the boat today to check on the boat after the storms. It was fine and we got out of the house for the day.

Laura, glad you're feeling well enough to drive this woman around in the bad weather. Sweet of you to take the woman to the library with you. I'm sure she did want to get out for a while - we all do. Yes, some of the restrictions in CA have been lifted. We haven't noticed anything opening up yet, but we're looking forward to patio dining. Hopefully things are looking up. Still in the virtual waiting room for the vaccine.

Anita, Glad the trails are open enough you and Gus can still enjoy them. I've been trying to declutter some too. Our shelf where we put stuff to donate is full right now so we need to box it all up and deliver it. My haircutter is still closed, the nail salon where I like to get pedicures is also closed. The lifting restrictions is for outside activities so I don't think the gyms, hair salons, and nail salons will open for a while yet.