Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-21, 09:02 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I worked alone with the bats yesterday, but enough had graduated to kennels that I finished everything in our 4 hours - just 8 aquariums with hand feeding left (about 45 kennels) - some had two bats per container, so overall there were about 70 bats in there. So happy things worked out there!

Today I'll plan on walking Gus before the snows start this afternoon - we're expecting about 5" of snow overnight. I might watch some Babylon 5 shows tonight - Mira Furlan, one of my favorite actors, died 1/20 - she was 65. Otherwise putzing around - a kid in our neighborhood is collecting foreign change so I'll be bringing him some Chilean change today.

Laura, glad you had a nice relaxing day to heal some more .

Paula, Wish I could scratch and sniff your baking from your description . I hope you get some good rains there in CA. Is there enough fire damage to vegetation that rain on hills will wash off dirt? I hope not.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 09:16 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a beautiful day - if you're inside looking out. It got cold here overnight. It should be a normal Saturday with an afternoon training session and church. Tomorrow, we're going to pick up Chinese food and take it to Mom and Dad's. And, lesson from Thursday, that's ALL I'll do tomorrow.

Anita - It's good that feeding the bats worked out so well. It's nice you can donate change to the kid and it's not one a lot of people would have available. Have a good evening of watching TV.

Paula - Oatmeal maple rolls. Hope they were good. It's aggravating when rain doesn't fall in your area That's happened here - it rained everywhere around us, but we didn't get any. Hope that trend breaks soon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 10:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's body Shaping Day 12 Cardio/Tone followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Day 23.

Another lazy day around the house. I sewed and made a loaf of sourdough bread.

Laura, funny you should mention rain yesterday. Last night we were reading in bed when the sky opened up and it began to pour! It's been raining on and off since, which is nice as we really need it. Plus I don't have to water the plants. As you said, a beautiful day if you're inside looking out. Sounds like a good plan for tomorrow, don't overdo, just pick up something yummy and relax with family. Oatmeal maple rolls, you don't actually taste the maple, it just helps the dough rise and adds a subtle something.

Anita, it's a good thing the bats are learning to eat on their own and you have fewer to feed. As for the rain causing mud slides where there were fires - yeah it does sometimes. Hope you and Gus got your walk in before it snowed. I wish I could donate some foreign change, I have some from Mexico and Canada (but I suspect Canadian currency isn't wanted).
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote