Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-21, 03:10 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding & 15 min gliding - felt the need to move while I watched my Essentrics level 4 video with Miranda
~BellyFit: Moon Warrior - cardio only - I really didn’t enjoy this one, some moves felt awkward and it kinda fell flat.
~Body Groove: Bootylicious
~Hatha Yoga class - live stream on Vimeo from one of my fave studios in the city
~Elemental Koshi Chimes 10 minute relaxation (youtube)

I got in a lot of indoor cardio as it poured rain all day & that makes me restless. Tomorrow should be better and hopefully I’ll get a walk in.

Carolyn - I am also curious about Jessica’s new set. I’ve held off on buying her new Yoga & Pilates ones until I see what this new set is all about.

Cyana - I believe we are of the same vintage. I will always love 70s music & Layla is such a classic!

Pat - Nice combo of workouts, yoga, & meditation!

Beth - I’m attracted to the koshi chimes right now for some reason. There are lots on IT.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 09:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

OMG I was so fatigued yesterday, it mostly began in the afternoon. My doctor is playing around with my thyroid meds so that may be part of it. In spite of it, I accomplished:

~ LWR 7 Minute Walk/4 Minute Glutes
~ LWR 8 Minute Fast Pace Walk (Advent Days 22 and 23)
~ Koya Webb, "Mindful Movement" yoga and meditation
~ Just over 7,000 steps

I really didn't want to do any form of yoga or movement last night, but recalled the Koya Webb class in my playlist. What a gem!!! The 30 minute practice began with stress relieving breath work, then eye yoga. A short series of seated poses to unkink the neck, shoulders and side body follows, then 10 minutes of a beautiful guided meditation. She has a beautiful presence!

This practice is on Glo, but Koya Webb also has a Youtube channel too if anyone want to check her out.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 09:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam, is Moon Warrior on the latest Bellyfit series? I am amazed at all the yoga and other movement you accomplished yesterday.

Carolyn I love your doing a boxing workout on Boxing Day. I'm also on a break from Kundalini as I'm sure you noticed. Hopefully I will feel the KY bug again soon.

Beth, I'll have to check out the Ten Percent Happier challenge on IT.

Well that project is rearing it's head again at work - new phase for me to figure out. Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday.
Old 01-06-21, 10:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Staying Strong Stretch
Essentrics

Yesterday was a planned rest day.

Pam, you do an impressive number of workouts each day.

Carolyn, what a great idea to do a boxing workout on Boxing Day!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 01:57 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Jessica’s WO 21 Day: 30 min Cardio Core
~Barre3: 10 min Upper Body with Lindsay
~Jessica’s Yoga Fusion Fix: Yoga for Stress Release & Relaxation
~YogiBethC: Mindfulness Meditation, Guided Visualization with Mountain - very nice Beth!

Pat - Moon Warrior is episode 11 of BellyFit TV season 2, the ones with the stark white set. I’ve been working my way through them and enjoying them in spite of the bland set. I didn’t enjoy this one though. The new zoom live series started yesterday but I didn’t do it live as I was teaching. The video is supposed to be up on the website but it’s not there yet. I hope there isn’t a big delay like we saw with season 2.

Paine & Pat - Yes I do get a lot of movement in, I get restless these days with being so Covid limited, and I do have the luxury of retirement. Movement keeps me sane!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 09:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yesterday featured:

~ LWR 11 Minute Low Impact Cardio Workout - the Winter Wonderland workout again. And I finished the Advent Calendar!!!!

~ Tias Little, "From Anxiety to Ease" meditation.

Also got exactly 6,500 steps - another "sign?"

Pam, thank you for the feedback on where you are with Bellyfit. Now that I have finished LWR's challenge perhaps I plan to incorporate more of my BFs. I want to start all over with Earth - but shortening as needed. I have to convince myself there's no need to do the full hour.

Hello everyone. Wicked tired today and am sucked into another vacuum at work.
Old 01-07-21, 10:42 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Alo Yoga: 30-Minute Yoga Basics For Beginners With Calvin Corzine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPX4...hannel=AloYoga
YouTube, Yoga With Bird: 15 Minute Morning Yoga for Tension Relief
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfvdba-fB5w

I'm still thinking about Sherry when I do Yoga With Bird.

Pat, congrats on finishing the Advent Calendar!
Old 01-07-21, 05:52 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Beth's Exploring the 8 Pillars of JOY | JOY Meditation | The Book of Joy |YogiBethC - Learn to Meditate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzdB...nnel=YogiBethC

I really liked Beth's Joy Meditation and found it calming--thank you Beth!. One part I had difficulty with was I was unable to find something humorous about the problem I was thinking about.

Edit to add: Beth, did you like The Book of Joy? Did you review it on Amazon?
Old 01-07-21, 07:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, yes, I liked The Book of Joy very much (and I did review it). One of the things that shines through the book the most is the sense of humor of the two men! The mostly poke fun of themselves and each other (e.g., the Dalai Lama's broken English, the Archbishop's big nose). I agree that approaching situations with humor can be tough, although I think it's one of my own main coping strategies. You might have to shift your thinking around how you do it--for example, if your problem was that you were worried about your deathly ill friend, you could think of a laugh you shared with that friend in the past, a funny quirk of that friend, etc. It could be anything that brings a smile to your face.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 07:23 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, thanks for the tip! I will go search for your review. My library has this book on wait list so I'll get put on that list.

Edit: Beth, I found your helpful review!