Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-21, 04:37 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, another winter weekend down. My Hub and I went into Mtl and took a walk with our son on Saturday. We did 7 k. Then yesterday, we did about an hour. PP- My DH is an exerciser (elliptical machine, push-ups, sit-ups etc). Just not really one who enjoyed walking.

Today, my foot is a bit sore so I decided not to walk. I did ABS diet2 workout with Terry Simpson, and about 10 minutes of Floor Burn with Susan Harris before Joni-Oing that thing.

SB- You sound like you're feeling a bit better, and gradually getting back to an exercise routine. We too are luckier with the winter temperatures this year. Long may it last, I say!

PP- DD got out of Q about 10 days before Xmas, then stayed with us for a few weeks. As for compost, I don't use it in the garden either. Here, we all have outdoor critter-proof bins for all three garbages and the town hauls it away. I didn't compost before that because of the raccoons. Glad to hear that things are not so bad for your husband's shifts.
Old 01-11-21, 09:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

39 minute outdoor walk

It was so nice out yesterday and I really enjoyed my walk. I am planning another one for today and maybe more.

NORA, great walks this weekend. Sorry about the foot. Is that the one that's bothered you in the past? Sounds like your hubby keeps fit which is a good thing.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 06:40 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I pulled out the old Cindy Crawford workout with Radu and did wkout #1.

SB-yes, it's the same old foot problem that will never go away, but gets better and worse. I'm not going to walk for a couple of days.
Old 01-12-21, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

38 minute outdoor walk

It was one of those gray damp days but I went for it. Felt good. I am planning another walk today and one of these days I'll do weights or pilates too. My DS came over after work and we finally took down all the outside and inside Christmas decorations. DH had put them up right after Thanksgiving and he went all out this year even more so than usual. It was a very emotional night for us especially DD.

NORA, I hope your foot feels better very soon so you can resume your walking.

Old 01-12-21, 04:07 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- taking down the Xmas decorations is always a bit of a downer at best and a chore for sure... even at the best of times. I'm glad your family is there to cope with you, though. Nice walk for a gray day.

Today, I did Perfect 10 w Paul Katami. That is one of my fave weight workouts these days. Calm guy, no repetition of exercises, no compound moves, not overly long. Yup, I like it.

My foot is still not walk-ready. I need to phone the doc for another cortisone shot I think.
Old 01-13-21, 09:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I'm not sure if I'll walk today. I'm going to lunch at my sister's and probably spend a few hours with her so I'll see how the day goes.

NORA, well at least you're getting some weight work done while you're waiting on the foot to improve. I hope the shot can help. I'm sorry I can't remember if you got a definitive diagnosis. I'm sure I asked you before but I can't recall.

Old 01-13-21, 04:39 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I decided to do Workout#2 of the Cindy Crawford DVD. I'm still limping around, so no walkies!

SB-My foot problem is called Morton's Neuroma. It is a thickening of tissue on the nerve in my food between the 3rd and 4th toe. Hurts a lot when it is flaring up. I hope you had a good time with your sister.
Old 01-13-21, 07:25 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I didn't sleep well last night so even after taking a 45m nap this afternoon, I put off my workout and only did a 2m walk with UTTB Fitness 2021 2m . this is also going to be my last Walking Wednesday. Hubby now has Tuesday Wed, and Thursday off, so my workout days are changing too. I had to redo my chores schedule but basically I just moved everything over two days

We had a little snow on Monday. Not enough to stick to the roads but it looked pretty in the trees and sky as it was falling. It was all gone by the next morning. We braved the snow to go to the library, I was all covered head to toe, plus a mask, I told the lady if she can find some exposed skin she could take my temp! she laughed. :P

SB, glad to hear you had a nice visit and that "The Kids" are living in a nice place. Proud of you for walking anyway in the yucky weather. Sorry to hear about the emotional time with the decorations.

Nora, Good for your Hubby, I wish mine would follow his example! thanks for the info on the composting and critter proof bins. When we first got recycling bins they were open top baskets about the size of a laundry basket. Later we got plastic 'garbage cans' with rollers and the flip top lids. much better. Sorry to hear about the need for a shot, Yuck!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workouts to report. I spent most of the afternoon at my sister's. We had a really good time talking and even some laughing.
I do plan on walking today and maybe, maybe something else too.

NORA, oh yes, I have heard of Morton's Neuroma. I sure hope the flare up doesn't last too long.

PENGUIN, nothing wrong with a 2 mile walk on a low energy day.

Old 01-14-21, 07:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I got a good nights sleep but still don't feel like I have any energy. I did Gymra's 20m cardio Barre workout followed by Rick Bhullar's 5000step workout.

My parents were able to get the first Corona vaccine shot on Wednesday. He told me they had to wait in the parking lot for 15m to see if there were any reactions. Not really inspiring confidence, that, but I guess its the same for any shot.

I use the pedometer on my phone, I spent about 2hours in the sewing room the other days, sewing, pressing, arranging, re-arranging, more sewing. I checked my steps before and after and I took about 50. I know my phone doesn't pick up every step, trust me, I've done tests , but that was a revelation! I think of myself as up and doing things while I'm sewing but apparently not.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote