Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-23-21, 09:42 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Thanks for coming back to join me, ladies! Of course, I knew you were out there working out, just not checking in every day. It's rare that I check in every day, so it was weird being the only one here.

1/22 - dog walk
Bellicon's Cardio Speed Drills w/ Sarah and Strengthening Posture w/ Fayth
part of a Leslie to get the rest of my steps
a meditation with Adriene, don't remember which one.

Pam - consistency is your middle name!
Cleda - are you sure you don't want to add yoga to your list of Peloton workouts?

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 06:04 PM  
Helen

SORRY LILI!!!
When did I last post?!? It was Tuesday.
* pauses to look up log for what I've done *

Wed., 20th Jan.
33min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge - Day 04
60min, SLOW dog walks, x3
quite a bit of weeding - the hard to get kind in amongst the brick pavers
stayed up VERY late (to 5am) to catch the inauguration

Thu. 21st Jan.
slept in, very late
more weeding of the bricks & dog walks
house stuff, as DH home this night
39min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge - Day 05

Fri., 22nd Jan.
early getup for MRI / CT
out to dinner at fancy place (Christmas thing for DH)
35min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge - Day 06
60min, dog walk
no buddy, never on a Friday

I'm in the 'school goes back soon' mode of preparations for the initial few weeks of lessons. So a bit busy.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 02:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 23:
~7 km trail walk, we met some people on horseback along the way, a lovely treat.
~Long reclined & seated stretch....forward bends, hip openers, twists, & finished with a long yin chest opener using a bolster
~Insight Timer: Mountain Visualization

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 07:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday check in

And then I'll get my day started. . .

Lili: That would be a BIG FAT NO ... every time I see YOGA on the schedule for my strength challenge I cringe. I will do the restorative (some times) when it calls for it ... Oh crud muffins! it's on today's docket. Anyway .... It does give me exposure. I do know the importance of stretching and of mobility stuff ... so I'll stick with that thank you very much. (and yes! I know you were teasing!) I could probably go back to posts 20 years ago and my feelings were much the same. I don't even mind SOME of the beginner pilates. But anyway!!!!!

Helen: Make sure you let us know the results of your MRI (I know you will!) although with school going back, you'll be super busy again.

Pam: I read your stretching and hip openers and yoga stuff and go ahhhhhhhhh then see above paragraph to Lili! You can do it for both of us !!!

Waves to all!!!!

me, me and all me:

1/23/2021: Row 45 minutes (Sweat session**), core 10 mins w/Andy Speer, 20 mins. Full Body Strength w/Adrian, 60 mins. Power zone Ride with Christine - 90s theme, Post Ride Stretch

**Hydrow (Did I explain this? If so, just skip this paragraph) breaks their workouts down to 3 main types: Breathe (goes along at a nice jogging pace, just more of endurance), Sweat (which is intervals and the strokes per minute go much higher) and Drive (which is like a "max" class). To be honest? I don't now if I've ever even done a DRIVE class. i will have to go back and look. I'm probably ready now.

I think I've mentioned this before too, but I think I've outgrown Christine. She was wonderful for me in the beginning, but now? Not so much. I've fallen out of love with her. Which is sad to me. Her music was all from the 90s and I only knew MAYBE three songs. It was a Power Zone workout and I'm used to Matt talking all about zones and the FTP test, but not CDE. (Kinda made me think of Lili's comment about infomercials. lol ... And not to worry Lili! it would have bugged me even before your comment. ) So, I'm moving on. . . The ride was boring and dragged on and on and on. With so many GREAT rides and workouts to do, I don't need to do ones I dont' like. Then I wondered if I'm spoiled because now I "stack" them? And my attention span might not be longer than 20-30 mins. But no. I don't think that's the case. I'll have to watch that.

Stacking on Peloton is great. But I didn't achieve all that I wanted to this week. I'm going to probably have to let some Ally ride goes. I don't know what happened. I didn't plan well enough? I belong to too many challenges? I just don't know. I am ending today with meeting Nancy for Sundays With Love (which you all know is my Happy place!) .... so I won't give that up, but if I went by my schedules I still have 4 Ally Rides to get in and one 45 minute Power Zone Ride and an Extra Credit. . . I should just let it go. . . Print out week 2 of PZ and move on. We'll see what today and tomorrow's workouts bring. I mean, it's NOT Like I've not been working out! and I have gotten in the strength. So that's a bonus.

Oh and that reminds me. I went to find Bellicon HOME on my Roku Express. I know I would have better access to it, easier to use, no lag, etc. and all I find is Bellicon Live, which is a different platform. So sad. I probably will give up the subscription when it comes due. I' may write to them and see if they have any other suggestions for streaming it to my tv. Now that I have Peloton on there and Youtube, well? It's just so much better and so much more convenient.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:38 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Yeah! Everyone is BACK!!!
Helen - good luck with the MRI, hoping it gives conclusive answers. I can't believe you staid up so late to watch our inauguration! What a trooper! I will admit that the speeches the night before, along with lighting the 400 lights along the Reflecting Pool in honor of the victims of Covid-19 brought me to tears. What a wonderful tribute. Seeing the joy on Camela's face when she took the oath of office, amazing. We needed this change. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
Pam - glad you enjoyed your hike with the horses.
Cleda - I'm not a fan of Pilates, even though I keep trying it and I know it's good for you. That's why we have choices. And with all of the streaming options, we have tons of choices! GHU finally sent me a discount offer and I jumped on it!

1/26 - dog walk
30 Min. Rock Walk w/ Selena on the treadmill
Day 21 from Yoga w/ Adriene's current 30 Day Challenge (even though I've only done Day 1 before this).
some rebounding to get the rest of my steps in for the day

No steps needed today, so I'll see what happens!

Old 01-24-21, 06:32 PM  
Helen

Sat., 23rd Jan.
15min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge - Day 7
20min dog walk (91F)

Sun., 24th Jan.
38min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge - Day 8
even hotter - 95F
90min dog walk - sounds weird...
DROVE to the dog beach on dusk, played there, then walked along the breakwall as the sun set (ocean breeze) to dry them off. (With buddy, her dog, her mum, her husband)

So morning yoga still happening, first thing after coffee, before gym gets too hot, then into A/C & desk for prepping back-to-school.

Feeling cooler today (Monday) though.

LILI
Can you imagine the threads that would have been shut down over the past 5 years had politics been fully allowed? Still following with interest, though it'll be good for the U.S. when it stops being 'interesting'.
__ With you on Pilates.

Oops - I'm sidetracked. DH is out & I'm supposed to be taking the opportunity to record video lessons. Will pop back to finish later.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 02:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 24:
~Body Groove 30 min
~BellyFit Zoom series: Dark Night - cardio only, about 35 min
~Essentrics TV: 30 min Full Body with Jenny Bertrand
~Kim Eng’s Yin Yoga
~Insight Timer: Lotus Pond Guided Meditation

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-25-21, 06:54 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Lili: Make sure you post the workouts you do from GHU tv. I'm so glad they finally sent you an offer! I keep frogetting I have it.

Helen: Since you posted that pic on FB (is that the wall?) Where I said, "Alice Don't jump." I can now picture it. I like that.

Pam: Consistent as always.

Me, me and all me and gotta go pack lunch and do some sort of workout. Time's a wastin'.

1/24/2021: Ally's 20 mins. 70s ride (to warm up), 10 mins. core with Alex T., 20 mins. Core strength with Matty M., 30 minutes Sundays With Love (Joyfulness was the virtue), 30 mins. Pitbull Ride, 5 minutes Post ride stretch.

I LOVE my Sundays with Love. I need them in my life. Nancy didn't make it, but I have a couple of other regulars I ride with that I followed back in the early days (my first Pelofondo). I just need the parables, the messages, the everything. I really enjoy my SWL. But you guys know that. They just make me happy.

The Pitbull Ride? I never would have done this on my own. EVER. It's part of the challenge (ally love New year/new Mix) and I'm glad they put it in there. Aside from earning 2 more badges (tee-hee). I really, really liked it. I don't care for Pitbull. I think all of his music sounds THE SAME! So the thought of 30 mins. to all the same music? Well, nope. not my style. HOWEVER ... I gotta say ... the driving beat, Ally's chatting? And mostly rolling hills (my style of riding).??? I LOVED IT .. I will be going back to do it again. Blow me over with a feather. Who would have thought????

Ok, gotta go pack lunch and get ready for work and some sort of workout.
Make it a great day.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 03:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 25:
~8 km trail walk with DH & a friend
~Hatha yoga class on zoom
~Insight Timer: Healing Meadow guided meditation

It’s been trying to snow, but it’s not quite cold enough to stick. It was chilly & drizzly on our walk, but it felt good to get outside! We didn’t get out yesterday as it rained steadily all day.

Cleda - When I had a WOW subscription I remember doing an “Ode to Pitbull” walking workout. Can’t say his music did anything for me.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-26-21, 10:59 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I thought I posted Sunday's workout, but when I looked back, I realize that I put the wrong date on my last post - it was actually 1/23!

1/24 - dog walk and Beginner Flow Yoga w/ Denis Morton.
1/25 - 1 Mile Power Walk - GHU
1 Mile Rocky Style - Leslie
3 Miles and cool down from 6 Mile Mix - Jessica
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief
dog walk
This is the first time I've done DVDs in a while! I should do more.

Pam - good for you for getting out, even in the drizzle. That's what we're having today instead of snow. I'd prefer the snow, but I don't have to be anywhere.
Waves to Helen & Cleda!