Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-21, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday, so, here's my check in for yesterday, and today, so far:

Saturday -

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series Day 23 - this was a cardio & tone program.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath Day 12 - Drop - short and sweet

Sunday -

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 24 - Cardio Plus Standing abs - it was six circuits of walking, low impact cardio, standing abs - each done for one minute.

Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates - Floor Routine - this was from her new DVD. While it wasn't "rough" it also wasn't totally gentle either. It is not for a Pilates or Yoga newbie. And, while not killer, it was definitely a solid intermediate workout for me. I enjoyed the scenery and the music and Jessica. I will have to do the standing series next time.

Summer Breeze - how is your DD feeling? I ended up getting the anti-virals about a week to 10 days after my symptoms started and I was ok. I also thought it was an allergy or some other type of reaction and in fact went to three dr.'s before they figured it out. But, in their defense, I did not have the tell tale rash right away - it was more of an irritation and mine was near my eye- but thankfully not in my eye -so my eye was tearing and I couldn't figure out why.

Christina - nice workouts!!!

Rose - I hope you feel better, it is very frustrating dealing w/ injuries...

Pat - I'm glad you saw your grandneice!! I need to use my BellyFits more as well....and yes, about stress. I worked for a boss once that was a nightmare - I had canker sores all the time - I'm sure from stress.

DD and I skipped walking yesterday due to the wind and cold but I think today will be better so we will probably go today.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Sunday!

I made myself get the grocery shopping done yesterday, even though I almost got blown away in the parking lot. Wow it was windy. We are going to the gym in a little while, at least for a short period.

Yesterday I really enjoyed Jane Fonda's Firm & Burn, the warm ups, Latin routine and cool down. Followed by my own yoga routine for spine and hips plus inversion table.

Rose, I'm sorry to hear you are having pain. I did not know about the 20 minute classes by other Bellyfit instructors. Hmm.

Summer Breeze I am impressed that you got out for a walk yesterday. Good for you! I'm happy for your DD that she is progressing.

Christina, do you do the ETV or use Classical Stretch season DVDs?

Donna, you have a great day too!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 03:06 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

GypsyRose, ballet, or barre workouts often trigger my piriformis muscle (a muscle that lies deep beneath the gluteals), mimicking sciatica. I'm glad you're working with a professional to heal your injury.

I love walking our two dogs, but Metro Detroit's weather is cold and snowy, which triggers my fibro, but I have a beautiful view of the snow-covered trees from my bedroom window.

Today's Planned Workout with my Daughter:
* CS5 1025
* The first workout in Margaret's 1900 Series

I'll let you know how we do. I love working out with my teen daughter, Angelina!

Ciao,
Christina
Old 01-24-21, 03:12 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Pat58,

I exercise with CS DVDs and EssentricsTV. I'm also trying Ellen Barrett's streaming videos for a month, which is relatively inexpensive. I cut many subscriptions from my monthly budget to explore streaming workouts.

Christina
Old 01-24-21, 09:22 PM  
Rose

Hello!
Today:
Day 6 Booty Burner Program (silly name)
Margaret Richard's Getting Better Upper Body

Pat Oh, nice that you are back at the gym after taking off the first few weeks in January. Did you do the Shakti Warrior Dance from DailyOm with Alice Bracegirdle?

Donna Pahla has such a good variety of walking workouts. You inspired me to do the one with standing abs tomorrow.

Christina Classical Stretch & Margaret go so well together. Extra bonus for working out with your daughter. Both instructors are good with form so your daughter will learn exercise from some of the best!

Summer Breeze Glad DD is doing well. Have you seen your sister recently? You two seem to have such nice visits. \ Yes, fresh air from walking lifts the spirits.

I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon DD and I dragged ourselves out of our laziness and went for our walk. I then came home and stretched out w/ Ellen's Affirmative Flow (basically a short yoga fusion) and ePilates 21 Day challenge - Day 6 - yoga session which was very good post walk as there were a lot of hip stretches.

Today, I was in the mood for some more zen w/ Ellen so I did:

Ellen - Power 15
Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat Day 1 - Posture - this was a nice gentle routine
Yoga w/ Kassandra -10 Min Morning Yoga for Flexibility

I will squeeze Pahla's workout in later today - it is only 20 minutes. And, I'm determined to finish this rotation!!!

Rose - nice workouts!! Pahla does have some nice walking routines....I also did not know about the 20 min BellyFit

Christina - my DD is 17, how old is your DD? Mine doesn't do videos with me but we do walk regularly - at least one long walk per week. And, I love the combo of CS and Margaret!

Summer Breeze and Pat - waves are you guys due for some ice/snow in the next few days. we're supposed to get something here tonight....hopefully it will no be bad and I hope they cancel my DD's riding lesson - otherwise I will feel compelled to do w/ her - since she is a new driver and I will be totally freaked out about her driving in ice/snow in the dark...

Hope everyone has a good "Moan" day!

Donna
Old 01-25-21, 09:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ Gym workout with 15 each recumbent bike and treadmill, plus weight machines totaling an hour.
~ I am going through Lee Holden's Tao Yin series 1 again on Glo, starting with Awaken Your Qi.

I'm getting the first dose of the Moderna COVID vaccine this week. My place of employment has been getting good quantities of it. Emergency personnel were of course first in line but it's starting to trickle down to us peons.

Things are getting really frightening where I live, even shut ins, compliant people and work at home people in my circle are coming down with it left and right. Some people say it's barely a cold, others have been horribly sick for two weeks or more. One of my elderly acquaintances is on her sixth day in the hospital getting the antibody infusions. I might have to curtail gym workouts for a while but hate to do it. There just doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel in sight.

Christina, I used the ETV for quite a while. I found the CS episodes to actually hurt my back after awhile and couldn't take a shine to Sarha, but love the other instructors, especially Meg. There is a series of four connected workouts Meg leads and I really wish it were available on DVD.

Rose - Booty Burner is totally a silly name. I purchased the Shakti Warrior collection from DailyOm, but right now am focusing on Bellyfit TV season 2 from the Bellyfit website. I got annoyed with the delay in those and stopped doing them, which is silly.

Donna, what great workouts for you. You are so diligent. Where I live, supposedly we're only going to be brushed by the top of the weather system and get 2-3 inches.

Good morning Summer Breeze, I hope your daughter is feeling better and better. Did you manage a walk yesterday? Brr!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:29 AM  
donnamp

Wow, Pat, that is scary - I didn't realize things were that bad where you are.

We definitely limit our contacts with others and trips to the store, etc. are for necessities. The last time I browsed in a store was in March, 2020~

We do walk outside, but wear masks when we're in crowded places.

I had heard the new strains of COVID are more contagious. Very worrisome.

I have also heard that Maryland is woefully behind in vaccines.....I think we are in Phase 1B.

I am in Phase 3 - so I who knows when I will be able to get the vaccine...not like I'm looking forward to it, b/c I expect it is going to make me sick...but...probably better than taking a chance w/ this thing since it is so unpredictable.

*sigh*

Donna
Old 01-25-21, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

36 minute outdoor walk

It didn't feel quite as cold yesterday, I think maybe there was less wind. I am planning
a walk today and hoping I add on one of these days.

PAT, hope you had a good gym workout. ETA -- We were posting at the same time. Yeah I heard the new variants are very contagious! My sister got her first vaccine yesterday and so far she's just a little tired.

DONNA, great job with all your mix and match workouts. Well done. That's scary about the shingles being near your eye!
We are expecting some kind of snow event tomorrow with maybe some sleet mixing in.
Sounds like a mess

ROSE, I saw my sister about a week ago.
We have no plans to visit this week. There's some snow event tomorrow and maybe another one Thursday. Ack!

CHRISTINA, hope you enjoyed your workouts with your DD. Fun.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:36 AM  
donnamp

Summer Breeze -it was sort of a blessing having the shingles so close to my eye - b/c that is what prompted me to go to the Dr. so fast. I thought it was an eye issue b/c my eye was just tearing and tearing. I went to urgent care and the dr said he thought it was an allergy (at that time, I had no rash, just a teary eye). I then went to my primary care and saw the Nurse Practitioner - she also thought it was an allergy - I was just starting to get a rash around my eye. Finally saw the ey dr and at that time I had a rash....and they knew what it was right away. My eye dr told me she got shingles when she was in med school - so yes, the stress, lack of sleep, etc is a big trigger for it.

I'm on the fence about getting the Shringrix vaccine - I have heard it is a tough one - w/ a lot of side effects. I know you can get shingles more than once though...although it isn't super likely, so I'm not sure if I will end up getting the vaccine or not. I figure I'll worry about COVID first.

Donna

Tags
jim fixx