Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-30-21, 08:05 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - agree with Helen, no apology needed! The important thing is the working out!
Helen - work definitely cuts down on the time to do what we want versus what we have to do. You are doing amazingly well considering your knee issues! The Rocky style refers to the woman who led the workout, Rocky. She's extremely energetic and I like when she leads.
Waves to Cleda, happilady and Kay!

1/29 - 10 minute morning yoga from Youtube
45 min. Walk & Run w/ Matty (Peloton)
20 min. Walk & Tone Express from GHU
1 mile Brittany Style from Leslie's site

No dog walk yesterday due to temps in the 20's with wind chill in the teens! More of the same for today, so we may have to suck it up and add more layers. It is more difficult to get my steps in without a dog walk and the dogs really need the exercise.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 09:19 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Winter drag going on here

I have had no energy. Zero, zip, zilch. No challenge (bike) to keep me motivated (but strength - which makes me tired with doing less. Go figure). Anyway, Temps have been around 10-20 degrees. COLD and I have no desire to go anywhere. So I didn't yesterday. (Except to bed early). I did get (interrupted sleep) of 8.5 hours, which is unheard of for me, so maybe I was tired. I got up a few times (including 4:30 a.m. my usual time) to feed the cats so they would leave me alone and then went back to sleep until 7:30 a.m. WOW .... Maybe today I'll have more energy. AND with February 1st right around the corner, thinking on what my goals for February are/should be! YAY. On to a new month (and despite all the turmoil of January, it really did go fast.)

Oh never ever ever worry about shout outs. 'nuff said. Won't beat the dead horse. Introduction says it all.

Helen: I agree with Lili that even with the wonky knee, you are amazing. I USED TO go into October 31st (Halloween and candy everywhere) saying it was "Open eating season" . I would go from then until AFTER my birthday to decide to get "back on track" (so we're talking near the end of January). And by then? I could usually do 30 lbs. of damage. (2.15 stones - see -- I tried to make it easier for you, although you can probably do the conversion on the fly!) Anyway, NOT This year and to maintain for the holidays is a feat in and of itself for me. So yeah, I'm kinda proud. I still have a long-ish way to go but I will get there. And I'm doing it the right way this time. The month off? Probably helped a little bit. IN a weird way. Mondivation? I'm guessing that's Monday's motivation AND the start of a new month? Yep. I'm with you.

Lili:
I am a hermit. Our "feel like temp" was close to zero and no thank you. I have stayed in the house. I am not going out in it! I know you have the dogs, so you HAVE to go out. Also reinforces the fact that our "dog days" are done. I tease dh all the time and tell him we need to teach the cats to bark! Ha! Did you like Matty's run/walk? (I'm trying to hone in on your likes/dislikes for my recommendations.) I like Matty because he's not scary. He allows us to modify without making us feel "less than". If that makes sense.

Pam: Keep on doing that yoga for me! I did another one this week and it reinforces: I DO NOT LIKE YOGA. (yet I found myself looking for a bolster for the restorative yoga. Ha! Any recommendations? anyone? Or could I use a regular bolster pillow from TJ Maxx?)

Oh Helen -- a co worker was asking about the season in Australia. I was able to proudly sit up and say: Oh yes ... It's been hot with humidity so yes. They are opposite us. Made me sound "worldly".

Ok, on to me, me and all me. . . .

Like I said, I was tired and weary. It's bizarre. Doing way less and totally exhausted. Although I'll be the first to admit that bootcamps do wipe me out for a day or three. I really push on them. Got to the workout later in the day also, which is not always good for me!

1/29/2021: Peloton Wicked Ride w/Leanne (30 mins.) and Classical ride with Christine (30 mins.)

I just couldn't get my speed up AT ALL. I could barely make it to zone 2 by the time I got to Christine's ride, so it was more of a "flush the legs" out type of ride. The Wicked ride was fun. I LOVE Broadway tunes and Leann is just cute as a button. OH and I got several badges as well. That always helps.

That's it for now. I'm off to do something, think about February and get busy.

make it a great day!
Waves to anyone I may have missed. (Not intentional)
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 06:47 PM  
Helen

LILI
Thank you (too kind) for the 'amazing' - mentally I'm doing "pre-hab" so recovery is hopefully faster.
Thanks for the Rocky explanation.

CLEDA
THANKS for this: (2.15 stones - see -- I tried to make it easier for you.....
Bolster - I've seen will often use a rolled blanket or towel as one, BUT will let PAM be the authority there.
Wonder what's going on with your energy levels?
BTW - you ARE worldly!! Far more than I!!!

LILI & CLEDA
Oh Brrrr, just 20F = -6C, and 0ºC is literally "freezing point".
The layers you'd need to go out would be bulky too, so uncomfortable. Have always wondered what you DO with all those layers when you hit a shopping centre that has central heating?
For the heat, I take a fine-knit cardigan to deal with the aircon being cooler than I prefer, but that's so easy.

February Thread
Notion is SERIOUS - that the joy of 2020 being over should be set aside, and the business of 2021 needs to happen.
Hope you like the idea.

Hope to see everyone soon - including HappyLadi & Kay?

Waves to PAM - I'm absolutely assuming you'll be back for Feb.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 02:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 30:
~Essentrics TV: Sahra’s live workout
~Cardio: Body Groove 30 min & Neighbourhood walk
~Yoga: headstand practice & AMY4YW Standing poses
~Meditation: VFer Toaster’s Slow Down Mindfulness (YT)

Helen - Nice intro for Feb & yes I’ll be back....you’re stuck with me, lol!

Lili & Cleda - Brrrr, those are chilly temps! It’s not quite that cold here, night time lows are around 40F, daytime around 45F. We did get frost at night earlier in the week, but it’s warmed up.

I shall continue to do yoga for you Cleda & I hope your energy returns soon!

Waves to Kay & Happyladi!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 03:01 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Cleda - Here are links to a few basic rectangular bolsters....

https://www.amazon.com/Retrospec-Seq...2079889&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/YogaDirect-Su...2079889&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/Florensi-Bols...2079889&sr=8-9

https://www.amazon.com/ZENY-Rectangu...079889&sr=8-15

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-31-21, 07:21 AM  
Helen

Last one for January:

30min dog walk, rain has cleared, and a deliciously cool stiff breeze!
44min, Cathe - IMax 2 - First 5 Intervals Mix, 6"
31min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge (2020) - Day 15 (Day 25 of Sadhana)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 08:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Still have 2 more to go (for me)

I won't get to today's till later (but guaranteed it will be Sundays With Love. This is the last of season 2 and I'm sad as now there will be ANOTHER break before Season 3 begins. BIG BUMMER).

Pam: Thank you so much for the links. I was looking at some of the round ones (or cylinder type - think foam roller shape). Is there an advantage to the rectangular one? Maybe more real estate?

Now they are calling for a ridiculous amount of snow (like 12-18 inches?) and I hope they are wrong. Or if they are right - I hope it starts this afternoon so there's ZERO chance of me trying to get to work tomorrow. Time will tell. It's something I have no control over.

I think my low energy came from being tired, from doing the bootcamp (they - for whatever reason REALLY seem to make me super exhausted and takes a few days to recover from). and of course winter and the cold. Yesterday? I seemed to bounce back and be fine. (and probably pushed myself too hard again!!! It's that cycle.)

1/30/2021: Row 15 minutes Sweat session, 10 mins. Warm up Run w/Jess Sims, 20 mins. Miley Cyrus Run with Rebecca Kennedy, 20 mins. Year of Yes Run ** w/Adrian Williams, 10 mins. cool down walk with Adrian, 10 mins. Core with Jess Sims, 10 mins. Core with Emma Lovewell, 20 mins. Glutes & legs with Chase Tucker

A little mish mosh. Catching up on some classes for the strength challenge. Almost have January completed. Today they should release February's calendar. I can decide to follow it or go with a more generic calendar so I can work in other instructors. We'll see. I am very pleased with myself for following through on this one. I am signed up for Hydrow's challenge, but it's less than what I've been doing (in terms of rowing). It's 3x a week for 10 minutes or longer. I can do that. And I'll earn a badge. YAY .....

** Year of yes run with Adrian was great. Had a wonderful message, was only as difficult as I chose to make it. Adrian gives me permission to do it at my own level. THOROUGHLY enjoyed this one and have it bookmarked and HOPE to go back to it (again and again) I have bookmarked many classes to go back to and with the exception of cool down rides, I think the only one I"ve gone back to several times has been Emma's Coldplay ride! So many choices.

Waves to all!!!!

Will be back later to post my workout for today! Make it a great day. Stay warm and safe everyone.
Cleda
Old 01-31-21, 10:30 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

1/30 - dog walk, yup, it wasn't as cold as predicted.
GHU Power Walking: Core Connection, another winner, but not my favorite so far.
2500 Steps Rock with Gina B
a little rebounding to get the rest of my steps

Helen - when I used to shop regularly, I would leave my coat in the car and run into the store. Most of my shopping now is groceries, so there are always cold sections of the store. I carry a lightweight cardigan in the summer for restaurants and stores that are too chilly.
Pam - It seems odd to me that you are farther north and yet warmer, yet that's the Pacific Northwest.
Cleda - glad you got your energy back. Different workouts affect us differently. I am trying to figure out goals for February, too. I still have 2 weeks left of the StepBet, and then I can start spinning again. I am enjoying the GHU and the Walk, Sweat, Sculpt rotation, except that today calls for 40 min. yoga workout! I just finished up with yoga! This is my rest day, so we'll see what I end up doing. It may just be shoveling snow!

I also make knitting goals for myself and I have to finalize that today, too!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 01:08 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 31:
~Essentrics TV: Sarah’s live
~cardio: Body Groove Country Hop & 8 km trail hike
~yoga: Reclined & seated forward bends & hip openers
~Insight Timer: Gratitude Meditation

And that’s a wrap....every day in January.....done!

Cleda - I think it’s a matter of personal taste, but I prefer a rectangular bolster over a round one. I think they hold their shape better. I have one similar to the links I posted about & another that is the same length but not as wide. Fingers crossed you don’t get snowed in!

Lili - Our temps are majorly moderated by the Pacific Ocean. We don’t often get temps below freezing, although it does happen. I’ve lived here for 16 years and twice we’ve had a huge dump of snow that stayed for a few weeks. Normally it isn’t much & melts quickly. We have flowers blooming, my camellia has a few flowers open & the daffodil shoots are just starting to peek through the soil.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 02-01-21, 06:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

And now I have to remember what I did yesterday!

Pam:
Ohhh again, your check in made me smile when I thought of daffodils peeking through. So nice. I ended up (for now) just getting a pillow from TJ Maxx. It is firm and somewhat rectangular. I will try it and if I indeed keep doing restorative yoga, will order one from Amazon. The price on this one is good for now. We're going to get clobbered with snow no matter how we look at it. I'm thankful dh is home to snowblow. AND I'm not AT work when it all begins.

Helen: I forgot to mention - I wear layers. Lots of layers. And for the most part? Stores are not very warm when I go out. I'm never in them very long. And the warehouse ones are definitely cold (Think BJs and Costco). So it's not really an issue. I wear thermal underwear tops and bottoms if it's going to stay lower than freezing. My work is very cold. I wear thermal underwear there also and have 2 portable heaters at the front desk. ONe behind me fro the "front desk area" and one at my side that I can turn on and off when needed. We no longer have anyone wait in the waiting room (pandemic style) so we have the big heater that had been out there. As you can see, I am NOT a fan of cold. Poor circulation. I always have a cardigan within reach. Cuz it's on, it's off, it's on, it's off. Like Lili - in the summer, I have one in the car all the time because places are cold with AC.

Lili: Still don't have my February goals in place. I need to come up with something ASAP. (But feel more like I need to go back to bed! ha! Winter drains me and zaps every bit of energy I have.)

Waves to any lurkers.
On to me, me and all me.

I'm chasing badges. Someone listed the badges that are available and of course, I don't have some of them and want to get them in my badge inventory. So naturally? I'm doing the Peloton workouts that will get me some badges.

1/31/2021: 10 mins. 200k Strong total body workout with Olivia**, 30 mins. Sundays With Love - virtue: Excellence 30 mins, 20 Mins. BHM Blues Recovery ride w/ Sam Yo, 10 mins. full body stretch w/Adrian (Because I needed it)

** this workout was to celebrate 200k members on the Peloton FB page. It's old(er). I have no idea on earth how many members they have now? Probably triple that if not more. It was different. 200 reps. Starting out with 50 jumping jacks (that I did on the rebounder). Most of it was done on the rebounder. And that's ok.

Sundays With Love: Seems like she just came back to do these (after her holiday break) but we just finished Season 2. Now they go away for awhile. I'll have to redo all of them (I think there's 35 of them) because boy do I enjoy them. This one was tough or I pushed hard or both. I had the resistance up to 88 at one point!

Sam's Black History Month recovery ride was delightful. All zone 1, no pushing. Kept the heart rate between 60-69%. No resistance above 45, no cadence above 100 (Mine never went above 95.). Just spun my legs out. And Sam told me to do so.

I got badges for Olivia's and Sam's workouts. (and of course! SWL) Now on to new badges for today.

Oh and for anyone reading this who might want badges or lurking and wonders here is the link to check: (not all are available any more, but most are).

https://www.pelobuddy.com/list-peloton-badges/

Make it a great day.
On to February.
Waves to all!
Cleda