Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-14, 05:40 PM  
dela

WWE Power Fit Series with Triple H

I just posted a review on Amazon, but wanted to share here in case anyone was thinking of getting this DVD, or might not have even known about it.

I bought it on Amazon for 9.99 with Prime and mainly for the lower body workout for now until I can start doing upper body again.
http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Power-Seri...cm_cr-mr-title

The DVD is really fantastic. It's a strength workout, with one cardio section if you want to add that in. You can mix and match the segments to build your own workout, just pick 1 segment at a time, or play the whole thing through.

The warm up is not fast, it starts with jumping jacks, not too many, then goes to more mobility type moves, I was sweating at the end.

The leg workout moved at a nice steady pace allowing for heavy weights with a 30 second rest in between sets, it's done in a traditional 3 set format, reps are 8/10/12, the first set is the basic move, then he shows an advanced options for sets 2 and 3. The advanced options are not crazy hard, but add good variety. The last exercise he does a compound move of swings and a lying ab move. The stretch he does is really good, and he shows an IT band stretch that feels really good.

I loved that he added a mobility section, ever since D2S I do rolling and mobility before or after all my workouts now, so it's nice it's built in. He did 8 moves, and it was a nice way to finish up the workout.

The music is metal, but just guitar and zero screechy guitar, it's not all that noticeable and doesn't detract at all, it does fit the workout pretty well. I really don't like metal and this doesn't bother me at all.

The cast is all men, but no banter like in Bodybeast (which I don't mind, but just for comparison). He has a lot of very useful form pointers and instruction, even on the basic moves, he said some things that I didn't really think about while doing them before. He is really good on camera, and has a good sense of humor that is not forced and not part of his act at all, it just slips out now and then. I would definitely buy another workout from him. He does not mirror cue, but this workout doesn't really need it.

I previewed the circuit in the first upper body workout, and I liked the looks of it, I can't remember it all, but it's done in a circuit of 5 exercises at 2 different rep amounts (maybe 10 then 12). I also appreciated that different sections use different formats since I like a lot of variety.

I would have never known about it until someone mentioned it here, and it did not seem to get any discussion. But in my opinion this is definitely worth a look.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14, 06:50 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review! I was curious about this one, now it's on my wish list.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14, 10:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks for the review Dela! I remember Sue (?) mentioned this Dvd in another thread, and I liked the look of it.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 12:07 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 12:16 PM  
Calistro

I have watched the clips of both this dvd and the Stephanie McMahon dvd over at Marys a few times.

They both look like really solid thorough workouts, working every body part with minimum equipment and your bodyweight.

If I could just get past the heavy metal music I would have ordered them already.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 01:34 PM  
suzannaerin

I'll have to give these another look. Thanks for the review.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 03:30 PM  
s2546

Do you have any comparison to Kelly's Muscle UP. I am not sure which one to get

thanks!
sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 03:56 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

This is good to know. I have the workout with Stephanie McMahon on my wishlist at Mary's. I'm not a WWE fan at ALL and thought the workouts would be really cheesy but they looked....surprisingly OK. Off to take another look at the Triple H one...
Old 12-07-14, 05:41 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
This is good to know. I have the workout with Stephanie McMahon on my wishlist at Mary's. I'm not a WWE fan at ALL and thought the workouts would be really cheesy but they looked....surprisingly OK. Off to take another look at the Triple H one...
LOL, same here. I knew I'd have to see clips first, but the clips look really professional and not cheesy.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 11:43 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
Do you have any comparison to Kelly's Muscle UP. I am not sure which one to get

thanks!
sue
Although it's a been a while, I'm pretty sure I did Muscle Up with music off and used my own, I haven't liked the music in Kelly's more recent DVDs. I just can't remember what the music was.

I really liked Muscle Up when I started doing them, but then for some reason quickly stopped using it.

I will say, my legs (especially quads and the sides of my butt) and abs today are more sore than I can remember in a LONG time, and what's impressive about that, is 1. all I do these days is legs and core, and 2. it was 3 sets of 1 particular ab move that did this!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joe defranco, music off option, stephanie mcmahon workout, triple h workout, wwe power fit, wwe power fit series, wwe workouts