Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-20, 04:20 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Cathe isn’t immune to bad behavior. How many of us here were kicked off her forum for offering constructive criticism and I’m talking legit constructive criticism? I walked away from her for doing that to me back when her Hardcore series came out. I vowed I would never give her another dime. I acquired all her workouts from other sources over the years. Her Step Boss series was the first preorder I have done since. I wasn’t blown away by it. I do love her PHAs though (all of them).

I’m just pointing out Cathe isn’t perfect either just like all of us. She’s taken action against her own fans and customers for crying out loud. KCM was talking about what she must view as competition. Cathe is still tops in the weight department but KCM has a definite place too. KCM focuses on different exercises which I appreciate because my muscles respond well to change from time to time. Both of them can exist in the world, we’ll my world anyway. You all can choose who you want in your world too. That’s the beauty of having a variety of instructors out there. Hopefully they’ll both keep making DVDs.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 09:13 AM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Cathe isn’t immune to bad behavior. How many of us here were kicked off her forum for offering constructive criticism and I’m talking legit constructive criticism? I walked away from her for doing that to me back when her Hardcore series came out. I vowed I would never give her another dime. I acquired all her workouts from other sources over the years. Her Step Boss series was the first preorder I have done since. I wasn’t blown away by it. I do love her PHAs though (all of them).

I do sort of remember this. Was it Cathe, though, or someone on her staff doing this? Regardless, it wasn't the right thing to do.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 09:22 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
I do sort of remember this. Was it Cathe, though, or someone on her staff doing this? Regardless, it wasn't the right thing to do.
It was both. Cathe accused me of shilling for KCM, and Chris called customers who complained "weeds" when they started kicking them off the forum. Cathe also deleted my posts and then posted about how rude they were, but no one could see them anymore. She said she wanted the forum to be more positive and deleted any posts that supported me (and kicked those customers off the forum), yet allowed all posts bashing me and defending her. I haven't purchased any Cathe workouts since then. I think this is when STS cardio came out.

As far as KCM's claim. Cathe's CTX came out before KCM's original 30 MTF and I am pretty sure those workouts were all designed to be around 30 minutes and there are a variety of workouts - step, kickboxing, Leaner Legs, a circuit workout. I thought 4 Day Split also had 30 minute workouts? I can't remember for sure.

I love Cathe's strength workouts and continue to do them but I won't purchase them (I have RWH right now from our library). I like KCM's workouts, too.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 10:01 AM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
It was both. Cathe accused me of shilling for KCM, and Chris called customers who complained "weeds" when they started kicking them off the forum. Cathe also deleted my posts and then posted about how rude they were, but no one could see them anymore. She said she wanted the forum to be more positive and deleted any posts that supported me (and kicked those customers off the forum), yet allowed all posts bashing me and defending her. I haven't purchased any Cathe workouts since then. I think this is when STS cardio came out.

As far as KCM's claim. Cathe's CTX came out before KCM's original 30 MTF and I am pretty sure those workouts were all designed to be around 30 minutes and there are a variety of workouts - step, kickboxing, Leaner Legs, a circuit workout. I thought 4 Day Split also had 30 minute workouts? I can't remember for sure.

I love Cathe's strength workouts and continue to do them but I won't purchase them (I have RWH right now from our library). I like KCM's workouts, too.

Erica
Holy cow! That's just crazy! Hopefully it's something they've learned from and don't repeat.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 12:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I remember the uproar from the Cathe forum and the treatment of posters who dared be critical. The upcoming series may be called "Perfect30" but Cathe herself isn't perfect. The lesson I learned is only to post positive comments on instructor forums and post any criticism on VF!! Guess I also learned not to post on the Cathe forums, and I don't. Those forums are pretty much dead anyway except for the sycophants. KCM no longer has a forum so it's a moot point.

The posts that KCM made in 2016 were discussed here but were gone from FB by the time I looked. In a way I'm glad since I am impacted by how an instructor behaves and what they say. Here's why. I am a consumer, and I look at a number of elements when I am making a purchase decision. I expect them to be professional, and to me that means they keep their opinions about politics, religion, or other instructors to themselves. If an instructor shuts up about political issues or other instructors, I won't be able to factor that in to my decision. I'm now kinda on the fence as to what I want to do about any future Kelly workouts. More and more she appears to be somewhat snarky and while as a friend I would probably appreciate that (I'm pretty snarky myself), I'm not sure I like it in a professional. I'm also gleaning that her viewpoints about various topics would be incompatible with mine.

Sorry to make this "about" something other than the opening topic. Guilty! I've been struggling with how to reconcile my feelings about the egotistical behavior of instructors (and I mean that to be plural---Cathe, KCM, and others are guilty of this IMHO) and that I contribute to it by buying their products. I do wish I could just say "who cares" and buy something because I like the workout itself regardless of whether the instructor is a dbag or not, but I'm just not wired that way. So they all need to be professional and keep on the topic of fitness. Just to make me happy!!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 12:36 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I wish I could still do Cathe workouts..... she’s the instructor who got me into strength training. I pitched all my kcm DVDs in 2016 due to some things she wrote.
Same here. I do like PHA because it allows going heavy or light, and all the premixes. As for KCM, I borrowed one from the library and it didn't grab me, and now I'm really glad I never bought any.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 12:54 PM  
sbh

What happened to KCM's forums? Wow, I guess I should have visited them more often. I did not know they were gone.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 02:04 PM  
suzannaerin

Cataddict, I am the same. I try to keep my purchases in line with my values. If I don’t care for the way a company or it’s owners treats employees, customers, or others, I don’t spend my hard earned money purchasing their products or services. Same goes if they are blatantly socially irresponsible, to my values. I admit that it’s taking the moral high ground to a higher level, but as I’ve gotten older,
This has become more important to me. I consider it a way I can make a small difference in being true to what’s important to me. Sadly my boycott list has gotten longer, haha.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 02:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Cataddict, I am the same. I try to keep my purchases in line with my values. If I don’t care for the way a company or it’s owners treats employees, customers, or others, I don’t spend my hard earned money purchasing their products or services. Same goes if they are blatantly socially irresponsible, to my values. I admit that it’s taking the moral high ground to a higher level, but as I’ve gotten older,
This has become more important to me. I consider it a way I can make a small difference in being true to what’s important to me. Sadly my boycott list has gotten longer, haha.
LOL suzannaerin me too. A certain mega retailer is on that list and boy it's getting harder to avoid buying goods there. And agree as I get older the more these things matter to me. Glad to know I'm not alone!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 04:50 PM  
Bebop

Cathe has always been my favorite instructor. Through out the years I have collected most of her series and still usethem. Now that I have the fitness level and time for her longer workouts she is coming out with shorter workouts. LOL

I've always made shorter workouts with her timesaver premixes. Also, her mix and match options and chapters are great for creating shorter workouts.

I have a 30 minute strength workout with a personal trainer once a week.

I didn't order stepboss. I want the lite series. I may pre-order these and order the lite series and get the double free shipping.

Cathe is unique. Kelly is unique. I prefer Cathe to Kelly but it's just a style preference. What I like about this new series is the yoga. I use the yoga workouts from the low impact series on the days I want yoga just for the stretch without the meditation and spiritual - more of a change from traditional athletic stretch.

Off to do my workout - a timesaver from the Strong and Sweaty series.

Last edited by Bebop; 01-18-20 at 04:50 PM. Reason: typo
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30