Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-20, 10:03 AM  
TinaT

Need suggestions for Thin Hair products

I have had what would be considered thin hair most of my life. I keep it short and sassy to help with volume. That being said, I'd love to know what brands any of you use to help thin hair.

I've tried Nioxin products. (kind of spendy). Is there anything out there that doesn't break the bank but is effective?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 10:54 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

This product is amazing for hair growth. I like to add to my hair at night before bed.

https://www.sephora.com/product/mult...20grid:p442831

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 11:17 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
This product is amazing for hair growth. I like to add to my hair at night before bed.

https://www.sephora.com/product/mult...20grid:p442831
The Ordinary's actual website (deciem) is having a Nov sale -- 23% off and free shipping over $25. And they take PayPal. Just sayin'.

(I've spent waaaaay too much on skincare this week...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 11:59 AM  
Gams

I’ve tried everything and nothing has worked for me, but I haven’t tried The Ordinary. I’m going to order some. Thank you for the info!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 01:08 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
The Ordinary's actual website (deciem) is having a Nov sale -- 23% off and free shipping over $25. And they take PayPal. Just sayin'.

OMG, I forgot about that!! Off to their website!!!!!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 01:08 PM  
Demeris

I've been using Olaplex to keep the hair shaft strong and pliant. My hairdresser was very impressed with the health of my hair the last time I got a trim.

Olaplex won't give you more hair, nor will it thicken the hair shaft, but it will keep your hair from breaking too soon.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 05:15 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post

I love them and have been watching this sale!! I love their Buffet (Off topic. I apologize), but they have the buffet with copper peptides cheaper than I've ever seen it (still over my budget, but i am saving my skincare pennies).

Otherwise, its a very good brand with onely the useful ingredients and nothing harmful! - very much what you need when you have thin hair.
Certain minerals (like biotin" also help if you are interested in that direction, but I have gotten in trouble in the past for mentioning things like that. Some people use caster oil, but I don't know if that is for length, strength, thickness, or all 3. A stylist will almost always say short hair is the only way to add thickness. I have gone a lot shorter than mine used to be, and it does appear that way, and less exhausting for hair, but I think, even with those benefits, I still preferred my length. Especially with going grey so quick, but short also makes that transition easier (altho my stylist added in lavender highlights to make it ,more fun for me) Sorry for all the uneccessary info.

An extra brand worht trying, besides OGX which I mostly use, is Not You Mother's. They have some, what I believe are good strengthening and lengthening products.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 05:34 PM  
alisoncooks

I've tried several of the Ordinary products but this thread talked me into ordering the hair serum. I have so much shedding, and my youngest suffers with eczema on her scalp. Some reviews indicate this oil might help both so we'll see.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hair