Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-20, 06:16 PM  
TinaT

Are You Content With Your WO Collection?

I ask this question because I am content with what I have. Now, that doesn't keep me from looking and listening to what's new and up coming.

Maybe it's my age and that over the last 25 years I've tried so many instructors, methods and brands. I feel like I've come full circle and have settled on what works and motivates me.

My list is small compared to most:

Anna Benson FIRMS
WHFN Fitprimes & Kickbutts
Karen Voight
Classical Stretch
Tracey Mallet (barre)
Rebounding (Jumpsport)

I'm ready to stop spending money on workouts. It has been such a vicious cycle for me, over several years time.

How about you?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 06:35 PM  
muggle

Yes I’m content. I was happy for years with what I had, getting new stuff, trying new things. I was up for anything. For years I did only advanced workouts. Now I’m 55 and in the last few years I’ve learned the importance and benefits of rest days and easier workouts. I have a nice library of workouts and if something has dread or boredom...it’s gone! Cathe Live has spoiled me getting a new workout every week. But my love for my dvds is never ending! I have all my favorites and they make me happy.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 06:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

If you're asking if I am done experimenting with new trainers, no I'm not. I like meeting new people if I find some.

But I do thoroughly enjoy my collection..so on that level, yes, I am happy with what I own.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 08:16 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I could get rid of everything I own except Essentrics/CS and Ellen. Been pretty consistent with that, too.

Honestly, I could get rid of all my dvds. I never use them anymore.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 08:35 PM  
Taiga

I love my collection I get great joy looking through my fitness library and planning out my goals months in advance. Many of the instructors and even the background exercisers feel like friends. I'm limited to dvds and that field has narrowed so I'm grateful that I was able to grow a decent collection over the years. I can still get interested in new programs when they do come along, but most of the new stuff doesn't excitement me half as much as the programs I already have.
Old 10-28-20, 08:36 PM  
bubbles76

No. I want it to be smaller, but it's hard to let anything go. And I still want to trade and buy
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 08:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I could get rid of everything I own except Essentrics/CS and Ellen. Been pretty consistent with that, too.

Honestly, I could get rid of all my dvds. I never use them anymore.
I’m similar, Essentrics, Ellen, yoga, Pilates, and a few cardio. I have quite a few downloads too. I do a lot of streaming, have a few sites I subscribe to off & on. I love variety.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 08:55 PM  
Leonana

I'm content with mine, which is almost all Jessica Smith. I have a hard time clicking with other instructors, she suits me really well. But I do try other instructors from dvds that I find at the thrift store. I've only kept a couple of them, but I enjoy the hunt for that bargain.
Old 10-28-20, 10:12 PM  
BunnyHop

Content? yes. Could I give some of it up? Also yes.

I did just get some new-to-me workouts that seem to suit me where I am at the moment.

Got Lastics Lite and Mimi Kuo-Deemer's qigong dvd sets.

I don't usually buy that much at once, untried, but something about the tone and pace of these is just right for me right now.
Old 10-28-20, 11:32 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I love my DVD collection -- KCM (and just discovering her kickboxing options lately so still buying old stuff that's new to me), Gilad, Cathe, Eoin Finn, Kathy Smith, Jessica Smith's YouTube channel in addition to her DVDs... those are my staples but I also have Lauren Brooks, Margaret Richard, Ellen Barrett, Amy Bento, Angie Miller, Denise Beatty, The FIRM and some others (too numerous to name!) on DVD, audio downloads and YouTube (e.g. DoYogaWithMe). So much choice that makes me so grateful in addition to the generally agreeable year-round weather where I live (so walking, hiking and biking are almost always an option!) And my employer also gave me a one year subscription to YogaWorks streaming option and I haven't had enough time to try all the stuff I want to try there while still enjoying my extensive collection of yoga media
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection, collections