Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-20, 10:07 AM  
JustSandra

Barefoot & On the Mat 4/26-5/2: May Day Edition!

Greetings and welcome to the weekly Barefoot & On The Mat check-in thread! This is a long-running VF check-in. We're a cozy, friendly group who enjoy a wide variety of workouts, but we have a special fondness for those traditionally done without shoes. If you enjoy yoga, Pilates, barre, qi gong, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Ellen Barrett, etc. (or even if you simply prefer doing traditional workouts without shoes!) you'll feel right at home.

Please feel free to join in. We love hearing from new, returning and guest Mat Mavens. Our welcome mat is always out!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 10:12 AM  
JustSandra

Am starting this week's thread on the early side, as I wanted to wish our Beth a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I've been keeping up my daily Aimless Walks. On Friday I enjoyed a MAW with my niece and grandniece as we walked a nature trail which ended at the river. Sunday was a functional MAW, walking to a nearby grocery store to pick up something for my brother -- but I also scored bottles of hand sanitizer and disinfecting cleaner. Whee!

Am getting ready to head out now for a LAW. Temps are heating up here, and I don't like walking outside when it is very warm.

Waving to all -- be back later!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 10:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank you Sandra! I will be back with more later.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 10:32 AM  
cyana

Happy Birthday, Beth!! Best wishes for many years of good health and happiness.

Sandra - When I posted last evening, I forgot to mention I was jealous of your dinosaurs and pigs......nothing so exciting in my neighborhood walks so far. I will also be heading out for a walk today, as the sun is shining - at least most of the time. There are some intermittent clouds but no rain, thank goodness. Good job on scoring the hand sanitizer.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 11:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

30MTF Cardio Pump (Premix Pump Shoulder & Arms; Premix Pump Back & Chest)

Happy Birthday Dear Beth!!! I like your avatar.

Sandra, thank you for starting us. It's hard to believe that we are nearly into May already.

Cyana, at the market I still can't find any type of brown rice (or even white rice), whole wheat pasta and certain types of frozen vegetables. What's frustrating is having the store limit me on buying only one box of Kleenex or 1 small 7.5 ounce bottle of hand soap, or 1 gallon of distilled water. I understand them trying to prevent people from hoarding but with limits like that they are causing people to have to go to the store more frequently and risk exposing themselves more often. We haven't been able to find rubbing alcohol anywhere since we moved here.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 02:50 PM  
YogaGal

A Big Happy Birthday to Beth! Hope you can enjoy some takeout from a favorite restaurant and/or find some things to do to make this day special.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off for a week that includes the start of a new month. I do feel that April hasn’t seemed to drag quite as much as March did. Congratulations on finding bottles of hand sanitizer and disinfecting cleaner! I am envious of your nature trail walks. DH and I may travel up to the mountains for a day sometime soon to walk in the cooler air and mountain scenery.

Paine: When hand sanitizer became unavailable, we started looking for rubbing alcohol also, but haven’t found any for weeks. Fortunately, I was able to find some hand sanitizer at Target; it’s a different brand than I usually get, but it meets the requirements of over 60% alcohol, so that’s good for me. Strange that rices and whole wheat pastas are unavailable.

cyana: Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Hopefully those yummy strawberries helped to make up for it.

I’ll post workouts tomorrow.
Old 04-26-20, 03:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank you friends! I made overnight French toast yesterday so I wouldn't have to cook on my birthday, and I just ran out to a local bakery to pick up dessert.

Carolyn, a trip to the mountains sound fun! DH & I are hoping to get out to some of the local lakes again this summer.

Paine, I keep playing around with the avatars. I'm surprised about the whole wheat pasta--last time I went to the grocery story, the pasta seemed to be fully stocked (and before that people seemed to be avoiding the healthier types of pasta, LOL).

Sandra, we had a MAW yesterday too--that could be either for medium or meandering. It was nice to have such a nice day; it's cold and rainy today (as it often is for my birthday).

Back in a moment to post my week...

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-26-20, 03:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

My workouts are still largely revolving around yoga, although I keep efforting to get some strength work in too.

Monday
Garrie's Cardio Mash-Up (FB)

Tuesday
Bar Where You Are (FB) - #17, Huggin' Muscles (about 10m)
Get Ripped & Jacked - chose my own segments (squat, wide squat, reverse fly, deadlift, chest press, chest fly, skull crusher, lateral raise)
Ekhart Yoga (YT) - LIVE Finding Resilience Together

Wednesday
James Knight (YT) - Gentle Somatic Yoga Live, Class 6

Thursday
Upright Health (YT) - Lower Back Pain on One Side
Bar Where You Are (FB) - #3, Seat Lifter
Essentrics (YT) - Wellness Challenge Day 1, Rebalance Your Connective Tissues

Friday
Rebecca Louise (YT) - Arms Workout w/Weights
Fem Fusion Fitness (YT) - My Arms Workout
YTU Upper Body Rx - 5 & 10m Shoulders
Charisma Yoga Bar (YT) - 20m Shoulder Openers with Kellie

Saturday
Jari Love (YT) - Get Ripped Strong & Slow Featuring Britt
LIVE Grass Roots Yoga with Molly

Sunday
LIVE Morning Wake-Up Yoga with Cathy

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-26-20, 03:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, how did you like LIVE Morning Wake-Up Yoga with Cathy?
I hope you can pick up some take out food so you don't have to cook dinner on your birthday.

Carolyn and Beth, we haven't been able to find Lysol wipes or any type of disinfectant wipes anywhere (not even at Target).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 03:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, this morning's class was with an instructor I like at a local yoga studio, and it was very nice, especially since a number of people I know joined me.

Follow me @YogiBethC