Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-19, 12:45 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cathe Step Boss Reviews thread

I know many of you will have these way before I do and I'm hoping you'll be so kind as to post your reviews here!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 08:50 PM  
buffmama

IMAX 4 is only 44 min.
Old 12-19-19, 09:37 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
IMAX 4 is only 44 min.
This makes me happy!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 09:52 PM  
ncl

I did PHA3 this morning and really liked it. It is a solid workout. I think it has more cardio effect that the other PHAs, which I also like. The step topper gets taken off a few times and used in various ways. I really like all the PHAs and this one may be my favorite.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 10:58 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
This makes me happy!
Me too!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 01:03 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
IMAX 4 is only 44 min.
I’m with you on that. It gets old having to piece together workouts while keeping your heart rate up. That is one of the best uses of Linda’s Barlates workouts. She gets your heart rate up quick so the burn continues. It just requires planning ahead so there’s limited standing around. Oh well, you can’t please everybody.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 02:53 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
IMAX 4 is only 44 min.
Are the lengthier premixes any good?

I can sort of guess what "Double It" and "Double Blast after every combo" entail but what is "Mixed Combos & Blast"? (My dvds are due to arrive tomorrow.)

Mish Mosh Premixes
Double Blast After Every Combo - 61:50
Double It - 78:39
Mixed Combos & Blast - 57:27
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 07:55 AM  
Dontmindthemess

I did PHA 3 yesterday morning. It’s a very solid workout and my only complaint is that’s it’s a little like on triceps. It splits nicely into two halves. Each half is 8 exercises through twice. If you like the PHA workouts, you’ll like this one too! I matched Cathe’s weights on almost everything (I used a 40 lb KB for the sumo squat/ deadlift combo) and I felt challenged but not wiped out. My upper body is a little sore today but I haven’t been using Cathe workouts for a couple of months.
Cathe uses sliders for a couple of exercises in the first half, and she really uses the step- a couple of exercises just use the topper- so if you have a Reebok style step you might have to get creative. I found the lunge using the topper and slider a little awkward but I might not have if I had just a topper. I can just use the slider on the floor too, no biggie.
I actually somehow thought this PHA would have cardio blasts like the last Live one does and I kept waiting for them. That was a little disappointing but that’s totally in me. My heart rate did get up there a few times during the workout and it did seem more metabolic than the other PHA dvds, but less than the Live PHAs. I liked this workout but it’s hard to get super excited about it compared to the Live PHAs.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 08:02 AM  
buffmama

I just finished Imax 4. I like the workout. Fun, intermediate workout. The combos were repeated 6x which I felt is a little short. By the time I got in the groove she was moving on. Even at the end of the blasts I could have done more. Squat thrusts were in the last blast so easily skipped if that's what people wanted to do (probably why it's there). The ab workout was slow and controlled, not super hard, but effective. Some moves are done on your hands. The extended stretch was actually nice as well. I felt stretched out and relaxed by the end and had time to personalize it a bit. The nice part of the length is that you can add in the bonuses and it's a reasonable amount of time. That said, I would have preferred this to be longer and then it could have broken it into 2 30 min workouts for shorter days.
Old 12-20-19, 11:17 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
IMAX 4 is only 44 min.
I got my workouts WAY early (yay!!) and did this one yesterday and didn't realize how short it was until the step portion was over and left me wanting more!

I did the premix with the abs and extended stretch just to taste everything available on the DVD. After doing a lot of intense core work with various barre workouts and Horizontal Conditioning, the abs section was just meh for me. So the next time I do this workout, I will most certainly do the double blast or double it premix instead and skip everything else.

That being said, while it wasn't the intensity I'd expect from any Imax, it certainly was fun and creative in a new but still Cathe way, and I did definitely enjoy it!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe step boss, step boss, step boss reviews