Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-19, 05:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cathe Body Max 2 Double Upper Body premix

I just tried the Double Upper Body premix from Cathe's Body Max 2, which I recently acquired. I'm shaking as I write this....it was that brutal, awesome, but brutal, with relatively little equipment needed (even including the extra dumbbells I needed because I had to go lighter than Cathe in some spots)!

I used to hate split workouts, but recently I've started to enjoy doing upper body and lower body focused workouts separately to mix things up. But finding a total upper body workout that I like has been really hard! I either find I get bored, don't feel it's complete enough, or some other reason.

My previous gold standard was Cathe's original Pyramid Upper from Intensity which I've always loved. I haven't found anything else I like as much until now with this premix from Body Max 2.

Are there other upper body premixes I should maybe consider that I haven't thought of from any of her other DVDs?
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 06:01 PM  
red1013

Pyramid Upper Body and Body Max 2 are two of my faves as well.

Some of my other Cathe upper body favorites:
Total Body Trisets
Ramped Up Upper Body
Stacked Sets Upper Body

Also the Push/Pull workouts from Fit Split. I'm pretty sure there's a premix that combines both.
Old 05-07-19, 06:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
Pyramid Upper Body and Body Max 2 are two of my faves as well.

Some of my other Cathe upper body favorites:
Total Body Trisets
Ramped Up Upper Body
Stacked Sets Upper Body

Also the Push/Pull workouts from Fit Split. I'm pretty sure there's a premix that combines both.
How on earth did I miss Total Body Trisets???? I wasn't fond of Ramped Up for some reason but I LOVE Fit Split, thanks for that reminder! And I also LOVE Stacked Sets...need to explore those premixes.

Off to look at Total Body Trisets...thank you!
Old 05-07-19, 06:59 PM  
lavna

You could also do the Meltdowns from ICE. I get a great upper body workout doing those.
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 07:04 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
You could also do the Meltdowns from ICE. I get a great upper body workout doing those.
Nathalie
I did that once...I wish they were all on the same DVD, sigh.....
Old 05-07-19, 10:59 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Chiseled Upper Body is also awesome and yes, the upper body split with core on Total Body Trisets is super fun (have only done it once but was pleasantly surprised by it!) Another vote for Stacked Upper Body and Ramped Upper Body too. Now I need to bust out Pyramid Pump and try the upper body premix and compare it to the classic Cathe Pyramid workout which is super duper...
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 03:15 PM  
AnMrsDe

Another vote for Strong & Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body. I actually tried a premix today I've never done before: Mish Mosh Extreme #3. This premix includes 2 rounds of the bonus abs and works shoulders last=59 min. I totally LOVED this premix! There are two segments of abs mixed in throughout which I really liked to break up the lifting. Loved working my shoulders last and loved the "finisher" moves with the band. Finding premixes I haven't tried before are totally like finding new workouts!

I have never tried that BM2 Double premix before. I've done the Upper Body before but not doubling it--sounds great. Thanks for posting!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 04:14 PM  
Shelbygirl

I like the Double Upper premix from Strong and Sweaty Giant Sets.
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 05:19 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I might have to give Ramped Up another consideration based on all of your recommendations! I'm definitely going to order the Trisets DVD. I also have Giant Sets and will have to check out that premix, thank you! Thanks to all of you for your help!

Speaking of Body Max 2 though, not just specifically upper body, dang, this is such a versatile DVD. I did the Scrambled Eggs premix today which was 80 minutes of cardio with some blasts and legs thrown in and I. am. toast. The bootcamp premix is awesome too. I like finding new workouts by exploring premixes and am wondering why I never really did this in the past??
Old 05-08-19, 11:31 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

All this talk about Giant Sets and the upper body premix is... tempting. How does the Body Max 2 double upper premix work? Does she repeat each set of exercises before moving on vs. repeat a whole sequence for one muscle group before moving on vs. does everything one time through (as would be found on the standard upper body premix) and then repeats it?
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe upper body