VF Supporter

Pure Barre On Demand

Does anyone use this?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 09:17 PM  
barreaddict

I just signed up to try it since I was able to try it for the founder's rate of $15.00/month.
I tried foundations this evening (streamed on macbook, plugged in with hdmi cable) and could not enlarge to full screen mode. Not sure if I have to go out and buy apple tv for this now. I have Roku, but no PB app for Roku yet. It did feel like a live class and the instructor was friendly. It went too fast in places. I have a lot of their dvds. I'm just not sure yet. If The Bar Method would support their online streaming and regularly add new full length (1 hr) workouts, I would stick to that. However, for a year now, they have only added 20 minute mini workouts so I've looked elsewhere. For me, (at 58) BM moves at a better pace, allows me to keep good position/technique and stretches more in between so I feel totally worked out. If you try PB on demand, I'm interested to hear what you think.
barreaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-17, 01:24 AM  
starbelly

I am not a subscriber, but I do have access to some things because I bought streaming workouts. All of the videos post Studio Series are on there (Flex, Pure Results, Resistance, Sculpted, and Essential Series) and it seems that all of the new content comes from live classes. There are targeted segments of 5 and 10 minutes and full body workouts of 30 and 45 minutes. The site claims 27 hours of content, but it looks like the targeted segments are just cut from the longer classes (as with Barre3) and most of the material comes from the DVDs.

There is a free trial for 7 days after which the subscription is $29.99; without the free trial the rate is $19.99. If you don't have the videos, it is a good way to access them (and they are all now out of print with a few still available at their shop). I find the live class setting distracting, but in the Foundations class there are 2 instructors demonstrating form and modifications which is better than I have seen with other live classes (like HDM).

Pure Barre is very fast paced and there is far less explanation and set up than in other workouts like The Bar Method (I started with TBM). Classes always follow the same pattern-- warm up with knee lifts, planks/pushups and sometimes weights, thighs, seat, abs and stretch. The dialogue is scripted and teachers will all use the same language. There is a lot of tucking in Pure Barre and I will often modify that and use a neutral spine. They seem to have moved away from all the gadgets (ring, block) and now use only light weights and a ball (plus a mat and a chair/barre).

@barreaddict: I watch on a laptop and the video can be made full screen by clicking on the arrow in the upper right hand corner.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure barre resistance