Quote:
Originally Posted by windyh View Post
Where would Element Ballet fit in?

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 09:37 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I couldn't pick which of the last three on my list was tougher, but at the time I wrote it P57 killed me. Now that I've done it enough it doesn't hurt so much, but it's more entertaining than SC.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 11:29 AM  
desertMermaid

I don't have the old BM or LB DVDs but the Element Ballet Conditioning was my first ballet inspired workout and I would say is is easier than the new BM, Squeeze, pure barre, Cardio barre, Core fusion, etc. I think it is a good one to get started with.

It is hard to really give each one a definate rank as they are all different and each have something to add and a challenge to provide. Also it depends on what you put in.

I think these kinds of workouts ever get easy because as you perfect your form and posture you get deeper into your muscles, if anything I think they get tougher.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 11:33 AM  
TinaT

No one has thrown the Fluiditys into the mix. Maybe we should include those as well.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 12:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
No one has thrown the Fluiditys into the mix. Maybe we should include those as well.
fluidity is somewhere in the upper end of middle. it has some advanced moves in it (straight back, legs open/close).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 05:36 AM  
ElisaB

Quote:
1. Lotte Berk DVD's minus the bonus workouts.
2. The Bar Method original set
4. Lotte Berks Bonus workouts
5. Squeeze Lower Body Challenge
6. Squeeze
7. Cardio Barre 4 in 1 (intro to intermediate)
8. Core Fusion Body Sculpt
9. Pure Barre Pershing Square 2
10. Squeeze Stronger
11. Core Fusion Glutes and Thighs
12. The original Pure Barre
13. Super Callenetics
14. Physique 57
15. Cardio Barre Advanced from 4 in 1, and the Ultimate workout.
Where would the Ballet Body workouts fall in?

Old 07-12-12, 07:18 AM  
kitty12

Interesting. I guess I would have ranked Squeeze Stronger as more challenging. Squeeze Stronger based on the upper body workout, which is more of a killer than other barre style workouts - also the waist work and pretzel work is very strong. For me, P57 doesn't seem too advanced, but I would be comparing to TBM Dancer's Body and Booty Barre which I consider more advanced.

For Ballet Body DVDs, would for me depend on the DVD. The upper body DVD really isn't very barre-like. I have done the core one and it actually doesn't seem that challenging. BUt the lower body DVD is very strong and I would rank it at the more challenging end.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 12:24 PM  
slysam

I'd rank Squeeze Stronger as more challenging as well. It depends on the weight you use, but that one gets me and I've had it a couple years. I put it at the same level as P57 and would put the first Booty Barre and Xtend Barre at that level too, but in a different way. Booty Barre and Xtend have a cardio effet for me, Squeeze Stronger is more muscle and P57 is kind of in between muscle and cardio. But with SS and P57, I use heavier weights if my weights feel easy, do the pushups on toes if I can, lift one leg on the tricep dips if I can, and let go of the barre (my sofa) when I can for a balance challenge.

I think the Ballet Body dvds are maybe one level more advanced than P57, Xtend, Booty Barre, Squeeze Stronger, etc. They don't have a cardio effect on my, so it is more in a muscle way.

I have Cardio Barre 4 in 1, I don't see it as the number one hardest. It is a little fast, so probably best for people who already have good form in barre. It is easier to cheat on the fast ones, so hard to say. I suppose it is a challenge to do it fast with great form. I don't reach for it much though, perhaps I need to revisit it to see.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 03:03 PM  
kitty12

LOL -Goes back to probably the individual, what part of the body we are talking about, what effect you are looking for, and how much weight you use. I used fairly heavy weights for Squeeze Stronger and did it weekly for over a year. It never failed to challenge me! Besides the pretzel and waist workout that I mentioned, the ab workout is also strong. I agree it is more muscle based. The thigh parts of it aren't as challenging as some other barre workouts.

I don't really get much of a cardio impact from any of the barre DVDs I have except maybe Booty Barre. I don't have Cardio Barre so can't comment on that. I do remember a lot of people saying Booty Barre was too difficult when it first came out which is the main reason I put it at the more challenging end.

I forgot about Xtend Barre. I have that one too. My initial impression the first time I did it was that it was fairly easy, but when I did it again, I thought it was an excellent workout. The upper body portion isn't much but the overall workout is very good.

I have about 15 barre DVDs I rotate through each Saturday. I really like having the variety. Each one targets things a little differently. I have other barre DVDs as well that I will use outside of any set rotation.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 01:08 AM  
ElisaB

I'm updating this based on the last few comments... this is what I get. Does that seem right?
1. Lotte Berk DVD's minus the bonus workouts.
2. The Bar Method original set
3. Element Ballet Conditioning
4. Lotte Berks Bonus workouts
5. Squeeze Lower Body Challenge
6. Squeeze
7. Cardio Barre 4 in 1 (intro to intermediate)
8. Core Fusion Body Sculpt
9. Pure Barre Pershing Square 2
10. Fluidity
11. Ballet Body – Lower Body
12. Core Fusion Glutes and Thighs
13 Squeeze Stronger
14. The original Pure Barre
15. Super Callenetics
16. Physique 57
17. Cardio Barre Advanced from 4 in 1, and the Ultimate workout.

Please feel free to add some more recent workouts in — I think it would be great to keep it updated, to help people select their next step!

Where would Pop Physique fit in?

Tags
barre, beginner barre, pure barre resistance