Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-20, 04:54 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
Yes, I am actually seriously going to start selling my dvds, except my CS and my QiGong and yoga dvds.

Even(gasp) my Firms and WHFN.

I am enjoying my streaming CS and WOW and love Youtube.

Ready to downsize and equipment too.

Anita
I am into You Tube more also, really like Caroline Girvan's channel and others I need to explore more.

I am content with my collection though I could probably thin the herd or whittle down a little bit. I have bought 10 DVDs this year, not horrible but more than the last couple of years combined. Not to say that I will never buy another DVD ever, but it's pretty likely that little to no more will be coming into my collection. Anything new I am going to You Tube.

I will assess what gets used in 2021 or serves a purpose in my collection, at the end of that year there may be a purge. I guess we will see. There are some workouts that got a lot of use years ago that I barely touch now, and I seem to reach for the same favorites over and over. My collection doesn't take up much room and it mostly fits on one shelf on my bookcase, but at the same time I am tired of holding on to workouts I hardly use.

What could go, workouts that I hardly use, whether they are out of print or not. Workouts that are too long and don't have shorter options/premixes.
I am not into streaming at all but instructors have a lot of competition with all the free content on YT nowadays. I am using YT a lot more than I thought I would.

Equipment wise, I won't be purging there, I find that I really use all my equipment and don't want to part with any of it. Especially my stability ball and exercise bands.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 10:26 AM  
TinaT

I do love Youtube for workouts with my Rebounder. My decision to be content with my collection was also about space. I love my room I workout in, but it's also my office. So keeping what I know I'll use gave space for other things in my life. Now, I don't feel overwhelmed with too much stuff that isn't being used.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 06:02 PM  
jusca

I'm very content with my collection. I have a few more I am interested in to get. I still have a few unused sets/dvds to happily explore and keep me excited. I love discovering old dvds that I might have heard about when it was new but didn't buy it then.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 08:01 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm always satisfied with my collection until something else comes along that sparks my interest. For example, I will probably purchase Jessica Smith's new offering (if and when it comes along) and I'm mulling over getting Cathe's Perfect30 set.
Old 10-31-20, 08:20 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm always satisfied with my collection until something else comes along that sparks my interest. For example, I will probably purchase Jessica Smith's new offering (if and when it comes along) and I'm mulling over getting Cathe's Perfect30 set.
This is pretty much where I'm at ... I did buy Perfect30, and I just bought Jessica's Walk Strong 2 set because I skipped that one. But I wasn't dissatisfied before those purchases - I just thought they'd complement my existing collection well and wanted some novelty.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 09:54 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I just bought Jessica's Walk Strong 2 set because I skipped that one.
I hope you like Walk Strong 2. I think it's her best (and most fun!) sets out of all three Walk Strongs.
Old 10-31-20, 12:35 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
This is pretty much where I'm at ... I did buy Perfect30, and I just bought Jessica's Walk Strong 2 set because I skipped that one. But I wasn't dissatisfied before those purchases - I just thought they'd complement my existing collection well and wanted some novelty.
Yes, me too, I'm satisfied until I see something new I want! I'm loving the Perfect30 workouts and I hope Cathe will do more in this series.

Burn Fat and Have Fun from WS2 is hands down my favorite Jessica cardio workout.

Tags
collection, collections