Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-22-20, 12:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Lavna- yes we are so fortunate to already have dumbbells. Sometimes I wonder whether it is a "fake" shortage so they can up the prices?
Yes I wonder about that too. I think the demand has probably increased due to the virus, but I'm naturally suspicious of "shortages" that could be artificially created.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:22 PM  
manleym

ChelePA thanks for the Perfect 30 Premixes breakdown. Guess if I want to do a HiiT and mobility I'll just pop in the dvds. Thankfully they'll be short enough to be able to do both!

Tiffanywu, welcome! Glad you're posting! I sent you a PM and an email regarding some dvds on your SASE list. Did you get the messages?

Cataddict and Kittybug I also do 45 minutes-1 hour workouts daily so I'm also interested in the premixes. So whatever the group decides to do is great with me. I'll just workout for an hour, whatever we do.

Cataddict I'm glad your back is feeling better! Healing is irritating because it takes longer than it used to. I'm also hoping Cathe's mobility will loosen up the tight places. Yoga has really made a difference for me and while I have ALWAYS stretched really, really well, I'm needed it now more than ever! I'm so sorry to hear about your niece and family having COVID. That's no good. Also hoping for a quick recovery and that their youth will help them get over it soon. Keep us updated on their progress. We'll be thinking about them.

Kittybug the squash sounds YUMMY! Might have to try it this week, minus the quinoa because DH won't eat it, but we LOVE all of the other ingredients, including DH. I use LOTS and LOTS of spices too - doesn't really matter what dish. I LOVE flavor and more is better! Our butternut squash really hit the spot - cube it, sprinkle brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and roast it. I also like adding a little salt. But I love salty/sweet.

Kittybug, are we couple twins??? My DH could also eat steak every night! In fact he says that alot! We grill at least 1 steak per week and he'll eat the leftovers and still like it! I don't like steak nearly as much as my DH either. I love tenderloin, and will eat a little bit of steak if it's super tender, but that's about it for me. We'll grill veggies along with the steak so that's what I primarily eat. We've also started added in a tomato/mozzarella salad that is yummy! It's so fresh!

Kim I also really love our group! You ladies are the best and I always look forward to reading your posts and what's going on in your lives. Group hug!

FOLV thanks for keeping us updated on Perfect 30! Can't wait!!!

Bee I feel the struggle about just finishing 3 months free of UDAYA membership and should I just subscribe. I think I'm going to see what they offer for Black Friday. As DH said, I would use it. And that would be my only subscription, although I'm holding out for a Black Friday deal for Cathe Live too. Glad Dylan is doing yoga with you and enjoying it! It may be less intense that what you would do on your own, but the time together is priceless.

Horusosiris that's too bad you lost your list! So frustrating! If you ever find a list, please share. I'm sure there are tons out there too. And yes,
Zero to Sixty is FAST, but I either modified the move to slow it down or used light/no weight. It's definitely a cardio workout, not weight.

Natalie it's crazy that dumbbells are in such high demand! I never would have thought of that! I've been lucky to buy alot of my dumbbells, and various toys at estate sales. Pre-COVID, DH and I shopped estate sales almost every weekend. Sometimes I would get lucky and find weights and various workout equipment/toys. Thankfully I have all that I need right now too. I'm hoping to get back into estate sale shopping when all of this COVID stuff goes away. We have found some really nice things over the years.

KateTT that is CRAZY that you already have snow!! YUCK! I think it's moving down our way, but we definitely won't have snow! I'm glad your leg is feeling better! YAY!

My Perfect 30 dvds haven't shipped yet, I don't think. Says a shipping label has been created but the PO is waiting for them (or something like that). I'm tracking another package and am also getting the same message so it could be the USPS website. I hope they magically arrive in my mailbox soon!

Will post my workouts separately since this is getting long! Just wanted to say hello to everyone! Hugs and waves!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:36 PM  
manleym

Now for the workouts....

I've picked well this week! I have liked all of the virgin workouts I have done! YAY!

Tuesday I did Amy Bento Ross Drop Set Strength Split 1 Mix (legs, chest, back core, stretch). The regular workout as is, is about 1 1/2 hours and I didn't have that much time but this premix was about an hour. I loved it! There are lots of different, new-to-me moves. I really liked how with each drop in weights Amy changed the arms so it was still difficult. Example, for the first round of squats you press heavy dumbbells together in front of you. Round 2 - drop the weight but hold your arms shoulder height. Round 3 - drop to lightest weight and hold your arms over your head. This added nice variety but also intensity. Holding 5-8 lbs weights over your head gets heavy, unless your KateTT!

Wednesday - Kristin Dowell Hi/Lo Recharge premix 2 - combos 4-7 + core. Again, I did this premix because the regular workout is about 1 1/2 hours, and I only had 1 hour to workout. This premix was about an hour. I really liked it! Very familiar music from Cathe and KCM. This was a nice steady state, easy to learn workout. And the set is the same as some of KCM's. I noticed that with Sharon's and Amy's workout as well. Looks like they all use the same set. I've noticed that Amy Dixon, Michelle D, Patrick and some of those folks use the same set. Makes sense though. I'm sure there's a limited amount of sets for filming workout dvds. And if the director/producer is the same among the instructors it would make sense to use the same set.

My muscles are definitely feeling being worked differently this week! So it's good I'm mixing things up and trying new-to-me instructors and moves. Keeps my body guessing!

Happy Thursday all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:38 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym!! We are so twins in so many ways! My husband will put a huge steak on the plate, put a teeny sprig of parsley on there and say 'salad' in his best Aussie accent, like that Outback Steakhouse commercial from years ago. And I LOVE Caprese salads and make those all. the. time. in the summer!

I'm going to pick up some butternut squash on our shopping trip this week and give that a go next using your tips.

Just laughing out loud at your post and had to post this really quick. More laters!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:50 PM  
ChelePA

Kate...I heard about snow hitting certain areas. I would love snow if it could just come in milder temps...haha. I hate the cold!!!

I wish my family was open to more creative food. My husband is basic meat and potato guy. No seasoning, picky with veggies, etc. No fun!!! My daughter and I are both gluten free and I'm lower carb so there's definitely a variety of sides at our meals.

I am getting excited for Perfect 30! In preparation for Perfect Hiit, I did Plyo Hitt One with Abs and included Stretch 1 & 2 at the end. The last time I did this workout was the day I broke my foot. I think I was having PTSD and avoiding this one. It is tough stuff in a short period of time. Also, really like that Cathe has some standing abs in the bonus. I wish she would do a core section with standing exercises only in a future DVD.

We've been trying to spend time with my mom since we are having beautiful weather. Took her out to eat yesterday on an outdoor patio. And maybe today we will go for dessert. Temps in the 70s. Wish I could bottle it up for the upcoming holidays. It makes me sad that we won't be with family this year. Will have to come up with something creative to celebrate.

Sorry to hear about those getting Covid. It has also affected our family. My godson had it a few months back and never had any symptoms. My niece' s boyfriend just got diagnosed. So frustrating because someone had it at work and didn't tell anyone for 4 days. He lost his sense of smell and taste. Also, cough and sore muscles. No fever. My niece has tested negative so far. She is going to get another test in a few days. It's scary because you never know how you will react. Hoping youth helps him recover without any long term issues. Stay safe all!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 05:34 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Gosh, I just ordered KCM's Kickboxing and Train Like a Contender DVDs because I've finally discovered her shorter kickboxing segments in my giant pile of KCM DVDs and I actually really like them because her combinations aren't overly complex, not especially knee tweaky and just outright fun! They are a great alternative to more traditional hi-lo floor aerobics and she usually has a modifier for low impact. I was inspired to explore my shelf after I got Amped Up Cardio and did it a second time and then realized it's very kickboxing/boxing heavy so worth checking out other stuff to see if it's similar. Really looking forward to the DVDs I ordered from Mary at Total Fitness DVDs
[B]Tiffanywu I hope you like the Kickboxing dvd. IMO it’s even more fun than Kelly’s more recent offerings. I was really surprised how much I liked it. The combinations just felt really good and fit great with the music. It was a total blast!
Old 10-22-20, 05:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello fierce friends!

Today was Cathe Live 230, Twenty Five, because it was a little bit of everything without being too much strength (I'm sore!) or cardio (I'm tired!). I was surprised how sweaty I got though!

I'm so sorry to those of you who know people with the virus. Hope they recover quickly and without issue.

Cataddict and Manleym, yay, join me in being a maniac, hah hah hah (just kidding, FOLV!)

Horusosiris, I'm SO JEALOUS! Mine aren't scheduled for delivery until Monday but I'll believe that when I see it.

KateTT, thanks for the STS info. I so want it! I might have to PM you later as we get closer to deal time. And dang it, Nathalie and KateTT, I need some 30-pound dumbbells and yeah, why is there STILL a shortage?? That can't be right.

ChelePA, I'm gluten-free too and as a result, my husband largely is...unless we go out to eat and then he's not. But yes, it's hard sometimes at meal times when I want to eat one way and he wants to eat another! And I don't have kids to throw into the mix. Glad you got through Plyo HIIT despite the PTSD over it. I'd have PTSD over that too!

Oh, no, Kim, la la la la la I'm ignoring you and your FUN you had with KCM because I have a feeling I'd like it too if you did!

Tiffanywu, the way I read your post made me think you have a pile of KCM you haven't tried yet? If that's true, you're in such good company here, hah! Heck, even if not, you're still in good company here. Welcome!!

That's all I got for now Watulans. Stay fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 11:57 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

manleym -- got your messages, sorry for the confusion and hope you'll enjoy the SASEs

I just received my new KCMs from Mary so expect to try them in the next week -- woot!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 12:04 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

Cataddict and Manleym, yay, join me in being a maniac, hah hah hah (just kidding, FOLV!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I just received my new KCMs from Mary so expect to try them in the next week -- woot!
tiffanywu while kittybug, manley and cataddict flashdance around us....

why don't you share which KCMs you're planning on doing and if they are in my collection I will be happy to join you for a KCM sesh.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 12:09 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Oy vey, I'm not that organized -- I usually mull on my options for the morning the night before! But I must say 70% of my workouts over the last two weeks have been KCM (and I work out daily) so that tells you she's my go-to instructor Just join me in the KCM bandwagon! In the next week or two, I will definitely rip the shrink wrap off Kickboxing and Train Like a Contender and also revisit LIFT, Muscle Definition, Build & Burn and Body Design.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in