Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-19, 11:21 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I got my workouts WAY early (yay!!) and did this one yesterday and didn't realize how short it was until the step portion was over and left me wanting more!

I did the premix with the abs and extended stretch just to taste everything available on the DVD. After doing a lot of intense core work with various barre workouts and Horizontal Conditioning, the abs section was just meh for me. So the next time I do this workout, I will most certainly do the double blast or double it premix instead and skip everything else.

That being said, while it wasn't the intensity I'd expect from any Imax, it certainly was fun and creative in a new but still Cathe way, and I did definitely enjoy it!
I’m sorry that this wasn’t enjoyable for you. I guess your loss might be my gain since what you describe sounds like exactly what I was hoping for.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 11:37 AM  
JezthePuff2

I am ALL for a less-intense I-Max!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 11:45 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Is the intensity of IMAX 4 about the same intensity as Low Max? I usually do four segments of Low Max, so the shorter workout is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
I am ALL for a less-intense I-Max!
Agree!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 12:07 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Is the intensity of IMAX 4 about the same intensity as Low Max? I usually do four segments of Low Max, so the shorter workout is fine with me.

Agree!
It's been years since I had or did Low Max...I can't remember! I hope somebody else can answer that!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 12:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm planning on doing IMAX 4 later today, and since I now have the DVD I will do the 68 minute premix that doubles the blasts. I want a challenging IMAX. If I'm doing something that is called MAX, it needs to be MAX to me!

Also upthread someone mentioned there were 6 repeats of the choreo pattern before the blasts. That's been the pattern in all the earlier iterations IIRC, and for me at least that's been enough or I could get tired of it.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 12:53 PM  
Shelbygirl

I did IMAX 4 yesterday and liked it a lot. I think it's a bit less intense than Low Max. Since there are 10 sections and the overall workout is around 45 minutes, each step routine and blast are shorter than they are in Low Max. Since they are shorter, they seem less intense to me.

That being said, IMAX 4 is just what I was looking for. I also only normally do Low Max one half at a time. With IMAX 4, the workout in its entirety was doable and the time flew by.

There were just two blasts that I didn't like; both involved putting weight on your wrists and kicking back your feet (burpees? squat thrusts? I forget what these moves are called). I improvised on these two blasts and it worked out fine.

Shelbygirl

[QUOTE=Susan H;2852190]Is the intensity of IMAX 4 about the same intensity as Low Max? I usually do four segments of Low Max, so the shorter workout is fine with me.
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 12:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I'm planning on doing IMAX 4 later today, and since I now have the DVD I will do the 68 minute premix that doubles the blasts. I want a challenging IMAX. If I'm doing something that is called MAX, it needs to be MAX to me!

Also upthread someone mentioned there were 6 repeats of the choreo pattern before the blasts. That's been the pattern in all the earlier iterations IIRC, and for me at least that's been enough or I could get tired of it.
Let me know how this goes because that's the one I plan to do when I do this workout again next time!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 01:35 PM  
lavna

I'm disapointed because it was announced as an advanced series. It look more like a LITE2 than an advanced series. This is not what I was expecting.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 02:00 PM  
Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbygirl View Post

There were just two blasts that I didn't like; both involved putting weight on your wrists and kicking back your feet (burpees? swat thrusts? I forget what these moves are called). I improvised on these two blasts and it worked out fine.

Shelbygirl
Do you mind sharing how you modified? I cannot weight bear on my wrists and I'm always looking for good modifications that still keep the intensity up. TIA!

P90X Graduate - 11/20/08-2/17/09

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

"Above all, don't fear difficult moments. The best comes from them." - Rita Levi-Montalcini
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 02:33 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I'm disapointed because it was announced as an advanced series. It look more like a LITE2 than an advanced series. This is not what I was expecting.
I have only done the Step Sync DVD so far. But the intensity is definitely intermediate for me. You can increase the intensity by making your step higher or jumping on many of the moves. For me it’s just a fun workout on a lighter day. I love step!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe step boss, step boss, step boss reviews