Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-19, 10:20 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Great replies everyone! So fun! Maybe this will resurrect some of your unused DVDs?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 11:27 AM  
Shelbygirl

I am at the point where I only do workouts by five instructors:

Cathe
KCM
Jessica Smith
Leslie Sansone
Suzanne Bowen

I used to love workouts by Ilaria, Mindy Mylrea, Susan Chung, etc, but I have been slowly offering all these up on the Share the Wealth thread. I don't necessarily dislike these workouts now, I just have zero interest in doing them (and I hate seeing them go unused, so I'm getting rid of them).

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 12:15 PM  
bubbles76

It's so funny to me when this happens . Some of the time I physically just can't do the workouts anymore, but other times I've just lost the love. Workouts I can think of off the top of my head that went from RAVE to MEH:
  • Results 10 Days to a Better Body
  • Amy Bento Hi Lo Extreme
  • Tracey Staehle Hi Lo Med Ball
  • Tracey Staehle Steady State Step
  • One of Tracey Staehle kickboxing, can't recall the name
  • Rainbeau Mars Yoga - it's her voice. She sounds like a Kardashian. I still do the workouts, as I do love them, I just pretend it's Kim teachinng me yoga.
  • Turbo Jam - the cheesy, hamming, over the top expressions makes me gag now.
  • A couple of Kelly Coffey Meyer workouts that I used to really like, can't recall the names now.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 12:50 PM  
Hsim

I was doing Cathe Low Impact Sweat from the ICE series the other day and it came into my head that I just wasn't feeling the love. In the first place alot of the moves she uses these days are repetitive from series to series and I'm just not digging the single muscle group add ins. I would much prefer an upper body muscle meltdown to a muscle meltdown just for the back or the shoulders or the triceps.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 04:52 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
[*]Rainbeau Mars Yoga - it's her voice. She sounds like a Kardashian. I still do the workouts, as I do love them, I just pretend it's Kim teachinng me yoga.
Haha this makes me laugh so much because I just did a few Rainbeau DVDs over the course of a few days, and it never occurred to me that she has a bit of a Kardashian vibe, but you're right. I actually posted a photo of my yoga mat on Instagram and tagged Rainbeau in it, and she replied with a heart and added my post to her Instastory. I was a little bit starstruck for a minute.

On a side note related to the main topic, today I just did Jackie Warner's Xtreme Timesaver Training from 2010 which I used to really like, and I was NOT feeling it to the point where I may completely ditch that one. I like Jackie's "bootcamp with a heart" style and low-key attitude, and the moves aren't too hard per se, but the specific muscle group focus on a lot of shoulders with not much abs and not much biceps or even cardio was just not working for me. The length is good, and I felt challenged, but I didn't have a big calorie burn and it just felt blah.
Old 04-26-19, 05:50 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
All the time! But, given enough time, they often swing back to "rave" again. That's I've parted with/reacquired certain workouts multiple times.
So true!

Right now, after DECADES, I find I'm losing my love for my Firm workouts .
Not so much dread factor as just boring & bleh to me now. I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent type of workout though...

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 09:10 PM  
bjones

For me, its complex step choreography by Cathe. Even when I can follow it adequately, I still hate it. I used to love it!!! Not sure really why I changed so much.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 04:51 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
So true!

Right now, after DECADES, I find I'm losing my love for my Firm workouts .
Not so much dread factor as just boring & bleh to me now. I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent type of workout though...
I am in the same quandry with my Firms, I just don't have an overwhelming desire to do them anymore but hesitate to part with them and they were my favorites for years. I never thought I would be at this point with them but I am.

I will probably try and run through them again and see how I feel, being that it's been awhile maybe they will feel new again. Who knows.

They were more suitable for me when I was younger, whereas now I don't want to do all that standing lower body work anymore, I think the Firm can be overkill in that regard, my hips bark at all the leg presses.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 10:40 AM  
angie_nrs

Meh to Rave for me.....

I haven't had a scheduled "rotation" for years now. I don't know if that's a good thing for me or not, but I'm so used to just picking out a w/o for the day and doing it. I like the freedom but I'm not sure how that is affecting my fitness per se. Anyways, I have started picking out some workouts in the Cathe series that has party rocking step in them. I don't know if that series has a name? The Legs and Abs workout is just amazing! I don't know why I didn't click with this series when I first got it, but now I am in love!

I'm also pulling out more of my Gin Miller oldie step workouts. Such fun! It sure brings back memories. I used to know every single step and change coming up and now I have to go off her cueing, but it comes back fast.
Old 04-27-19, 10:53 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
Anyways, I have started picking out some workouts in the Cathe series that has party rocking step in them. I don't know if that series has a name? The Legs and Abs workout is just amazing!
I've just recently discovered these too and am wondering what the heck took me so long! (And yes, did that series have a name??)
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote