Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-16, 11:26 AM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live Cross Fire Quick Fix Plus Core. This is an express workout in which you do cardio drills and then core and you are done in 34 minutes. The cardio drills are body weight or use a band. Many of the cardio exercises are high impact but can easily be modified to low or no impact. The exercises are done in groups and then repeated.

I was looking forward to this workout because it was a Cathe Live express cardio workout. Unfortunately, I did not particularly enjoy this workout perhaps because of the selection of exercises and it did not flow for me. I doubt that I will do this one again. if I want to do a Cathe express cardio workout then I will do one of Cathe's DVD premixes which I enjoy more.

I really wish that Cathe would do a 30 minute Cathe Live express total body workout. I would even enjoy an hour Cathe live workout in which the weight and cardio components could easily be separated and done on different days.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 04:36 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I did Cathe Live Cross Fire Quick Fix Plus Core. Unfortunately, I did not particularly enjoy this workout perhaps because of the selection of exercises and it did not flow for me. I doubt that I will do this one again. if I want to do a Cathe express cardio workout then I will do one of Cathe's DVD premixes which I enjoy more.

I really wish that Cathe would do a 30 minute Cathe Live express total body workout. I would even enjoy an hour Cathe live workout in which the weight and cardio components could easily be separated and done on different days.
I only previewed the Cross Fire Quick Fix and knew I will never do it. I will probably do the core work, but the drills just look awful to me.

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but:

Step and Pump Live is a 60 minute workout with half an hour of step, followed by half an hour of upper, lower and core work.

Push Pull Live is a 40 minute total body workout.

Strong Total Body is a 40 minute total body workout. With core it's 47 minutes.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 04:50 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I only previewed the Cross Fire Quick Fix and knew I will never do it. I will probably do the core work, but the drills just look awful to me.

Step and Pump Live is a 60 minute workout with half an hour of step, followed by half an hour of upper, lower and core work.

Thanks Wendy
I have done all of the workouts that you have named. I haven't done them in a while and I must not have noted what you have outlined in my notes about the workouts. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 08-19-16, 08:47 PM  
jenn38

Quote:

I only previewed also. There was no fun factor to me. I think I'm getting sick of drill style cardio, I want some fun steady state.
Old 08-19-16, 09:07 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
I only previewed also. There was no fun factor to me. I think I'm getting sick of drill style cardio, I want some fun steady state.
Yes!!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-16, 05:18 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
i only previewed also. There was no fun factor to me. I think i'm getting sick of drill style cardio, i want some fun steady state.

2+ FUN steady state would be so nice.
Old 08-20-16, 06:43 AM  
wendy2

I generally hate drills, but there are times that I can get through a Cathe Live drill based workout because of the energy of the class, Cathe's attitude, etc. But for the most part, they are uncomfortable if not painful to my back and knees. When they aren't repeated it makes it easier to get through--the boredom and dread factor are so high when it's just he same few moves over and over...

All that said, I just saw that Cathe and her mom took a flight to Florida after class--looks like they are taking a little vacation together--so I respect her for doing a Live at all that morning, and definitely understand why she did a quickie!

I don't think she'd consider it, but on a day when she has to make it short, I would love it if she would do a warm up (10 minutes), core (10-15 minutes) and extended stretch (15-20 minutes) workout. That way we'd have a longer stretch we could tack on to some of the other Live workouts that seem to skimp a little on stretching. Hi Nancy at Cathe.com--if you're reading this put a bug in Cathe's ear, would ya?
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-16, 09:41 AM  
upperwside

Did cross fire quick fix on Thursday. I love drill style cardio.. so I loved it. Short and I feel I got a good quick cardio/leg workout.. due to all the plyometric moves. I did PHAT 2 the day before and just wanted a simple cardio workout. This did it for me. Basically.. right now.. I'm only using Cathe live. I'm going to do STS again starting in September .. so a workout like quick fix will be used often in that STS rotation as quick cardio on off lifting days.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-16, 03:11 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
I don't think she'd consider it, but on a day when she has to make it short, I would love it if she would do a warm up (10 minutes), core (10-15 minutes) and extended stretch (15-20 minutes) workout. That way we'd have a longer stretch we could tack on to some of the other Live workouts that seem to skimp a little on stretching. Hi Nancy at Cathe.com--if you're reading this put a bug in Cathe's ear, would ya?
I would love a longer core and stretch workout to add on on days when I have more time and stand alone on mornings when I'm short on time. I also really wish she would film a treadmill workout (like KCM's Home Gym Intervals). I love Live but can't help wondering how much better it could be if Cathe would think outside the box. She owns the gym so she shouldn't be limited to filming during her Thursday morning time slot. There's so much potential there with all that gym equipment.

Having said that, I have a torn rotator cuff and bicep tendon that requires surgery so I will be out of the game for a while .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-16, 03:38 PM  
suzannaerin

I would love more low impact workouts. Or a body weight workout... I love the standing portion of buns, barre, and ball.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung