Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-14, 06:53 PM  
afirmrose

I preordered mine from Mary so mine have not shipping yet.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 10:29 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just did the Tone Your Trouble Zones Buns and Thighs walk (and loved it!) Jessica is so creative with her choreography, still keeping things simple yet changing things up so you don't get bored! I also love that she films her workouts outside in a beautiful setting!

I had stopped using my Leslie Sansone workouts because I got so burned out on Leslie. Seemed like every workout was the same, no matter what new releases she put out. I bet I hadn't used my walk workout in about three years...seriously!

When Jessica started putting out a walking workout I thought how different can they be, right? So glad she put some new ones out for us!

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 11:50 AM  
horsemom2

Very glad I waited for the new DVDs so I could have options for my own personal use and hope Jessica continues to produce DVDS and doesn't go exclusively to digital downloads with a special viewer.

I was not crazy about the music in the Latin Dance Walk so replaced it and now lurve it. When doing the second Dance Walk, I found I didn't need to watch the TV at all because the cuing was so easy to follow so I ripped it to a MP3 file to play on my mobile phone when staying in a hotel room (we go to Atlantic city a few nights each month). I could have copied the video to the phone but this way it uses less space for storing and less power for playing on a very tiny screen.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 12:16 PM  
pharma_gal

Are the DVD walks different enough from the youtube walks and worth having. I am about to order them..Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 01:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I prefer her DVDs for the outdoor setting alone. I have done a few of her youtube workouts (and while they're good) she's indoors for many of the workouts. While the Buns and Thigh Walking DVD is very similar to what she'd already done on youtube, I like the outdoor setting so much better. She still does a few of the same moves, oompa-loompa walking from side to side, for example, but it feels different enough. I also like watching her mom and friend working out with her, instead of Jessica just by herself. In this way, some of the moves are better able to be modified up or down with her having exercisers in the video with her. The High Engergy walk I did yesterday was terrific with her friend doing more of the advanced version.

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 03:08 PM  
zoegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Are the DVD walks different enough from the youtube walks and worth having. I am about to order them..Thanks!
I love them but I kinda miss Peanut.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 03:20 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm actually okay walking without Peanut in the background.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 04:15 PM  
carole r.

I've bought a lot of Jessica's workouts on download. They work great with my ipad, iphone, or Mac with Apple TV. Since getting these, I've purchased two of Petra Kolber's Dance workouts on download. The player works great. I love the new workouts and also love Jessica's YouTube workouts.
Old 04-05-14, 10:54 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I tried the Buns & Thighs walk from Tone Your Trouble Zone and enjoyed it. Usually, I don't enjoy her DVD workouts as much as her YouTube workouts because the energy just isn't the same. But, this one had a better energy. It seemed fun and effective. And, her mom is a good modifier (and I always need modifications!).

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 01:43 PM  
Leonana

I ordered mine on Monday and got them Thursday. I haven't had a chance to try them out.

I have done the Fusion Walk from Walk On: Strength, and liked it even more than her you tube workouts. The outdoor scenery is nice, and I like having two other exercisers in the video. I enjoyed watching the boat go by, lol. It was also a really good walk routine. I did miss Peanut though! I also really love the Barre dvd.

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith tv, walking workouts