Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-16, 07:49 PM  
T2B

The Walking Dead Season 7!!! (spoilers included)...

Do we still have fans here? Come on in!

I was po'd about Season 6 for a few months but I still plan to watch the new season to see if they recover from that lame finale cliffhanger.

What have you been watching?

I just finished Season 2 of Mr. Robot, love that show.

Also watching Fear the Walking Dead. Still not great but I like it enough to continue watching. Madison can go as far as I'm concerned.

Watching The Strain - I read the books so had to watch this!

I'm also watching Z Nation. This one makes me laugh out loud. I love watching Syfy shows - the cheesier, the better.

Anyway, hope everyone has enjoyed the break from TWD and that you're looking forward to the new season.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:59 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
when does the new season start ?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 01:21 PM  
T2B

October 23rd.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 09-29-16, 01:42 PM  
MARIKA

T2B, Why did you think the finale sucked? I thought it was intense.
Old 09-29-16, 01:48 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
T2B, Why did you think the finale sucked? I thought it was intense.
I hated that it was a cliffhanger especially after the Glen dumpster debacle. I wanted to know who was killed after that long build-up of terrorizing the crew for the whole finale episode .

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 09-29-16, 04:38 PM  
acey

.......some spoilers for FTWD and strong rumors about TWD....

The popular guess as to who died is Glenn of course. Many are saying it may be both Glenn and Abraham. Others think it could be Maggie ... whoever it is, I'm gonna cry. Theoretically, if it was both Glenn and Abe, can you imagine the devastation of Tara, who will come back from her run and find out she not only lost her girlfriend, but half her "GREAT-M" crew?

I've been watching FTWD and think the actors are finally getting into their stride. I like Madison and think she's turning into a leader much like the early Rick. I love that a woman is playing the leader. Her relationship with her daughter is turning very poignant. And Travis's relationship with Chris - well, Chris is going full Shane!

I'm annoyed at Ofelia for taking off and I wonder if her father is really dead. And what the hell happened to the girl who survived the plane crash? I was so psyched at the idea of finally seeing an Asian American woman alive in the Walking Dead world! And I really wish we could see Tobias again - another underdog who might find his role in this world, like Daryl.
Old 09-29-16, 06:26 PM  
BunnyHop

I disliked the end of the last season so much that I've decided not to keep watching. What's his name the supposed badass doesn't strike me as being any different than any of the other thugs, and the smugness of it all really annoys me.

I wasn't a fan of the comic before the show came along mostly because I just wasn't familiar with it at all, but parts of the show were compelling enough to keep me wondering what happens next for these people so that I kept watching season after season.

I think I'm done, now, though.

I really did hate the way they manipulated the audience last season with the whole 'Glenn is dead' fake out.

Mostly it just seems like there's nothing but badness and misery for that world and its people, and honestly I've got better things to do than watch that.

My own life is stressful enough, thanks. (And yeah, I do have sleeping issues, and intense tv shows can sometimes make it worse. I've gotten along a lot better since switching to a less intense sort of entertainment. The new show The Good Place, for example, is hilarious, and just what I need.)

I totally understand how other people might want to keep watching TWD, after all I did watch every episode up til now.
Old 09-29-16, 07:31 PM  
T2B

Bunnyhop - I'm curious to see where they're going to go with the show. I'm definitely over the one note villains. Love Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the actor, but not looking forward to seeing him in his new role.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 09-29-16, 07:34 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
.......some spoilers for FTWD and strong rumors about TWD....

The popular guess as to who died is Glenn of course. Many are saying it may be both Glenn and Abraham. Others think it could be Maggie ... whoever it is, I'm gonna cry. Theoretically, if it was both Glenn and Abe, can you imagine the devastation of Tara, who will come back from her run and find out she not only lost her girlfriend, but half her "GREAT-M" crew?

I've been watching FTWD and think the actors are finally getting into their stride. I like Madison and think she's turning into a leader much like the early Rick. I love that a woman is playing the leader. Her relationship with her daughter is turning very poignant. And Travis's relationship with Chris - well, Chris is going full Shane!

I'm annoyed at Ofelia for taking off and I wonder if her father is really dead. And what the hell happened to the girl who survived the plane crash? I was so psyched at the idea of finally seeing an Asian American woman alive in the Walking Dead world! And I really wish we could see Tobias again - another underdog who might find his role in this world, like Daryl.

Re: Madison - she annoys me because she has the same expression no matter what emotions she's trying to convey. I don't think she has any chemistry with Travis. Travis had more chemistry with Liza. I wish they hadn't killed Liza, that could have made for some interesting stories. But, I guess if Liza was still alive then Chris wouldn't be a mess right now. Madison risked Stand's life by butting in at the grocery story and the life of everyone else at the hotel when she turned all the lights on. She makes rules and is the first person to break those rules. And how can I forget, who gets drunk during a zombie apocalypse? And, she's responsible for the death of Celia. Celia was no angel but Madison didn't seem to be too bothered about locking her in that cell.

I like Alicia, I like Travis without Madison and I would love to see the evolution of Chris to full Shane mode.

Thanks for the TWD spoilers. Not good news.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 09-29-16, 08:48 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Bunnyhop - I'm curious to see where they're going to go with the show. I'm definitely over the one note villains. Love Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the actor, but not looking forward to seeing him in his new role.
This is it exactly.

One note villains.

I love a show with intriguing villains, but predictable thugs are just not interesting to me.

And I agree on Jeffrey Dean Morgan. This character? Just not interesting to me.

Somehow after realizing how much thought I'd put into thinking about the show and the characters, I'm thinking I'll likely backslide and watch the first few episodes. My concern is that they might live down to my expectations, and that would be disappointing.

Tags
way off topic