Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-13, 09:53 AM  
fagiles

I think these will be streaming workouts. It would be nice if she had at least a 14 day trial. If I decide to go with it, I will cancel my Pound streaming subscription that I am not really using. It will be interesting to see her beginner workouts because the others are more than I can really handle at this point.

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 10:13 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagiles View Post
I think these will be streaming workouts. It would be nice if she had at least a 14 day trial. If I decide to go with it, I will cancel my Pound streaming subscription that I am not really using. It will be interesting to see her beginner workouts because the others are more than I can really handle at this point.

Felecia
I hope not, Felecia as I can't do streaming. I sent an email to Zuzka to see what their format will be. Will report back as soon as I hear!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 11:13 AM  
amoodygirl

Well, got my reply from Zuzka's site - which wasn't any kind of reply

I'm really turned off about the lack of transparency on Zuzka's site now. I sent them an email (will post the exchange below) and the response was to tweet Zuzka during her twitter session on 6/12. Seriously? What kind of answer was this!!!! Why can't you tell me if they are streamed or downloads? I'm totally turned off now.

Here's my email:

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Diane Engoron <dengoron@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning!

Quick question regarding zGym. I’m totally excited about Zuzka’s new venture but need to know if these will be streamed or downloads. I cannot stream to my workout area  so I’m hoping these are downloads.

Thanks in advance for your response!

Here's the response:

From: Customer Service [mailto:customer.service@zuzkalight.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:44 AM
To: Diane Engoron
Subject: Re: Zuzkalight.com Customer Service Inquiry

You can check it out then for more details about the new ZGYM. Zuzka will also be doing a live twitter chat at 5pm PST on Wednesday June 12th to answer any questions about her new Zgym. You can tweet her @zuzkalight using the hashtag #ZGYM.

Diane
Old 06-06-13, 12:07 PM  
olala

I think, 10$ is pricey for 4 short workouts. Besides, she is going to lose all international followers who do not have Paypal.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:15 PM  
carres1973

amoodygirl - that was not a very helpful answer. For those of us who don't "tweet", how are we supposed to find out information? I tried to go to her website a couple hours ago to see if there was more information and the site wouldn't load and actually hung up my computer...

If I am going to pay $10/month (and I don't know why I would since I don't regularly do ZWow's...but probably will because I am a vidiot...) I want to know the website is going to be speedy and the videos won't have any lag time. So far, the evidence is to the contrary.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:38 PM  
kat_b

Yes, 4 ZWOWs, but, as she is promoting it, there are also going to be a number of ZShreds, a beginners series and possibly some other videos. That's more than 4.

We each have to make our own decisions on where we put our money, but I will throw in what is rolling around in my brain:
  • amazon/itunes charge around 1.99 for a 20 min. episode of a t.v. show, so it's somewhat comparable [IF you can download and keep the workouts]. Ironically enough, I do find $2 for a broadcast T.V. episode pricey. Go figure. I'm willing to spend more on exercise than T.V.
  • some other more relatable frames of reference: the Turbulence Training group was about the same price ($10/month) with one paper workout a month when I belonged (it's $20/month now, still with one workout, but maybe he does video). Valerie Waters' group was $20/month with a paper workout a quarter, but chats with her every few weeks and a forum exclusively for members. Virtual Skogg is $30/month (I don't know if his workouts are downloadable--not knowing if they are has kept my wallet safe). I think there is a similar site for barre (I'm not much for that type of workout, so I don't know the name). How much do those run?

Ah well, all that said, if I can't download them, I'm still likely to pass.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:43 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
amoodygirl - that was not a very helpful answer. For those of us who don't "tweet", how are we supposed to find out information?
You don't have to register with twitter to see her twitter page. Just go here:
https://twitter.com/ZuzkaLight

It looks like she is telling everyone to come back next Wed. at 5:00 PT for details on ZGYM. It's like Cathe's announcement of an announcement

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:52 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I noticed there have been a lot of nasty comments on Zuzana's page regarding zGym. There are a few people who have calculated that she could make x amount of dollars per month and that the subscribers would be funding her extravagant lifestyle, blah, blah, blah. IMO, I think it's pretty unfair. Any thoughts?

Diane
I'm willing to bet a subscription those are fans of the new Bodyrock and the ex husband. I mean, gee, forget the fans, she should just curl up and die alone, right? (very sarcastic).

She puts out really good workouts and some of the cheapest DVDs out there. She has a right to make an honest living and her lifestyle, based on her furniture, is hardly 'extravagant'. Plus living in LA is expensive no matter how you slice it.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:58 PM  
amoodygirl

Zuzana just responded to a question I posted on her FB page:

"No one's responded because my ZGYM is not open till the 10th, next Monday! There you will find out more! Stay tuned"

And I responded: "That's a ridiculous answer, Zuzana! You know if the format will be downloads or streaming. That makes a difference to a lot of people if they can join! I don't get the secrecy!"

I'm confused and a little pissed off!

Diane

Diane
Old 06-06-13, 01:02 PM  
LoveVA

Last time I checked, she isn't running a charity, but the angry posters on her website must think that she should do exactly that. I don't think it's all just new Bodyrockers, though. I remember working for a firm that provided really high-quality, and more importantly, free content. When that firm decided to start charging for web access, the onslaught of nasty comments was amazing. You give people something for free, they feel entitled to it for forever and seem downright insulted that someone would dare charge money for it.

Now whether $10 is the right amount is another matter depending on how much content will be available and in what format, but if she feels like she should get more compensation for the workouts she produces, so be it.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zuzana, zuzana light, zuzka, zwow