Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-02, 02:25 PM  
DJ*
VF Supporter

Re: which are beginner, intermediate, advanced?

Hi Grace!
Like I said in my first post, there's a wide range of opinions on what could be considered beginner, intermediate and advanced with the FIRMs. Many of them will "grow with you" (see the list on my previous post). You can start these with NO weights for more of a beginner level, then increase the weight as you improve. You should be able to use many of them well into the advanced level. Also, I gave a link to Paula Z's website. She DOES put the FIRMs into beg, int and adv levels.

As for the moves you find difficult, it's always best to work on FORM before adding WEIGHTS. So don't use the barbell or dumbbells for now. You don't have to use the amount or type of weight suggested in the videos. (I rarely do. And I never use a barbell. I prefer dumbbells.) If your form for lunges isn't as good without the dowel just yet, by all means use the dowel! Heavy weights with bad form is just asking for injury. Use the amount of weights (if any) that will allow you to complete most of the reps with good form. If you can barely do the last 2 reps, you're using the right amount of weight. If the first rep is tough, your weights are too heavy.

IMO, The FIRM tends to emphasize shoulders, biceps and glutes. Can't really speak for the Basics or Prime Powers, since I don't have those. Sorry.
DJ* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm rotation, lablover's rotations, paula z, successful weight loss, the firm success stories