Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-04, 10:21 AM  
cmayes71

Has anyone had results with the firm?

I have lots of firms mainly new ones. I was wondering if anyone has seen real results with them. I've been tempted by beachbody and others but since I've got so many firms I wonder if they would work? I have been sedentary for the past year or so. I have just about all the new firms and the pack for sale on qvc for 18.00. I hate to spend time and energy on workouts that won't give me any results. I am looking to trim up and gain muscle definition all over.

Mainly I need to get up off my rear.

Cindy
cmayes71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 10:44 AM  
new2me

Cindy, I got results with the Firm. I had not worked out before that. I was 50 pounds over my ideal weight and was run down all the time. I ordered the BSS1 from QVC and used that for the first month--following the rotation that came with the package. I ordered the supplemental workouts for that series next and started incorporating those in. I basically did the Firm, but added in a little extra cardio with Leslie Sansone. I started eating better around the 2nd month in. I didn't lose a lot of weight in the beginning--only about 6 pounds the first month, but I had TONS more energy so felt like working out more and I was losing inches. I lost 44 pounds and somewhere around 45 inches with basically the Firm workouts. The real weight loss didn't come until the 6 month mark, so be patient. I think they are a wonderful place to start. I have since moved on to Cathe Friedrich and now BeachBody's P90X to further to up my fitness to the next level.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 11:21 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

The FIRM gives me better, faster results than anything else, including Cathe.

I'm going to be using only FIRMs until my hubby's 20 yr HS reunion in August. I'm confident that I will look great in my sleeveless dress.

I don't see how one can outgrow them since you keep increasing the weight, but maybe that's just me.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 11:21 AM  
Stasi

My theory is that, if you have been sedentary for some time, if your fitness level is low and you have some extra pounds, then any activity really will give you results. Because doing something is better then nothing. I've seen my first results with Kathy Smith - Functionally Fit. Firm, however, did not give me any results, I found it too easy. During Calorie Killer 2, I did not even break a sweat, so I traded it. But my fitness level was much higher when I purchased Firm. I can tell you that Cathe step cardio (such as I-Max) will give you results for sure!
Old 06-08-04, 11:32 AM  
Davida

What will give you results is what you will DO consistently. The newer FIRM workouts are very doable and fun and a great way to get started. Then, as you get stronger you can add heavier weights and keep on being challenged. I do advanced Cathe workouts and still get challenged by the FIRM just using heavier weights. No, Calorie Killer is not comparable to advanced Cathe step workouts but it sure would challenge someone who has not worked out for a year! IMO trying to do too hard stuff when you're just starting or just starting back is the best way to SABOTAGE your efforts!!!

Davida
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 11:55 AM  
kksg13

I started exercising w/ walk away the pounds and graduated to the firm. Before I found the firm I didn't know what 'results' were.

I immediately toned up all over and thanks to the firm 5 day abs started to FINALLY see some ab definition. Maybe I need to break that one out again.....
kksg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 11:58 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

I started with the Firm, so they have a special place in my heart! Yes, sure you can get results with them...you just need to do them. Start back slowly and build up. Once you've been doing those for a while, branch out with other workouts. I think that Beachbody & Cathe both make super workouts, but there are lots of other great instructors. Good luck and tell us how you're doing!
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 08:20 PM  
Anny

Me, Me, Me! Yes - I have had great results with the FIRM. I have been working out for three years consistently ( hit and miss before then). And working out consistently with videos since December 2002. This last 5 weeks I have mostly been doing the FIRM ( BSS1 and the 6 add ons, BSS2 and the three part abs DVD). I throw in some Taebo and Cindy Crawford.

In four weeks I had lost 2 kg ( over 4 lbs) and gone done a size in pants.

Something about the FIRM and their mix of cardio and weights did it for me, I think.

I am also seeing more defintion in my abs - especially upper abs.

I find its easy to up the weights and impact if I need to, on some of the workouts. And they show modificatins for beginners, if you are a beginner, that is.

Tags
the firm success stories