Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-21, 08:15 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

So sorry you are struggling! CoVid is so weird - I know folks who have had horrible cases and folks who barely knew they had it.

I would suggest very short walks and some gentle pilates workouts. Pilates Nest has a playlist of 5 to 10 minute gentle pilates workouts on YouTube, including one chair pilates workout: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...etmtk0ZO8peQfI.

Hope you are better soon ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 08:35 PM  
rhbrand

Take it easy. So many people, even with mild cases, are finding out they now have perm. heart and or lung damage after Covid. So give yourself a break.
Old 01-17-21, 08:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Take it easy. So many people, even with mild cases, are finding out they now have perm. heart and or lung damage after Covid. So give yourself a break.
Agreed. Give yourself some grace. Talk to your doctor as well - make sure you are okay to start back slowly.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:25 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I'm so sorry, Marilyn. You might want to look for some workouts that can be done seated for a while until some of your strength and energy returns. There are some great chair yoga routines on YouTube. If you have Amazon Prime, some of Tracie Long's workouts for seniors are available streaming there; I've done a few of them when I want an active recovery day, and they're extremely gentle but still get you moving a little (and I'm not even a senior, I just like to take it easy sometimes).

It's very scary reading what can happen post-COVID in terms of speed or slowness of recovery. There are others still trying to feel better. Be forgiving and nurturing of yourself.
Yes this!
Please be gentle with yourself as you recover. I recommend sitting in the warm sun (vit D), small walks, and maybe some chair workouts. The last thing you want is to over do it and have a set back.

Best wishes for speedy, full recoveries for all y'all that have had this.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 03:42 PM  
Marilyn

Smile Such a great group of people-thank you!

Thanks so much all of you for your well wishes, support and great suggestions. I will definitely look into them. I actually have about 5 chair yoga videos. I don't know why that idea didn't come to mind. The other thoughts are great as well and I will check them out. My husband and I just did some "organizing" That's actually a "fun" thing we do together since forever-to each his own, right? and now I'm pretty tired. He went to the gym to workout but I am going to lie down for a bit. But I really wanted to thank you all while I was thinking of it. I hope you all stay healthy.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 05:08 PM  
donnamp

I agree with what everyone else said as well - it is best to ease back into it. We don't totally understand COVID and the possible lasting effects of it. Just take it easy and do what you can, baby steps....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 06:47 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
I tested positive for Covid December 15th. I'd say I had a bad case but not so bad I was hospitalized. I'm so frustrated. I have tried to walk, do a short 15 minutes Pilates workout and that was last Sunday and Monday. Nothing since then I was so tired and breathless. I have gone back at work this week but I miss my movement. I had even signed up for The Balanced Life (Robin Long Pilates workouts) thinking they were short and would work but I don't think I am ready for them quite yet. Unfortunately the lingering symptoms are different for everyone and mine are primarily lung related. How long has it taken any of you who have had moderate cases of Covid to return to exercise?
You really need to rest and fully recover. I had a moderate case and when I went back to work I was exhausted. I literally worked and slept. Try to get out in the sun if that's possible.
Old 01-18-21, 12:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Marilyn, I'm sorry you've had to go through this. (((HUGS)))

Insight Timer is a free app that has assorted types of meditation and breathing sessions. Do a search for "breathing." Some sessions are only a few minutes long.

https://insighttimer.com/

Don't rush into anything too strenuous whilst you are healing.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 05:51 AM  
SEV

Marilyn, checking in to find out how you're feeling. Are you getting your strength back?

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 10:34 AM  
susand

it is awful. both dh and i have it. no energy at all. it has been about a week and a half.
his brother was only 48 and passed away from it. i think short walks are about all i can handle right now. ugh! used to doing cathe.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breathing, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, restarting