Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-21, 12:05 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I am continuing my journey to learn step aerobics (trying to set an example for my kids that grown-ups can learn new things... so I can it with a straight face to them!) Thus, this morning, I did Gilad's Step Aerobics for the third time in my life and I can definitely say I'm improving as I probably got 90% of the routine down while using an 8" step (which I haven't tried with other beginner step aerobics routines for fear of twisting my ankle!) And boy was it a challenging cardio workout! I had to take a few breaks to recover between sequences as it was unrelenting and I ran out of water in my water bottle (practically unheard of!) I'm looking forward to using ol' fashioned step aerobics to help me stay conditioned for serious hiking in the colder months, just on those days when it's too wet or windy to get out

In the evening, knowing my muscles needed a good stretch after my morning shenanigans, I de-virginized the "Active Stretch" segment of Jessica Smith's Total Stretch DVD. Very nice, very stretchy, very dynamic and a nice change from yoga (my go-to mobility and flexibility routine). Great scenery too by the beach, same as in her Feel Good Fusion DVD. Highly recommended!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 08:47 AM  
cailleach

YT Pahla B Day 6 Boot your Walk
YT Blogilates Superhero Abs (it was more talking than ab work)
cailleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 09:23 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Thus, this morning, I did Gilad's Step Aerobics for the third time in my life and I can definitely say I'm improving as I probably got 90% of the routine down while using an 8" step (which I haven't tried with other beginner step aerobics routines for fear of twisting my ankle!) And boy was it a challenging cardio workout!
I'm impressed! Using an 8" step to learn step aerobics is tough! Way to go!!!
Old 01-09-21, 12:22 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Thank you for your praise! I'm just glad my knees didn't feel tweaked after that, and earlier this week I attempted Kathy Smith's Step Workout with a 6" step and it was not as kind to my knees... probably because the choreography is just a touch harder. My other "starter" tape is Kathy Kaehler's Basics Workout Class which is somewhere in between these other two steps for my learning curve. I should try Gin Miller's classic Step Reebok the Video (the pioneer!), Kendall Hogan's Crunch The Next Step and Jenny Ford's beginner step offerings on YouTube. I already acquired Kari Anderson's Go and Karen Voight's Energy Sprint in anticipation of my improvements on this front
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dailyworkout, dailyworkout2021, dailyworkouts, dailyworkouts2021