Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-14-20, 01:19 PM  
s2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I like both but the real rope is definitely harder. It requires better core control to help maintain coordination. Avoiding foot tangle and maintaining cadence actually takes ongoing work/ more muscle recruitment. You can slump and let your arms drop if you get tired on the cordless. You'll get a smack if you try that with a real rope

I like the cordless for days when I have already put in a hearty workout and might be tired enough not to keep my form as tight. They are also great for travel or if you are worried about damaging floors or hitting ceilings etc

Yes this. No where near the comparison. Real jumping rope is the real deal

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 02:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Taiga and Sue, i agree. I use a "beaded" rope that allows for less tangling, and a nice smooth "drape" on both the up and down swing.

about the muscle coordination and form, totally true. better form happened for me gradually - i used to do rope skipping during commercial breaks of Gilad's show on "The Health Channel" - exactly 2 or 3 minute stints. an unexpected result was that my abs really toned up. combo of fat burning and as Taiga mentioned, more muscle recruitment.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cordless jump rope, jump rope, ropeless jump rope