Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-20, 08:25 AM  
LoveVA

I won't be able to do any of the new workouts until this weekend. However, I previewed the hiit ones last night. They both look great.

The high impact one has a lot of squat thrusts/burpees. So if that isn't your thing, you've been warned. She does mention, a few times, to modify if necessary.

The low impact looks pretty tough. It is definitely LOW impact, but it is not NO impact. There are quite a few moves in her older low impact hiit workouts where your feet never leave the ground. This isn't the case here. But it is definitely LOW impact. And it looks like it is easy to modify to no impact if you want.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 08:59 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Bubbles- Oh, lucky you! There are some distinct advantages to living in NJ! Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow
Decent bagels, good pizza, and quick access to Cathe workouts
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 09:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I won't be able to do any of the new workouts until this weekend. However, I previewed the hiit ones last night. They both look great.

The high impact one has a lot of squat thrusts/burpees. So if that isn't your thing, you've been warned. She does mention, a few times, to modify if necessary.

The low impact looks pretty tough. It is definitely LOW impact, but it is not NO impact. There are quite a few moves in her older low impact hiit workouts where your feet never leave the ground. This isn't the case here. But it is definitely LOW impact. And it looks like it is easy to modify to no impact if you want.
LoveVa That's helpful!! Thanks for the heads up. I thought as much from her clip and have tried to prepare ways to modify just in case.

You may not be able to answer this from previewing, so that's ok if you can't, but do you think having a high step set up nearby would be in the way of the moves?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 09:30 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
LoveVa That's helpful!! Thanks for the heads up. I thought as much from her clip and have tried to prepare ways to modify just in case.

You may not be able to answer this from previewing, so that's ok if you can't, but do you think having a high step set up nearby would be in the way of the moves?
So the only equipment needed for the hiit workouts is a step with 2 risers on each side, but only for the bonus segment. There is no equipment needed for the main workouts. If you don't plan to do the bonus segment you don't need anything at all. There is some side-to-side movement in both workouts and back-to-front movement in the low impact one. I think you could have a high step off to the side, just keep in mind how much you tend to move in side-to-side movement. I'm short, so I don't need that much room for movement.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 09:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
There is some side-to-side movement in both workouts and back-to-front movement in the low impact one. I think you could have a high step off to the side, just keep in mind how much you tend to move in side-to-side movement. I'm short, so I don't need that much room for movement.
Ok that doesn't sound like the cardio choo choos all over the place...cool!
Thank you!!

PERFECT 30 Guide
https://cathe.com/perfect30guide/

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 10-23-20 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added link for the guide
Old 10-24-20, 12:12 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Mine came today! I quarantine my mail for a day or two, so I will try them this weekend!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 08:27 AM  
shoegoddess

Mine are scheduled for today!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 09:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

My tracking says scheduled delivery for today!!!

. .

Old 10-24-20, 10:42 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Mine came today! I quarantine my mail for a day or two, so I will try them this weekend!
I quarantine my mail, too... but when I get my Cathe package, I don't think I can wait!! I'm just going to have to lysol-wipe it down really well.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 11:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Why am I looking at this set? It's too advanced for me and yet......I'm tempted.

Tags
cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect30