Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-20, 12:30 PM  
warriorprincess
 
warriorprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I may just wear a mask for the rest of my life - I like people not being able to tell how old I am. 😄
This and sunglasses is the ticket! I can pass for 20 years younger from the neck down.
__________________
Nancy S.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thought about stopping, then ran harder.
warriorprincess is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 01:06 PM  
Gams
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Yep, Nancy, I always wear my sunglasses, too. I think used to wear makeup almost every day, too, and havenít worn it much at all lately. I wore it last week on my birthday - dressed up to go pick up a pizza for my birthday dinner. 😄 Looked in the mirror and thought ďYou slut!Ē 🤣
Gams is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 01:35 PM  
sherry7899
VF Supporter
 
sherry7899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Yep, Nancy, I always wear my sunglasses, too. I think used to wear makeup almost every day, too, and havenít worn it much at all lately. I wore it last week on my birthday - dressed up to go pick up a pizza for my birthday dinner. 😄 Looked in the mirror and thought ďYou slut!Ē 🤣
You are so funny (and share my son's birthday!)
__________________
"Say you are tired and you will be. Believe you are strong and you are." (Sean O'Malley)

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 02:28 PM  
violingal3
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I bet if there was a chance of winning $50M for wearing a mask, people would wear the mask.
Haha that's a great idea!
violingal3 is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 02:37 PM  
YetAnotherDeb
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eastern Oklahoma
I just saw a headline that WalMart is going to require customers to wear masks. On one hand Iím glad they took that step, but on the other hand I canít imagine how they are going to enforce it.

Iím really tired of all this. I have issues that put me the high risk group so every tiny ache, pain, cough, dry throat, etc. is cause for alarm. A co-worker has tested positive so now those of us who are concerned about coronavirus have become even more stressed. Too many of my co-workers just don't seem to care and that is another source of stress since they wonít wear their masks like they should.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 02:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter
 
Pat58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I just saw a headline that WalMart is going to require customers to wear masks. On one hand Iím glad they took that step, but on the other hand I canít imagine how they are going to enforce it.

Iím really tired of all this. I have issues that put me the high risk group so every tiny ache, pain, cough, dry throat, etc. is cause for alarm. A co-worker has tested positive so now those of us who are concerned about coronavirus have become even more stressed. Too many of my co-workers just don't seem to care and that is another source of stress since they wonít wear their masks like they should.
_____
YADeb
I hope Walmart has plans to hire security for the front door then.
Pat58 is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 03:13 PM  
Leonana
 
Leonana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
The studies on immunity are preliminary. Which most studies are right now, with information changing so fast. I really like the Sawbones podcast on medical literacy. Dr. McElroy explains about the studies and immunity. There are issues with the studies, and most likely immunity will last longer than a few months.

This episode is on medical literacy and how to interpret the news.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000484726002
__________________
Sherry
Leonana is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 03:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter
 
txhsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TX Panhandle
On the immunity front, there are documented cases of folks getting the virus twice (i.e., once in March and again in June), so the immunity, if there is any, may not last long.

Carol
txhsmom is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 03:27 PM  
bubbles76
VF Supporter
 
bubbles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
WalMarts in NJ require masks. No security necessary. I've seen people kicked out of Target and the post office up here for not wearing their masks.

I'm with Lori: What's the harm in overdoing it right now?
__________________
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline  
Old 07-15-20, 03:37 PM  
tangerine
 
tangerine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
WalMarts in NJ require masks. No security necessary. I've seen people kicked out of Target and the post office up here for not wearing their masks.

I'm with Lori: What's the harm in overdoing it right now?
It's amazing how many people are all 'BUT MY RIGHTS!!!' when they they have to do such a simple thing to keep their fellow countrymen/women alive. How it is "patriotic" or "smart" to go around spreading disease on other people around you and possibly killing them is beyond me.

Also all the people who think they won't die if they get it and will recover, you still might have to go into the hospital for a few days and end up with thousands in medical bills. And the long term effects of the virus are still unknown.

God help us if this country goes to war and we have to be inconvenienced in any way. I'm not convinced people will stop partying or follow instructions then either.
__________________
Alice came to the fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness