Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-20, 08:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Popping in just to say hi. It's so hot where I live and we only have one window A.C., and it's even hot in there. I'll try to do something productive this evening! Stay cool everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-20, 03:21 PM  
Rose

Thanks for the Hello, Pat! Hope you are doing well.

The past few days I started feeling really tried, turns out I have an infection and have to take antibiotics for the next week. It seems I can not pass beyond the Unpluggeds! Just resting today, tomorrow I will do a short segment.

Summer Breeze- for ankle weights, I have some proper ones but they are too cumbersome to put on. I have some 1 1/2 & 1 pound velcro weights that I strap together to give me either 2 or 3 lbs and use them. I have never gone up to 5 pounds! Good for you if you are able to do so. I got the Trigger Point book...hmm, the illustrations look like something from the '70s. I'll have to read it a bit more and try it to see if it helps.

Enjoy the Day!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-20, 08:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

You ladies encouraged me to do a short workout instead of just flopping around again last night. I tried Unplugged 1924 which was much more enjoyable than 1923.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-22-20, 09:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

I did some pilates yesterday and my back seems to be almost completely better, knock wood. I'm not sure I'm up for MR yet, I'm being very cautious for now hoping not to re-injure myself.

ROSE, oh no, sorry about the infection. I hope you feel better soon. Take it slowly. I have used the 5 lb ankle weights with MR but it's tough for sure. That's why I'm interested in getting some 3 lbers

PAT, good job getting in an unplugged workout. Glad 1924 worked out better for you. It's brutally hot and humid here too

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 08:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My workplace had a charity benefit yoga class yesterday morning and I attended. First live yoga class since February!! Wow I didn't realize how much I missed a real class. There was a limited sign up and plenty of spacing so I felt safe. Lots of fun.
Old 07-23-20, 04:47 PM  
Rose

Hello! One more day off and then back to working out tomorrow.

I'll start slow with an Unplugged. Yes, I bad mouthed them, saying they weren't hard enough. But they are perfect for getting moving and sometimes the work can be sneakily hard.

Enjoy the day.
Old 07-24-20, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried a workout from Kathy Smith's Rejuvenation series last night, the upper body with tubing. It was okay. Followed that up with Winsor Buns & Thighs with the flex band - wow. I'm going to use one of Margaret's older DVDs next.

GypsyRose one of the cons about the Unpluggeds is that you can just get one over with on a busy day, and not even have to change clothes. I've done many barefoot in my pajamas.

Summer Breeze good to hear about your back.

TGIF!!
Old 07-24-20, 08:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals !!

I finally walked yesterday, felt so good to be back. I've been doing some Denise Austin workouts the past few days. I've never been a fan, her demeanor and cuing bug me, but I've been enjoying her workouts. Go figure.
I'm planning to do an MR soon.

PAT, glad you enjoyed the live yoga class! Love Winsor buns & thighs, that's my go to workout when I don't feel like working out .

ROSE, yes Margaret is sneaky sometimes. Enjoy.

Have a great day!

Old 07-24-20, 05:24 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Worked out today to Fitness Becomes You Program 2 A. It was only 15 minutes long, very low key, all upper body. Margaret goes heavy here, 14 lbs on biceps. Not me! Triceps was a very short segment, then flys for chest. And then she worked the rotator cuffs and deltoids in the way I like best where she is on her side on the mat and lifts one arm up and down away from her body.
Then it was over.

This was the most 'homemade' looking Margaret Richards. She's taking it easy, dressed casual, sitting in a chair for some of the workouts. The music was instrumental, with a Renaissance flair. It was okay. Something to get me moving.

Summer Breeze- Denise Austin has grown on me also. Her workouts are harder than they look. Glad you are back working out.

Pat For the Unpluggeds, I've done them while wearing dresses. Super easy to do and quick. Have you done Fitness Becomes You? What do you think?

Have a good day!
Old 07-25-20, 10:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

I did a 51 minute walk yesterday for my workout.

ROSE, nice job with Fitness Becomes You. I find that dvd is set up very strangely for some reason. I remember liking it when I did it last year or the year before but when I tried it earlier this year it just seemed poorly put together.

Hi to PAT.

Have a great weekend!

Tags
margaret richard rotation