Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-20, 04:00 PM  
shoegoddess

My anxiety level is way up! My 21 year old granddaughter is thinking of driving from CA to TX with her brother to see her family. I'm terrified with all the civil unrest and craziness going on!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 04:47 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
.... And I visit many fewer websites because EVERYTHING is politicized now.
This!! It seems like every where you go, the issues never cease. And people are so caustic! If you express an opposing view, they'll accuse you of being some sort of politically incorrect pariah. So many people walk on eggshells for fear of setting off a savage response, which can happen with the smallest and seemingly innocent comment. I miss polite, intelligent debate. And I miss kindness in the general population

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, it does appear so . The news, and recent health concerns for my mother, has made me very tense and easy to cry lately. ....
So sorry bubbles-- I hope you feel better soon
Old 06-17-20, 04:52 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
This!! It seems like every where you go, the issues never cease. And people are so caustic! If you express an opposing view, they'll accuse you of being some sort of politically incorrect pariah. So many people walk on eggshells for fear of setting off a savage response, which can happen with the smallest and seemingly innocent comment. I miss polite, intelligent debate. And I miss kindness in the general population

So sorry bubbles-- I hope you feel better soon
Totally agree and Bubbles, I hope you are feeling better soon and that your mom is ok.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 04:58 PM  
anetta

Love a me tv. I have been watching the Waltons.

Also watching original Magnum PI on Hallmark HDD channel

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 05:34 PM  
wendug

I love the Great British Baking Show, too, but I've seen them all! So now I'm watching The Big Flower Fight on Netflix. It is British and has a very similar feel to GBBS, but with flowers.
Old 06-17-20, 06:05 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Another one who likes the Golden Girls. we have You Tube TV now and the channel that aired the episodes we no longer have, TV Land maybe? But I have a few seasons on DVD, maybe I should pull those out and watch a few shows.

I like COZI TV, one of my all time favorite shows is Frasier and it airs nightly, I have seen the episodes a bunch of times but still watch anyway. I also like Buzzr TV which airs old games shows, then there is MeTV and Antenna TV as well. We have a local channel that airs Friends episodes too, another favorite.

I have lots of TV shows on DVD (Frasier, Mary Tyler Moore, GG, Melrose Place, Las Vegas) now might be a good time to have some DVD marathons.

To answer the OPs question, I can't really watch the news anymore either, has been that way for week now so I just try to watch something else.

Another thing that is good is that I am trying to become more consistent with exercise, it is helping a little, also getting out and walking often.

One of the best things I can do though is hang out with my kitty. She really enjoys being brushed, and it's very therapeutic for me as well.

I forgot about reading! That is the ultimate escape for me, and I like watching You Tube as well.

Bubbles, hope your Mom is okay, hang in there.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 06:15 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Same here. I stopped watching the news. Too upsetting. So now when I do watch TV, which isn't often, it's the Big Bang Theory, Discovery channel shows like Bering Sea Gold, Gold Rush, Life Below Zero. I'm also watching a series on Formula 1 racing on Netflix and also That '70s Show which I never saw back when it was originally on. Staying away from the news also gives me more time to read and get outside. So it's healthier in many ways.
Old 06-17-20, 06:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, it does appear so . The news, and recent health concerns for my mother, has made me very tense and easy to cry lately. Because I did something to my knee last week, I only just started working out again yesterday. Upper body only. Exercise is my release and my happy place (much like watching episodes of The Golden Girls and Living Single) and I haven't been able to do work out for at least five days. I have been a weepy mess lately.
I skimmed too quickly earlier. Bubbles, I hope your mom will be okay. It's so stressful watching them get older.

I enjoy Living Single too.

We've been watching a lot of Mom and Last Man Standing, but Friends is one of my very favorite shows, regardless of how many times I've seen every episode.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 07:20 PM  
Bluebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Aw man! It looks like it's only streaming. Why can't things be on regular TV anymore?????

(Sorry. It would still tick me off on a normal day but I am exceptionally crabby today.)
I'm bummed about that too. I'm hoping it will rerun on USA network since that's Psych's original home network.

I love old shows like Golden Girls, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, etc. It's funny to see how much company I have watching them.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 07:35 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm hoping so too, Bluebelle. I don't get why it's not airing there in the first place.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
board games, favorite tv shows