Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-20, 11:54 AM  
bubbles76

Barlates Question - Help Me Decide

Hi all! I have my eyes on the following Barlates dvd:
  • Body Blitz Triple Burn Series 2 DVD Set
  • Body Blitz Double Burn Series 2 DVD Set
  • Barlates Mat Series 14 Workout Set - I believe most of these are online, but it is nice to have them all in one place. Can someone confirm? I love mat work!
  • Barlates Beginners Series - I think this one may also be online, not sure.

Which would you choose for me, and why? I also have the following Barlates dvd, so would like to know if I'm just repeating myself if I buy any of the above:
  • Pilates Barre Fusion
  • Mix and Match Series
  • Endurance 100, 110, 120
  • Functional Barre Sculpt
  • Stamina 50 Reps
  • Cardio Sculpt Fusion
  • Upper & Lower Drop Sets - don't think this is anything like the ones I'm inquiring about, but thought I'd list it anyway
  • Mat Sculpt and Burn

And if anyone wants to help me build a rotation with what I have, feel free to PM me

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 06:27 PM  
bubbles76

Opinions? I've got an amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 05-28-20, 07:17 PM  
Fitstick

I would suggest the double burn or triple burns DVDs, they just seem more enjoyable and less grueling to me.

I have the shap, tighten and burn 3 dvd set for SASE if you are interested. The case arrived broken and 1 of the DVDs is scratched but might play ok. I would rather give it away then throw it out. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 07:32 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks! I also PMed you I think the workouts on Double and Triple Burn are full body, yes?
Old 05-28-20, 07:37 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Thanks! I also PMed you I think the workouts on Double and Triple Burn are full body, yes?
Yes, I actually prefer her full body workouts.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 07:05 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I am looking at Mary's sale and am considering some Barlates DVDs.
Bubbles, I am considering the Drop Sets series and would like to know what you like and don't like about it.

I am also interested in the Double Loop series and am looking for feedback on that one.
The other ones that are of interest to me are all free on YouTube so I will try them before I decide if I need them as downloads.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 08:17 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

bubbles - i emailed Linda to get her feedback on the workout that had the most floorwork, and she suggested her beginner's mat workout. she also said "my definition of beginners is more like intermediate for other instructors' workouts."

it turned out to be a good floorwork workout. lots of reps.

one thing i want to say - if you buy from Linda, check your DVDs closely. after playing this particular DVD (i think it's a DVD-R), the center hole had a crack in it, and i couldn't recall whether it was there before or after. i didn't abuse it.

unfortunately, this was a few months after i acquired it, and she questioned whether it was appropriate for me to bring this up long after i bought it. she had a point, so i didn't push for it. although she has "lifetime warranty on DVD-R," cracks aren't covered, i guess.

i bought the 75, 100 and 120 series and the mix and match series but haven't tried them just yet.

i got the high reps series because i like high rep. the 75 DVD series is not sold on her site - i got it from Amazon. mix and match appealed to me because it was high rep with weights. i have the Ori series and the feel good series. the Ori one is ok - kinda boring though.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 08:37 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Yes, I actually prefer her full body workouts.
Me too. Her workouts that spend a long time on one body part are too much for me, unless they are short 10-15 minute workouts that can be used as an add-on to other workouts.
Old 09-30-20, 01:12 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I am looking at Mary's sale and am considering some Barlates DVDs.
Bubbles, I am considering the Drop Sets series and would like to know what you like and don't like about it.

I am also interested in the Double Loop series and am looking for feedback on that one.
The other ones that are of interest to me are all free on YouTube so I will try them before I decide if I need them as downloads.
I can comment on Drop Sets. You can lift heavier with it if you want which is unusual for Linda. It has different moves than you get from Cathe or KCM etc. It gives me DOMS for some reason. Crazy DOMS, the strongest DOMS I think I’ve ever had. I’m not sure why. I actually communicated with Linda about that and she said the same thing happened to her when she was filming it. The only negative I have with it is a lot of the workouts are, I think, 40 to 60 minutes each on mostly one body part which is long for me. It would work great if you were doing a one body part a day rotation.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 05:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Me too. Her workouts that spend a long time on one body part are too much for me, unless they are short 10-15 minute workouts that can be used as an add-on to other workouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I can comment on Drop Sets. You can lift heavier with it if you want which is unusual for Linda. It has different moves than you get from Cathe or KCM etc. It gives me DOMS for some reason. Crazy DOMS, the strongest DOMS I think I’ve ever had. I’m not sure why. I actually communicated with Linda about that and she said the same thing happened to her when she was filming it. The only negative I have with it is a lot of the workouts are, I think, 40 to 60 minutes each on mostly one body part which is long for me. It would work great if you were doing a one body part a day rotation.
Yeah I don't think this is for me. I am not interested in working each body part for that long. I was mainly interested because she uses weights heavier than 2 lbs. I still might go for the double loop one but then I have to pay for shipping.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, barlates body blitz, linda wooldridge