Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-20, 04:15 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I just posted this in other thread:

Anyone see Kelly Coffey Meyer's post on Facebook? First she posts "Hmm" and that's it. I knew it was about this new series. Then she posts another thread saying "The ORIGINAL 30 Minutes to Fitness since 2005". I don't think Cathe is trying to compete with her. I just thought it was unnecessary.
Lol Cathe is an icon. KCM would do well to be more respectful, esp since she doesn't have a fraction of Cathe's resume or talent. Seriously, KCM's bad attitude has come back to haunt her on several occasions. She should focus on fitness and stop letting people know how she thinks. I put all her workouts away after her last posting fiasco. I'm not a huge fan of her work but I did occasionally pull out a boxing or weight workout. She's losing revenue and fans by not being more gracious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
Cathe clearly lives rent free in Kelly’s head and she copies everything Cathe does, She didn’t pioneer the 30 minute workout. Or the number 30 in the title. Or even putting 2- 30 minute workouts on one DVD. This attitude is why I no longer buy her workouts. I ignored it for a long time, but I got to a point where I can no longer support her.
This. I'm actually wondering if I want to toss all her stuff at this point. The more she talks, the less I want to work out with her. I use to really like some of Ellen Barrett's workouts (Self Dvd on sunny beach ). I had to toss all her dvds after her infamous "skinny is the new wealthy" post. I use dvds for instruction and for the sense of camaraderie with instructor/cast. I find very little inspiration in buddying up with shallow or petty people.

The new series sounds great Probably won't preorder but will likely purchase when it is completed.
Old 01-15-20, 08:36 AM  
marki64

Now this is a Cathe Series I would be interested in, as I am always looking for tough, advanced 30-40 min routines. I really wish you didn't have to buy something else to get free shipping, but that's the Cathe way.

I don't know why we are making KCM the focus of this thread. Who cares what other instructors say. I am sure they all have their claws out when Cathe releases a set. Too bad, so sad.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 08:57 AM  
buffmama

I wish this didn't have 2 yoga workouts as I don't go to Cathe for yoga. I also wish with the 30 min time frame there would be more focus on the large muscle groups and not getting everything in from head to toe. Since it will keep moving probably won't be very heavy...Will I still keep an eye on these? Yes, but a gal can wish...
Old 01-15-20, 09:06 AM  
s2546

Cathe is great. But i really like KCM too. I am glad they are both still making DVDs.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 09:14 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
Cathe is great. But i really like KCM too. I am glad they are both still making DVDs.

sue
This!☝️

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 09:30 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I wish this didn't have 2 yoga workouts as I don't go to Cathe for yoga. I also wish with the 30 min time frame there would be more focus on the large muscle groups and not getting everything in from head to toe. Since it will keep moving probably won't be very heavy...Will I still keep an eye on these? Yes, but a gal can wish...
Yeah, I'm unlikely to use the yoga but if I'll use the HIIT, then the presale would be worth it for me (I know I'd use the weight workouts). If I wouldn't use the HIIT, then I should wait for reviews and just buy the weight DVD if it sounds good. 30 minutes of HIIT is a lot of HIIT. Hm, thinking, thinking.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 09:58 AM  
owltx

I am interested in this - I like having an upper and lower split. Like others, not sure about the yoga - I didn't like her previous yoga workouts, but a lot of that for me was the length. I do like her stretching segments - but I will say 15-20 minutes is about the max for me on the stretching add-ons. If it weren't for losing the premixes, this is one series where I would seriously consider just the downloads.

Wish List: I am hoping the Low Impact HIIT might incorporate the step (a la the last half of low impact sweat)- I've found that's a good way to get my heart rate up while remaining low impact. Hoping both strength workouts will have a mish mosh premix with abs mixed in.

Looking forward to new workouts!
Old 01-15-20, 10:01 AM  
TinaS

Definitely getting! I'm surprised that she's releasing another series so soon after the L.I.T.E. series, but I guess that she wants to keep her advanced exercisers happy. I'm happy to see new yoga workouts!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 10:02 AM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
Definitely getting! I'm surprised that she's releasing another series so soon after the L.I.T.E. series, but I guess that she wants to keep her advanced exercisers happy. I'm happy to see new yoga workouts!
Don't forget about Step Boss! Those came out around Christmas!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 10:43 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post

Wish List: I am hoping the Low Impact HIIT might incorporate the step (a la the last half of low impact sweat)- I've found that's a good way to get my heart rate up while remaining low impact.
Hah, that's funny, because I'm really hoping the HiiT workouts don't use the step at all. And my ultimate dream would be to have another Double Wave Pyramid...it makes a great, quick, killer hiit even if you only do one Pyramid (so wish that premix existed). I've done the 30 min premix on Afterburn many times and there's no step, but whew! (we need a "sweating profusely" emoji)

Also, I wonder if the PerfectFlow will be more flow than yoga...a la Jessica Smith....I love Jessica's fusion workouts and would like to see a Cathe version. Balance work can get pretty advanced!

But no matter what, I'm really thrilled to see these...Cathe's 30 min workouts/premixes are my favorites and to see strength work that's specifically designed for a 30 min time period is AWESOME!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30