Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-19, 03:54 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Where can the Sarango rotation be found? Thanks.
You can find it HERE

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 03:57 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Nowaday, I just want to be healthy, fit and flexible and I'm not looking for the elusive "results" anymore.
Just want to point out that not everyone who follows a rotation is looking for elusive results. For me it’s the challenge of creating a rotation and then actually finishing it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 04-12-19, 04:14 PM  
Hedgehog

I let myself do whatever I wanted as long as it was min 5 day/wk alternating cardio & weights. Typically Cathe but, I'm a true vidiot and own a lot of other stuff. This was my program for close to 20 years.

3 months ago I started the sts/glute rotation written by 2lazy4gym. It is the ONLY rotation I've followed for more than 2 days!!! I even had a lot of her suggestions (edge booty 2, ultimatum, butt bible) for about a year on her recommendation before I actually did the rotation. I have one week left to go!!!

I'm shocked at the results. I'm currently working on tweaking it to my own liking based on what worked for me for a second round but, without her rotation, I would NEVER have gotten the results I did. Although I don't have anything to compare it to....having never done another rotation, I didn't get the results previously from using the same videos outside of the rotation so.....
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 04:39 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I have followed rotations. Then I crave variety. I did the whole of LIIFT4 and on the rest days I did yoga and Pilates. I did 21 DF a lot, also did the pattern but with my own choice of DVDs.
On Monday, I'm going to start the hybrid calendar of LIIFT 4 and Transform 20. I may end up delaying it until after my next concert performance though. There have been hints that the daily workouts are more than a half hour.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 04:41 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Just want to point out that not everyone who follows a rotation is looking for elusive results. For me it’s the challenge of creating a rotation and then actually finishing it.
Thank you for pointing this out. I was speaking strickly of myself.
Old 04-12-19, 05:15 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Thank you for pointing this out. I was speaking strickly of myself.
Sorry, truly sorry. It didn’t read like that to me. I should have realized.

Old 04-12-19, 06:06 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I let myself do whatever I wanted as long as it was min 5 day/wk alternating cardio & weights. Typically Cathe but, I'm a true vidiot and own a lot of other stuff. This was my program for close to 20 years.

3 months ago I started the sts/glute rotation written by 2lazy4gym. It is the ONLY rotation I've followed for more than 2 days!!! I even had a lot of her suggestions (edge booty 2, ultimatum, butt bible) for about a year on her recommendation before I actually did the rotation. I have one week left to go!!!
I do the same thing... alternating cardio and weights 5 days/week. Weights are definitely Cathe, and cardio are Cathe, sprinkled with other instructors. I'll try to do Metabolic/Cardio/Upper Body/Cardio/Circuit. I would call it loose rotation.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 07:59 PM  
videofit

The only time I followed a rotation was about twenty years ago when I did the famous Firm rotation which was in a little booklet, if I recall correctly. I think it was 90 days but don't remember. Since then I've always done my own thing.
Old 04-12-19, 08:06 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
As a college instructor, I think in terms of seasons and semesters and breaks, so I usually do the same rotation for half a semester, then switch it up.
I like this approach! I think I could make something like that work, thinking of it in smaller chunks with a specified time period.
Old 04-12-19, 09:01 PM  
Vantreesta

I have probably spent as much time making up rotations over the years as I've spent working out. I love rotations whether they come with a program or I make up my own, which always mix at least 2 different programs, but I haven't been consistent about anything for at least 5 years. The only rotations I think I've actually completed were CLX and the PowerFit/PowerFit Harmony one. Choosing a workout right before doing it would be too hard for me so sometimes I just draw a card from whichever basket holds the workout type I want and do whatever I pull out!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotation, rotationally challenged, rotations