Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-19, 04:10 AM  
Negin

Thank you again, everyone. You ladies are, as always, the absolute best. I will be placing an order very soon. We live outside the country, so I always need to do as much research as possible before ordering. It's hard for me to return pretty much anything.
Old 02-19-19, 03:11 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Jade Fusion 74" is my soul mate mat. Thicker, but not too mushy for yoga. Good grip. Mine has been going strong for over 10 years.
manduka.com/yoga-mats/pro/manduka-pro-yoga-mat-verve.html[/url]
I'm about to place an order soon. I'm short (almost 5' 2") and my room is not all that big or spacious. Should I get the 68"? I was just wondering that if I plan on layering it at times with the Manduka round one, would the 68 inch one be fine? In other words, is there a specific reason that you like the 74" one? Sorry to bother you.

No worries. I just measured and the 74" one should be fine.
Old 02-19-19, 07:23 PM  
cyana

I just logged on for the first time in several days and saw this. I'm over 5'7", so I need a longer mat, but apparently I'm also seriously challenged with maintaining my position on the mat as even with the longer version I'll frequently find my face staring into the floor during flow practices. I'm not sure there IS a mat long enough to keep me from migrating all over the place, LOL!

Good luck with your purchase!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 05:41 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I just logged on for the first time in several days and saw this. I'm over 5'7", so I need a longer mat, but apparently I'm also seriously challenged with maintaining my position on the mat as even with the longer version I'll frequently find my face staring into the floor during flow practices. I'm not sure there IS a mat long enough to keep me from migrating all over the place, LOL!

Good luck with your purchase!
You might like the Manduka Pro Squared mat. At 2m x 2m it is spacious enough for many different types of practice. The material is the same as the Manduka Pro mats which is quite dense. I have had mine for 4 years and, even with daily use, there is no visible wear. It was expensive, but is definitely one of the best fitness purchases I have ever made. If you are interested, sign up for their mailing list since they have frequent sales (I got mine at 25% off).
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 12:28 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I have this square yoga mat from Amazon -- https://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Direct-6...gateway&sr=8-5

It's not as thick and durable as the Manduka version but I use it as a layer over puzzle mats for everything but yoga. Nice insulation and cushioning! Puzzle mats + this square yoga mat is too squishy for wrist-intensive yoga routines.

For yoga, my preference is the 4mm mat from yogaprops.com on bare hardwood floor or tile -- http://www.yogaprops.com/mats.html -- more sticky than Manduka and the perfect amount of cushioning for knees without making things too wobbly on my wrists!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exercise mat, mat, mats, round yoga mat, workout mat, yoga mat