2-cardio
3-Barre workout
4-cardio
5-total body circuit
6-yoga/stretch
7-rest
Old 08-05-18, 11:01 AM  
Lannette

Yes, I’ve done this though I’m most likely to choose a few DVDs or streaming WOs for each category I’m rotating. My morning time is tight, heck, my time is tight period. Having a small list of DVDs to choose from makes picking one easier.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 08-05-18 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Auto correct is the bane of my existence!
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 12:22 PM  
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Yep, that's what I do.

1-total body strength
2-cardio
3-Barre workout
4-cardio
5-total body circuit
6-yoga/stretch
7-rest
Thank you for posting this. I like it simple and this fits the bill.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 01:34 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I've begun making a monthly Word table with the genres of workouts I want to accomplish, amount, and instructors to hit that month with check boxes for each amount. My table for August is:

~ Try one Pilates class at a studio
~ 6 gym workouts
~ 3 KCM
~ 3 MR Unpluggeds
~ 2 MR non-Unplugged
~ 1 Jane Fonda
~ Kathy Smith Peel Off the Pounds - complete DVD
~ 4 yoga (hatha, yin, restorative)
~ 4 Kundalini
~ 4 Svaroopa yoga classes
~ 3 Winsor Pilates
~ 3 non-Winsor Pilates
~ 3 Lee Holden
~ 2 Bellyfit
~ 6 walks

I'm having better luck with this model than anything I've tried. Next month I'll switch to other instructors / DVDs I haven't used in a while.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 02:01 PM  
hotncmom

Yes, I am doing a non rotation rotation to finally get through entire programs and workouts I've never done. Currently I'm working through Pilates Slimdown and Pilates Slimdown 2 workouts (that I purchased and downloaded from Codyapp) and alternating them with the Perfect Body Yoga program workouts by Erin Motz. I am only doing each workout once. So I'm not repeating the set for 4 weeks or whatever the recommendation is. Nothing worse than having to go back and do a workout 3 more times that you didn't really like the first time, IMO.

When I finish Pilates Slimdown 2 this week, I'm going to work through some various barre workouts I downloaded or have on DVD and when I finish PBYP I'll go through Yoga 30 for 30 (Travis Eliot).

What I'm hoping is that I will find some go-to favorites. I buy these programs and never finish because there are always workouts in the rotation that I don't really like. So I drop it, and never get back to it. I'm determined to go through each workout once to just say I've tried everything.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 02:12 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I've begun making a monthly Word table with the genres of workouts I want to accomplish, amount, and instructors to hit that month with check boxes for each amount. My table for August is:

~ Try one Pilates class at a studio
~ 6 gym workouts
~ 3 KCM
~ 3 MR Unpluggeds
~ 2 MR non-Unplugged
~ 1 Jane Fonda
~ Kathy Smith Peel Off the Pounds - complete DVD
~ 4 yoga (hatha, yin, restorative)
~ 4 Kundalini
~ 4 Svaroopa yoga classes
~ 3 Winsor Pilates
~ 3 non-Winsor Pilates
~ 3 Lee Holden
~ 2 Bellyfit
~ 6 walks

I'm having better luck with this model than anything I've tried. Next month I'll switch to other instructors / DVDs I haven't used in a while.
Pat,I like this idea!I have many untried workouts and this s great way to work through them without being overwhelmed by what to pick.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 03:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The thing that Look Great in 8 did for me was to not only specify the type of workout, but the duration and intensity in a logical manner. This meant that I tried different kinds of workouts than I usually would have and saw some real gains. Other than those times, I always did a non-rotation rotation.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 06:24 AM  
mandie123

I'am thinking of doing this type of rotation,as i'am back to just working out with dvd's.My question is what would be considered a core workout?
Old 08-06-18, 06:25 AM  
donnamp

Mandie - I am thinking about doing this, too, b/c I have so many DVDs gathering dust and it would be fun to just pick a few to plug in each week.

The original poster described her core workouts as either Pilates or traditional abs - but I think you can make them what you want them to be -

Pat - I like your idea, too! This way you can be flexible with how you schedule things.

That is another thing I like about the generic rotation, if you have a week where you know you will be short on time you can schedule in shorter workouts that fit the theme for each day and still feel "successful" with the rotation.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 09:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Donna and Sherry - I came up with this because I want to follow a rotation, but the reality is I don't know how I'm going to feel from day to day. This gives me flexibility but also a nudge to challenge myself on good days.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotation, rotation ideas, rotations