Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-18, 07:24 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I love Gilad and if this were available to purchase on DVD, I might be tempted. The disadvantage is the indoor setting. And (after viewing) the exercises look very similar to what he's done before. Other than using these exercises to get Fergie into better shape, I'm not sure why I can't do the same by using the DVDs I already have of his?
I thought the same thing, there is nothing "new" in these workouts that he and others haven't done before. Is there a magical way that he puts them together to help Fergie or was it her eating and exercising. I know no eating talk is allowed.

They are Gilad and he does look good but I have a ton of his workouts and now I also get his bodies in motion show on TV.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 07:54 AM  
sherry7899

Rhonda-which channel shows Bodies in Motion? I haven't seen it on tv sinceFit TV went off the air.

Thanks!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 08:44 AM  
adrien_73

I would really like to try these, but it seems kind of pricey for the content you get. I know Gilad has a lot of sales. I think I will TRY to wait until they have been out for a while & see if I can get a better price.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 08:47 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Rhonda-which channel shows Bodies in Motion? I haven't seen it on tv sinceFit TV went off the air.

Thanks!
I found it while I was surfing through our guide. We just went back to Direct TV from Dish and it was on JTV (Jewish TV). I figured I would record all shows and I have to go through it daily and there are a few episodes each day. Not sure of times. Weekends I think I get 5 shows. Not sure how much longer I will be recording them as it seems to be a bit much for me. I haven't looked at my DVR in a couple of days so I probably will have at least 10-12 shows. I thought it would be one show a day. It is nice to see the old shows and people.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 08:59 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I really like the clips of workout #1 and #4 because they're low impact and it looks like #4 would have a cardio impact even though it's not cardio.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I would really like to try these, but it seems kind of pricey for the content you get. I know Gilad has a lot of sales. I think I will TRY to wait until they have been out for a while & see if I can get a better price.
Personally, I would wait until he has a sale. I'm likely to cave as I like Gilad's workouts, and I actually prefer working out w/ a "mature" Gilad - as in no spandex or flesh colored leotards - LOL!

I am going to try to hold out until he has a sale, he usually has a few during the year - sometimes getting you as much as 40% off. Hopefully, these would not be excluded from the sale.

Jennifer P
- the Gilad downloads I have bought so far stream through Purple Player. I haven't tried to make hard copies of them - so I am not sure if that is possible or not. but I have had no problem w/ Purple Player.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 09:16 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I found it while I was surfing through our guide. We just went back to Direct TV from Dish and it was on JTV (Jewish TV). I figured I would record all shows and I have to go through it daily and there are a few episodes each day. Not sure of times. Weekends I think I get 5 shows. Not sure how much longer I will be recording them as it seems to be a bit much for me. I haven't looked at my DVR in a couple of days so I probably will have at least 10-12 shows. I thought it would be one show a day. It is nice to see the old shows and people.

Thanks! We may get that channel on Verizon Fios. I have to check.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 09:29 AM  
laurajhawk

Watching these clips mostly just makes me want to get out my old Gilads. I could use some beach time.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 10:43 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
https://digital.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.com/

There are clips on this page. click on the cover and it takes you to another page with clips.
'Tone every Inch' looks great and thorough! I have DOMS just from watching
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 01:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i contacted them about whether it would be released on DVD. they responded with:

We have not decided yet. Most of our workouts are now being downloaded or streamed. People want their workout immediately and most have good internet. Our DVD sale has dropped 70% over the last couple of years.

You can also get this on your mobile devices by streaming them. I know, not the same but you be surprised how many do this.

We will announce it if we decide to put these on DVDs.

Tom Evensen
Gilad Productions, Ltd.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, gilad xcelerate