Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 01-17-03, 06:12 PM  
Aurora C.

Question Sharper Image's portable mini cycle?

Hi gang....does anyone know anything about this peice of equipment? I saw this product at Spiegel's online catalog for $100. In the interest of variety & space-saving, I was wondering if anyone has tried it, knows anything about its effectiveness or can contribute any input about it at all. It could be a nice addition to my at home exercise repetoire...if it works. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Aurora
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-03, 06:52 PM  
PamelaP

I don't have any personal experience with this product, but wanted to mention that Sharper Image auctions off its customer returns on eBay at great discounts. You can usually get at least 50% off on "like new" items (a little more on "less than new" items), and they're currently running a no-shipping special through 1/20.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-03, 07:06 PM  
Aurora C.

Good to know

Thanks Pamela, that could come in handy...I love a good discount.
I was just doing a little surfing & came across another "mini" item, a step exerciser-stair climber that apparently can be stored very easily...it looks like it could be dangerous, you'd need to have pretty good balace or you might fall off it. It'd have to be pretty heavy & sturdy too, in order for it to stay stationery while in use. I'm not sure if anyone knows anything about this product either but I'd love to hear. I have a mini trampoline & that's about the biggest piece of equipment I can fit but I'm playing with the idea of creating a mini cardio circuit in my livingroom for while I'm watching TV (I can switch to a new activity at commercial breaks)...I wish I could find space for a rowing machine. :rolleyes:
Old 01-17-03, 07:25 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

If you're talking about that stepper-thingy that's just a couple of steps mounted on a little platform, with no handle or anything, that thing is REALLY trashy. I had one and it bent after only a couple of uses. I also had a folding stepper, which had liquid-filled cylinders that leaked all over the place. I used to have a small area too, and I'm ashamed to admit I actually spent money on those POS's... that was before VF of course!

Maybe you could just jog in place or get a mini-step like the one being sold with Cathe's All Step at Kmart, or even a jump rope. (A full-size step is better than the mini, but if you're really space-challenged, the mini will do. I had the Jane Fonda mini-step for a long time.)
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-03, 09:58 PM  
Aurora C.

Here are the links to what I'm talking about

http://www.spiegel.com/Search/Contro...e&D=mini+cycle ...then type in "mini cycle" in the search box .

and

http://www.newsearching.com/stair_cl...e_Stepper.html .

Perhaps this will clarify things...thanks for the input so far.
Old 01-21-03, 10:54 AM  
gimmat
VF Supporter

My mother has limited mobility, so she bought one of those mini bikes. It claimed to be good for arms and legs, but the movement was jerky, and she gave up on it.

A friend has the mini stepper, and she really enjoys it. It stows under her bed, and she loves hopping on it whenever she's watching television. It is a cheap feeling piece of equipment, though, so you may want to try them out in person before committing to the S & H charges--I beleive my pal got hers at a sporting goods store.

Good luck!
gimmat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mini bike, under desk cycle