Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-17, 03:28 PM  
TinaT

Carol ~ What do you mean by newer Firms? I'm trying to get into the Pink Firms and it's not happening. I start out with the warm up and the next thing I know I'm switching it out for a Benson Firm or Fitprime/Kickbutt.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 04:01 PM  
bubbles76

Tina, like you I love my shorter workouts. But most of the older Firms (Volumes 1-3 come to mind) are 60 minutes or more. You mentioned previously that you shortened the workouts. At what point do you shorten them? And do you just finish the rest the next day, or put a day in between?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 04:14 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Tina, like you I love my shorter workouts. But most of the older Firms (Volumes 1-3 come to mind) are 60 minutes or more. You mentioned previously that you shortened the workouts. At what point do you shorten them? And do you just finish the rest the next day, or put a day in between?
The Fitness Favorite DVDs for volumes 1-3 are chaptered fairly well so you can just pick the segment that you want to do and/or have time for. Sometimes I add on a segment(s) to another workout or sometimes I do half and do the other half the next day or later in the week. Most of the time though if I do not do the entire workout, I just pick the segments that I want to do.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 04:47 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Carol ~ What do you mean by newer Firms? I'm trying to get into the Pink Firms and it's not happening. I start out with the warm up and the next thing I know I'm switching it out for a Benson Firm or Fitprime/Kickbutt.
I love them all. Tonight I'm doing Cardio Inferno and Cardio to the Core from the Flat Abs Solution DVD. I follow Tonda's rotations on Facebook, so I don't even have to think about it. I didn't become consistent until I started following rotations created by other people. That was the key for me.
Old 08-08-17, 05:48 PM  
TinaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Anna and her team did and has done such a great job with the chapters, that it's pretty easy to customize the routine. For example let's take Volume 1. I would do the warm up 4 min, then the Giant Total Body Set at 23 min, Core for 6 min, Stretch at 5 min for a total of 38 mins. Then next time instead of the Giant Total Body Set I would do the Giant Floor Set at 22 min which would be 37 min total.

You don't have to do them back to back either. It's whatever you prefer.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 06:19 PM  
rhbrand

You guys have inspired me to dig out my Classic Firms. I think for a little while, I'm going to throw them in a couple times a week.
Old 08-08-17, 10:13 PM  
lizh

You guys are inspiring me too. Maybe it is time for me to finally upgrade to DVDs. I still have all my classic Firms on VHS. Eeeks!
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 12:29 AM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I love them all. Tonight I'm doing Cardio Inferno and Cardio to the Core from the Flat Abs Solution DVD. I follow Tonda's rotations on Facebook, so I don't even have to think about it. I didn't become consistent until I started following rotations created by other people. That was the key for me.
Hi Carol,

What are Tonda's rotations and how can I find them? Thanks!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 05:20 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizh View Post
You guys are inspiring me too. Maybe it is time for me to finally upgrade to DVDs. I still have all my classic Firms on VHS. Eeeks!
I still do too. But I also replaced them on DVD. I still have a VCR, but it's not connected right now.
Old 08-09-17, 05:23 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee View Post
Hi Carol,

What are Tonda's rotations and how can I find them? Thanks!

Ronnee
The rotations consist of all the FIRM workouts (Volume 1 through the Zip Trainer) and the BeMax streaming workouts. They are posted on a closed Facebook group called "FLEX'ng your TransFIRMed Body Check in". You have to request to join.

Tags
classic firms, firm 90 day rotation, revisiting the firm, zip trainer, zip trainer rotations