Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-17, 07:56 PM  
daisyduke

Wow! I'm so happy to get all of the firm love. I love love love thefirm. I just purchased the last few that I didn't have and now I believe I have almost every single one. I'm also doing flex live with emily which I love love love love love.

For some reason because I love it so much I think it won't work. I have this thing that exercise must be torture in order to work (hence p90x). I finished two rotations and ended up quitting exercise altogether because I started to hate it.

I can happily do a firm daily and exercise for years to come. Looks like I'm on the right path. Thanks for chiming in.

Thanks mofirmer for telling me about flex live. I love it.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 08:12 PM  
ncl

Daisy, I added to my post, above, if you are interested. As I was writing it, I realized I think the Firm is way more fun and can be very effective!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 08:39 PM  
Titus2woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
For some reason because I love it so much I think it won't work. I have this thing that exercise must be torture in order to work (hence p90x). I finished two rotations and ended up quitting exercise altogether because I started to hate it.
This is very telling to me! I can share that I've done the very same with diet, meaning that something will be working! But then I'll stop and try the next new thing I hear about and go backwards... WHAT is UP with THAT??? Let's all keep doing what's working!!!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 08:42 PM  
MoFirmer

Daisy - You are welcome!!!! I'm in LOVE with Emily's FLEX Live!!!!!!! I'm glad you are liking it!

Sandi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Girl I miss you from the FIRM boards! <3 you!!!
Old 05-09-17, 09:10 AM  
daisyduke

Carla - I hope she decides not to take off for the summer. I will miss it so much. I love how she changes everything up.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 05:54 PM  
fatkat555

I had better results back in the day from the Firm rather than P90X only because after previewing P90X I couldn't gear myself up to do them. So I'm not saying P90X is not as effective, but at the time I couldn't get into it.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 07:31 PM  
Titus2woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
Daisy - You are welcome!!!! I'm in LOVE with Emily's FLEX Live!!!!!!! I'm glad you are liking it!

Sandi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Girl I miss you from the FIRM boards! <3 you!!!
This makes my day~thank you so much! How are you?

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 07:22 AM  
Hedgehog

Firm always got me back into working out after kids. For me, the fun factor is high and it always gave me quick starting results which keeps me committed. Once I was back into a routine, I tended to branch off only because suddenly everything ELSE I own is calling me and a new rotation looked appealing. P90x is often my go-to when I need to multi-task or know my time will be limited for a while, for many of the workouts I can do it just from the paper and skip the dvd and sometimes that means getting a bunch of sets in, doing something else for a few minutes and then more sets.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 07:39 AM  
Rhonda

I prefer the FIRM myself.

I had P90X and did it but never got past week 6 or so. I got bored with it and tony just drove me nuts. My hubby and I started doing it at one time and then not sure which exercise but hubby injured his shoulder and had to go through PT and so I decided to sell the set. Didn't want to get injured and I don't miss it.

I have the FIRM workouts and I don't do them all the time, and really haven't done a rotation with them, but I do like to throw them in once in a while. Actually I am thinking for June of doing a Jessica Smith/FIRM type rotation. One day Jessica, one day FIRM and see how that goes.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the firm success stories