Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-17, 05:00 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I understand. I have 4 mats now, and I didn't really need this one, but my other mats are not nearly as good quality as this one. Hard to explain, but this one just feels different and much better than my cheaper ones. I guess I never noticed that my other mats are not that of a good quality, until I got one that's good.
I have a mat I bought from Amazon (the brand is escaping me) that I really like, but it isn't as high end as Jade/Manduka. I have three mats now

I felt guilty for buying a second yoga bolster (the first one was a lovely gift) but I use both a lot for yin/restorative yoga. I think I'd like a meditation cushion someday, though.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 05:10 PM  
bubbles76

Found a Manduka Pro. Holy crap it's heavy! I will have to roll this up every day??? We will see. I may stick with the Pro Lite. If that is not comfortable enough, I may stick with my cheapie but beautiful pink mat.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 05:14 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Found a Manduka Pro. Holy crap it's heavy! I will have to roll this up every day??? We will see. I may stick with the Pro Lite. If that is not comfortable enough, I may stick with my cheapie but beautiful pink mat.
I too, was surprised how heavy it is but it feels so stable. Now I can probably do some of my fusion workouts in bare feet without worrying that the mat will slide like my cheaper ones do because they're so light.
Old 04-29-17, 06:01 PM  
hollymarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Hollymarie- sorry for the OT question. Have you been to the Abandoned Luncheonette in Moorestown? A friend of ours who is vegan was thinking of going there to eat. We thought of going there for the books and music.
Haven't tried it, but it sounds very interesting. LMK if you are going!

https://phillygrub.wordpress.com/201...moorestown-nj/

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 06:01 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I am now the proud owner of a purple mat! They also had green, but the purple is prettier.

Thanks for the tip!
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 06:33 PM  
isebelleg44

I am so glad so many were able to find mats! I use the Manduka Pro for so many things besides yoga. That is why I am glad I scored a new one! The new one will be just for yoga and my old one will be for everything else.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 07:32 PM  
lorajc

Hi...just curious what makes the so special? I get that they are thick.....but why is everyone so excited over them? Enlighten me please. I probably should remain ignorant as in broke. Thanks
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 07:44 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollymarie View Post
Haven't tried it, but it sounds very interesting. LMK if you are going!

https://phillygrub.wordpress.com/201...moorestown-nj/
Thanks so much! I will let you know if we go.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 08:10 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Hi...just curious what makes the so special? I get that they are thick.....but why is everyone so excited over them? Enlighten me please. I probably should remain ignorant as in broke. Thanks
My first impression is that Manduka Pro, which I just got, is a lot heavier and denser than any other yoga mat I own, and I own 3 other mats. It's not necessarily thicker, but it's definitely denser - thus the heavier weight. Anytime I used my cheaper yoga mat for barefoot fusion workouts, the mat would move around or even stick to my feet (!!) because it was so light. I briefly tried the Manduka mat today and it didn't move/slide around and felt a completely stable. That's my impression so far. I use yoga mat for yoga, pilates and barefoot fusion workouts.
Old 04-29-17, 10:24 PM  
samantha-kitty

Another thank you for posting about this! Checked my 2 local stores, and there was only one purple pro between them. Now there are none in the store and I have the new mat I have been needing.
It is marked "irregular", but I think that might be just for the color. It has some teal/blue streaks - looks a little iridescent which I find pretty. Maybe switching color batches while manufacturing?
samantha-kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manduka, yoga mat, yoga mats