Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-17, 05:44 AM  
Jeanne Marie

And y'all know that TJMaxx will have the same stuff, right?

Not that I know from going in both places regularly or anything.
Old 04-29-17, 06:57 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I have seen Manduka mats twice at Marshall's. One was a dark green and very thin. The other black. I don't have one so I don't know...are they very thin?
The Manduka Pro is heavy and thick. It immediately stood out to me amongst the bin of cheap yoga mats!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 07:00 AM  
isebelleg44

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
My favorite part of this story is that you wound up with TWO new lamps in addition to the yoga mat.
That is the story of my life when it comes to Marshalls! I also have a Home Goods five minutes from me. They have a great gourmet foods section.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 08:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I have seen Manduka mats twice at Marshall's. One was a dark green and very thin. The other black. I don't have one so I don't know...are they very thin?
Phyllis, the eko lite is thin, but very dense, if that makes sense. It's my preferred mat, but I could see why some might want something thicker.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 09:11 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
....So I talked myself out of it, but of course couldn't get it out of my head....
I can't tell you how often I've had that experience with fitness-related purchases. Of course I don't NEED it, but I keep thinking about it.

Eventually I go back and buy it just to have some peace and quiet from the ongoing debate inside my head..
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 09:53 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
And y'all know that TJMaxx will have the same stuff, right?

Not that I know from going in both places regularly or anything.
Haha! I have a TJ Maxx really close by. I'll check it out, since I'll be in the area this weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

And Sherry, thanks for the Marshalls location. I think there is one closer in Brick. I might swing by there if the TJ Maxx doesn't have it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 10:33 AM  
BunnyHop

I love this story.

Living where I do, browsing TJMaxx and Marshalls is actually a better use of my time than wandering the earth trying to find what I need in separate stores. I actually make a habit of browsing there several times a year just to keep an eye on what's available. Found good purses that way, vanilla extract, and good kitchen gear.

As much as I like my new round yoga mat, I can well understand the desire to get a backup mat at a great price, especially if you find it locally and can see and touch the exact merchandise.

My most recent irresistible find was a cute plush bunny. On my first big outing since my surgery, I saw one for what seemed like a reasonable price at the TJMaxx about 30 minutes from my house. He was adorable, but I hadn't found what I was actually looking for and the line was long, I was tired, so I put him back and went on with my day. (By the time I got home, I'd been gone for exactly two hours and dad was on the phone worriedly talking to my sister about whether or not he should get the police to start searching for me, LOL!)

I regretted leaving the bunny behind, but I wasn't up to another long drive, so I just let it go. Or so I thought. Some time later I was in our closer to home Marshalls, and lo and behold, there's the same cute bunny. It was a SIGN from the universe. Sold!!
Old 04-29-17, 10:46 AM  
PhyllisG

I love MArshalls and Home Goods. No TJMax close. I usually visit once a week when I do weekly shopping. It is my treat to myself. It is my belief that if you search hard enough at Marshall's you will find it in your size, color whatever. Next time I see a Manduka mat I am buying it.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 11:18 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Not to continue my enabling (okay, maybe a little bit ), Sierra Trading Post is also part of the TJMaxx/Marshall's/Home Goods company. I don't have a STP near me, but I buy stuff from them online all the time. They (STP) have great sales/clearance too. I've scored some of my favorite workout clothing brands for crazy low prices.
Old 04-29-17, 11:52 AM  
sherry7899

Anna-sending you hugs.

I haven't been in TJ Maxx or Marshalls in ages. The TJ Maxx closest to me isn't in a good area, and the one second closest is on a busy highway I try to avoid-same with Marshalls. We have a Ross in our town, but it has been getting crappier lately. I used to find things there all the time.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manduka, yoga mat, yoga mats