Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-16, 06:50 AM  
sherry7899

OT for fans of the tv show Parenthood or family dramas

This show premieres tonight-I miss a good family drama, so I'm hoping this show is worth watching and does not get canceled. I am having bad luck with liking shows and having them get axed. We watched season one of "Vinyl" and "Roadies" and liked both very much and both were canceled.

It is on 10pm EST on NBC (Tuesday)

http://www.nbc.com/this-is-us?nbc=1

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 06:57 AM  
cttx31

I've got my DVR set!
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 07:57 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Thanks for this post. I pretty much only stream now, and I am out of touch with the new shows. I binged watched Parenthood a few months ago and I LOVED it. I was so sad when it was over. But then I found Gilmore Girls.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 08:07 AM  
muggle

I'm looking forward to "This is us". I think that's what it's called. LOVE the fall for the new shows!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 08:16 AM  
sherry7899

It is called "This is Us."

Sancho- you may like the show "Friday Night Lights." It is from the creator of Parenthood. It should still be on Netflix. I am not into football at all but I loved the show.

I love Gilmore Girls also.

Old 09-20-16, 08:27 AM  
Cher

Thanks for reminding me about this show starting. I remember seeing the previews for it and thought it looked good!

I LOVE Gilmore Girls! Just finished binge watching and really looking forward to the couple new episodes coming out in November! Only problem now in the meantime is I need to find another show to watch! Maybe I will try Friday Night Lights. I remember starting to watch it when it was on regular tv but it seemed like it was not on at a convenient time for me.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 08:36 AM  
sherry7899

Cheryl- I think they kept moving around the day/time for Friday Night Lights. I kept missing it and gave up. I watched it on Netflix.

Old 09-20-16, 09:11 AM  
SueT

Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear that Vinyl was cancelled! Since I was a teenager in the 70s, I really loved that show. My son is a recording engineer, and today's music and record business is nothing like it was back then! He's also been in many bands, and record companies don't support bands anywhere near the way they did in the 70s and 80s, as well as taking advantage of them!

My daughter got me into watching Gilmore Girls. That show is great, and we're looking forward to the episodes in November. My daughter's baby boy is due November 26th, and she's wondering if she'll be able to watch the reunion before her baby is born. I told her it will probably air when she's delivering!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 09:30 AM  
sherry7899

Sue-I admit I didn't get really into Vinyl until the episode in Las Vegas where Ray Romano had a bigger role. He was my favorite character. They had announced before season one was even on that there would be a season two, so I was really pissed when they turned around and canceled it after season one ended.

That is really cool that your son is a sound engineer.

If you have Showtime, you would probably enjoy Roadies very much. It is still available on demand on Showtime.

Congratulations on your grandchild! That is so exciting

Sherry

Old 09-20-16, 10:29 AM  
MARIKA

I'm looking forward to this too. I LOVED Parenthoodlove:

Tags
favorite tv shows, off topic